An ordinal approach to the study of intergenerational opportunities for standard of living: the case of Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andersen, Lykke E., 2010.
"Social Mobility in Bolivia is Finally Improving!,"
Revista Latinoamericana de Desarrollo Economico,
Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana, issue 13, pages 117-136.
- Lykke E. Andersen, 2009. "Social Mobility in Bolivia is Finally Improving!," Development Research Working Paper Series 16/2009, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Andersen, Lykke Eg, 2010. "Social Mobility in Bolivia is Finally Improving!," Documentos de trabajo 3/2010, Instituto de Investigaciones Socio-Económicas (IISEC), Universidad Católica Boliviana.
- Van de Gaer, Dirk & Schokkaert, Erik & Martinez, Michel, 2001. "Three Meanings of Intergenerational Mobility," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 519-537, November.
- Saavedra-Chanduví, Jaime & Molinas, José R. & de Barros, Ricardo Paes & Ferreira, Francisco H. G., 2011.
"Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
IDB Publications (Books),
Inter-American Development Bank, number 361.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Jose R. Molinas Vega & Jaime Saavedra Chanduvi, 2009. "Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2580, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:421-428 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Jérémie Gignoux, 2011.
"The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity: Theory And An Application To Latin America,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(4), pages 622-657, December.
- Ferreira , Francisco H. G. & Gignoux, Jeremie, 2008. "The measurement of inequality of opportunity : theory and an application to Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4659, The World Bank.
- Lykke Andersen, 2001. "Social Mobility in Latin America: Links with Adolescent Schooling," Research Department Publications 3130, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Daniele Checchi & Vito Peragine, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity in Italy," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(4), pages 429-450, December.
- Viviane Azevedo & Cesar Bouillon, 2009.
"Social Mobility in Latin America: A Review of Existing Evidence,"
Research Department Publications
4634, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Azevedo, Viviane & Bouillon, César P., 2011. "Social Mobility in Latin America: A Review of Existing Evidence," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1656, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jacob Paroush, 1973. "Efficient Purchasing Behavior And Order Relations In Consumption," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 91-112, January.
- Hertz Tom & Jayasundera Tamara & Piraino Patrizio & Selcuk Sibel & Smith Nicole & Verashchagina Alina, 2008.
"The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-48, January.
- Tom Hertz & Tamara Jayasundera & Patrizio Piraino & Sibel Selcuk & Nicole Smith & Alina Verashchagina, 2007. "The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends," Working Papers 2007-013, American University, Department of Economics.
- Bishop, John A. & Formby, John P. & Thistle, Paul D., 1991. "Rank dominance and international comparisons of income distributions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1399-1409, October.
- Fleurbaey, Marc, 2012. "Fairness, Responsibility, and Welfare," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199653591.
- Jere R. Behrman & Alejandro Gaviria & Miguel Székely, 2001.
"Intergenerational Mobility in Latin America,"
The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2001), pages 1-44, August.
- Jere R. Behrman & Alejandro Gaviria Uribe & Miguel Székely, 2001. "Intergenerational mobility in Latin America," Informes de Investigación 002914, Fedesarrollo.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Gaviria, Alejandro & Székely, Miguel, 2011. "Intergenerational Mobility in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1351, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jere R. Behrman & Alejandro Gaviria & Miguel Székely, 2001. "Intergenerational Mobility in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4267, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alejandro Gaviria, 2007. "Social Mobility and Preferences for Redistribution in Latin America," Economía Journal, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2007), pages 55-96, August.
- José R. Molinas Vega & Ricardo Paes de Barros & Jaime Saavedra Chanduvi & Marcelo Giugale & Louise J. Cord & Carola Pessino & Amer Hasan, 2012. "Do Our Children Have a Chance? A Human Opportunity Report for Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2374, September.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Marta Menéndez, 2007.
"Inequality Of Opportunity In Brazil,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(4), pages 585-618, December.
- Francois Bourguignon & Francisco H.B. Ferreira & Marta Menéndez, 2005. "Inequality of Opportunity in Brazil," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 133, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- François Bourguignon & Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Marta Menéndez, 2007. "Inequality of opportunity in Brazil," Post-Print halshs-00754189, HAL.
- Erik Alencar de Figueiredo & Flavio Augusto Ziegelmann, 2010. "Estimation of Opportunity Inequality in Brazil using Nonparametric Local Logistic Regression," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(9), pages 1593-1606.
- Cavalcanti, Tiago & Guimaraes, Juliana & Sampaio, Breno, 2010. "Barriers to skill acquisition in Brazil: Public and private school students performance in a public university entrance exam," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 395-407, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bérenger, Valérie & Deutsch, Joseph & Silber, Jacques, 2013.
"Durable goods, access to services and the derivation of an asset index: Comparing two methodologies and three countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 881-891.
- Valérie Berenger & Joseph Deutsch & Jacques Silber, 2013. "Durable goods, access to services and the derivation of an asset index: Comparing two methodologies and three countries," Post-Print halshs-00935833, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsGeneralized Lorenz Dominance; Inequality of opportunity; Life chances; Ordinal approach; Rank dominance; Latin America; Latinobarómetro; D31; E24; O54;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jecinq:v:9:y:2011:i:4:p:579-604. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.