‘No Strings Attached’: Welcoming the Existential Gift in Business
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilfred Dolfsma & Rene Eijk & Albert Jolink, 2009. "On a Source of Social Capital: Gift Exchange," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(3), pages 315-329, October.
- Sherry, John F, Jr, 1983. " Gift Giving in Anthropological Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 157-168, September.
- Lloyd Sandelands, 2009. "The Business of Business is the Human Person: Lessons from the Catholic Social Tradition," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(1), pages 93-101, March.
- Chris Provis, 2008. "Guanxi and Conflicts of Interest," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 57-68, April.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Pereira, Paulo T. & Silva, Nuno & Silva, Joao Andrade e, 2006. "Positive and negative reciprocity in the labor market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 406-422, March.
- Berry, Leonard L., 2007. "The best companies are generous companies," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 263-269.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-477, June.
- Sandra Maximiano & Randolph Sloof & Joep Sonnemans, 2007. "Gift Exchange in a Multi-Worker Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(522), pages 1025-1050, July.
- Sherry, John Jr. & McGrath, Mary Ann & Levy, Sidney J., 1993. "The dark side of the gift," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 225-244, November.
- Uri Gneezy & John A List, 2006.
"Putting Behavioral Economics to Work: Testing for Gift Exchange in Labor Markets Using Field Experiments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(5), pages 1365-1384, September.
- Uri Gneezy & John A. List, 2006. "Putting Behavioral Economics to Work: Testing for Gift Exchange in Labor Markets Using Field Experiments," NBER Working Papers 12063, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Uri Gneezy & John List, 2006. "Putting behavioral economics to work: Testing for gift exchange in labor markets using field experiments," Natural Field Experiments 00259, The Field Experiments Website.
- Armin Falk, 2007. "Gift Exchange in the Field," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(5), pages 1501-1511, September.
- Belk, Russell W & Coon, Gregory S, 1993. " Gift Giving as Agapic Love: An Alternative to the Exchange Paradigm Based on Dating Experiences," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 393-417, December.
- Benedetta Giovanola, 2009. "Re-Thinking the Anthropological and Ethical Foundation of Economics and Business: Human Richness and Capabilities Enhancement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(3), pages 431-444, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3652-x is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:espost:170679 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siti Subaryani Binti Zainol & Suhaili binti Mohd Hussin & Maisarah Syazwani binti Othman, 2016. "Determinants of Employee Engagement in Hotel Industry in Malaysia. A Theoretical Mode," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(3), pages 1-9, July.
- Manuel Guillén & Ignacio Ferrero & W. Hoffman, 2015.
"The Neglected Ethical and Spiritual Motivations in the Workplace,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 128(4), pages 803-816, June.
- Manuel GuillÃ©n & Ignacio Ferrero & W. Michael Hoffman, 2014. "The Neglected Ethical and Spiritual Motivations in the Workplace," Faculty Working Papers 08/14, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:145:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3118-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valérie Guillard & Céline Del Bucchia, 2012. ""How About Giving My Things Away Over The Internet? " When Internet Makes It Easier To Give Things Away," Post-Print hal-00909262, HAL.
- repec:eee:touman:v:45:y:2014:i:c:p:134-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:145:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3130-x is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordssocial relations; gift exchange; reciprocity; existential gift; gratuitousness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:99:y:2011:i:1:p:63-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.