Easy-Come-Easy-Go: Moral Hazard in the Context of Return to Education
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Willis, Robert J & Rosen, Sherwin, 1979. "Education and Self-Selection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 7-36, October.
- Johnson, Richard W & Neumark, David, 1996. "Wage Declines among Older Men," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 740-748, November.
- Gary S. Becker, 1962. "Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 1-9.
- Leigh, Andrew & Ryan, Chris, 2008.
"Estimating returns to education using different natural experiment techniques,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, April.
- Andrew Leigh & Chris Ryan, 2005. "Estimating Returns to Education: Three Natural Experiment Techniques Compared," CEPR Discussion Papers 493, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Hansen, Gary D & Imrohoroglu, Ayse, 1992.
"The Role of Unemployment Insurance in an Economy with Liquidity Constraints and Moral Hazard,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 118-142, February.
- Gary D. Hansen & Ayse Imrohoroglu, 1990. "The Role of Unemployment Insurance in an Economy with Liquidity Constraints and Moral Hazard," UCLA Economics Working Papers 583, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hansen, G.D. & Imrohoroglu, A., 1990. "The Role Of Unemployment Insurance In An Economy With Liquidity Constraints And Moral Hazard," Papers 21, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Del Rey, Elena & Racionero, María, 2010.
"Financing schemes for higher education,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 104-113, March.
- Maria Racionero & Elena Del Rey, 2006. "Financing schemes for higher education," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-460, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- DEL REY, Elena & RACIONERO, Maria, 2010. "Financing schemes for higher education," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2181, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hogan, Vincent & Walker, Ian, 2007.
"Education choice under uncertainty: Implications for public policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 894-912, December.
- Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan & Ian Walker, 2006. "Education choice under uncertainty : implications for public policy," Working Papers 200615, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, January.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1976. "Age, Experience, and Wage Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 548-558, September.
- Mark V. Pauly, 1974. "Overinsurance and Public Provision of Insurance: The Roles of Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(1), pages 44-62.
- Neumark, David & Taubman, Paul, 1995.
"Why Do Wage Profiles Slope Upward? Tests of the General Human Capital Model,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(4), pages 736-761, October.
- David Neumark & Paul Taubman, 1994. "Why Do Wage Profiles Slope Upwards? Tests of the General Human Capital Model," NBER Working Papers 4688, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Blundell & Lorraine Dearden & Barbara Sianesi, 2005. "Evaluating the effect of education on earnings: models, methods and results from the National Child Development Survey," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(3), pages 473-512.
- Alessandro Cigno & Annalisa Luporini, 2009.
"Scholarships or Student Loans? Subsidizing Higher Education in the Presence of Moral Hazard,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 11(1), pages 55-87, February.
- Alessandro Cigno & Annalisa Luporini, 2003. "Scholarships or Student Loans? Subsidizing Higher Education in the Presence of Moral Hazard," CESifo Working Paper Series 973, CESifo Group Munich.
- Van Long, Ngo & Shimomura, Koji, 1999. "Education, moral hazard, and endogenous growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 675-698, April.
- Vogel, Jonathan, 2007. "Institutions and moral hazard in open economies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 495-514, April.
- Miller, Paul & Mulvey, Charles & Martin, Nick, 2006. "The return to schooling: Estimates from a sample of young Australian twins," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 571-587, October.
- Bodvarsson, Orn B. & Walker, Rosemary L., 2004. "Do parental cash transfers weaken performance in college?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 483-495, October.
- Darvish-Lecker, Tikva & Kahana, Nava, 1990. "Study-Grant Schemes and Effort: An Economic Model," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 229-239, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMoral hazard; Human capital investment; Financial support; Return to education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:120:y:2014:i:2:p:201-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .