Does tourism cause growth asymmetrically in a panel of G-7 countries? A short note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Hatemi-J, 2003. "A new method to choose optimal lag order in stable and unstable VAR models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 135-137.
- Hashem Pesaran, M. & Yamagata, Takashi, 2008.
"Testing slope homogeneity in large panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 50-93, January.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Yamagata. T., 2005. "Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0513, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2005. "Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels," IEPR Working Papers 05.14, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Takashi Yamagata, 2005. "Testing Slope Homogeneity in Large Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1438, CESifo.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rene頶an Eyden & Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Rangan Gupta, 2014.
"Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in South Africa,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(36), pages 4381-4398, December.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Renee van Eyden & Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Time-Varying Linkages between Tourism Receipts and Economic Growth in South Africa," Working Papers 201363, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Ahdi N. Ajmi & Ghassen El Montasser & Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Rangan Gupta, 2016.
"Research output and economic growth in G7 countries: new evidence from asymmetric panel causality testing,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(24), pages 2301-2308, May.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Ahdi N. Ajmi & Ghassen El Montasser & Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "Research Output and Economic Growth in G7 Countries: New Evidence from Asymmetric Panel Causality Testing," Working Papers 201438, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2002.
"Tourism as a long-run economic growth factor: the Spanish case,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 877-884.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2000. "Tourism As A Long-Run Economic Growth Factor: The Spanish Case," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser, 2020.
"Asymmetric Panel Causality Tests with an Application to the Impact of Fiscal Policy on Economic Performance in Scandinavia,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 73(3), pages 389-404.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser, 2011. "Asymmetric Panel Causality Tests with an Application to the Impact of Fiscal Policy on Economic Performance in Scandinavia," MPRA Paper 55527, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," LIDAM Reprints CORE 412, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pesaran, M.H., 2004.
"‘General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels’,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0435, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," IZA Discussion Papers 1240, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1229, CESifo.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011.
"Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 664-671.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011. "Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 664-671, January.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Olabode Olabisi, 2018. "Revisiting the Tourism-Economic Growth Nexus: The Case of Economic Community of West African States," Izvestiya, Varna University of Economics, issue 1, pages 21-30.
- Umit Bulut & Emrah Kocak & Courtney Suess, 2020. "The effect of freedom on international tourism demand: Empirical evidence from the top eight most visited countries," Tourism Economics, , vol. 26(8), pages 1358-1373, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yilmaz Bayar & Marius Dan Gavriletea, 2018. "Foreign Direct Investment Inflows and Financial Development in Central and Eastern European Union Countries: A Panel Cointegration and Causality," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-13, May.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi‐J & Chi‐Chuan Lee & Chien‐Chiang Lee & Rangan Gupta, 2019.
"Insurance activity and economic performance: Fresh evidence from asymmetric panel causality tests,"
International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 221-240, August.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Chi-Chuan Lee & Chien-Chiang Lee & Rangan Gupta, 2018. "Insurance Activity and Economic Performance: Fresh Evidence from Asymmetric Panel Causality Tests," Working Papers 201828, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Belaïd, Fateh & Zrelli, Maha Harbaoui, 2019. "Renewable and non-renewable electricity consumption, environmental degradation and economic development: Evidence from Mediterranean countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 133(C).
- Edmore Mahembe & Nicholas Mbaya Odhiambo, 2019.
"Foreign aid, poverty and economic growth in developing countries: A dynamic panel data causality analysis,"
Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 1626321-162, January.
- Mahembe, Edmore & Odhiambo, Nicholas M, 2019. "Foreign aid,poverty and economic growth in developing countries: A dynamic panel data causality analysis," Working Papers 25170, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Angeliki N. Menegaki, 2019. "The ARDL Method in the Energy-Growth Nexus Field; Best Implementation Strategies," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(4), pages 1-16, October.
- Jiang, Hongdian & Dong, Xiucheng & Jiang, Qingzhe & Dong, Kangyin, 2020. "What drives China's natural gas consumption? Analysis of national and regional estimates," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
- Khan, Muhammad Tariq Iqbal & Yaseen, Muhammad Rizwan & Ali, Qamar, 2019. "Nexus between financial development, tourism, renewable energy, and greenhouse gas emission in high-income countries: A continent-wise analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 293-310.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Román Ferrer & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Ilham Haouas, 2018. "Is the tourism–economic growth nexus time-varying? Bootstrap rolling-window causality analysis for the top 10 tourist destinations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(24), pages 2677-2697, May.
- Salah Eddine SARI HASSOUN & Abdelkader SAHED & Khayereddine Salim ADDA & Asma Hadjira SEBBANE, 2020. "Not a long ago, the agriculture sector was the main pillar of any economy in the world. It not only provides food production, but it participates to the expansion of the economic growth as well. In th," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(623), S), pages 301-324, Summer.
- Tsangyao Chang & Chien-Chiang Lee & Hsiao-Ping Chu, 2015. "Revisiting the Defense-Growth nexus in European countries," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 341-356, June.
- Huaping Sun & Love Enna & Augustine Monney & Dang Khoa Tran & Ehsan Rasoulinezhad & Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, 2020. "The Long-Run Effects of Trade Openness on Carbon Emissions in Sub-Saharan African Countries," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(20), pages 1-18, October.
- Ceyhun Can OZCAN & Murat ASLAN & Saban NAZLIOGLU, 2017. "Economic freedom, economic growth and international tourism for post-communist (transition) countries: A panel causality analysis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(611), S), pages 75-98, Summer.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Chien-Chiang Lee & Godwin Olasehinde-Williams, 2020. "Insurance-growth nexus in Africa," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 45(2), pages 335-360, April.
- Melina Dritsaki & Chaido Dritsaki, 2020. "Trade Openness and Economic Growth: A Panel Data Analysis of Baltic Countries," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 10(3), pages 313-324, March.
- Haoran Zhao & Sen Guo & Huiru Zhao, 2018. "Impacts of GDP, Fossil Fuel Energy Consumption, Energy Consumption Intensity, and Economic Structure on SO 2 Emissions: A Multi-Variate Panel Data Model Analysis on Selected Chinese Provinces," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Godwin Olasehinde-Williams & Mehmet Balcilar, 2018. "The Long-run Effect of Geopolitical Risks on Insurance Premiums," Working Papers 15-44, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Serap Coban, 2015. "Does the Financial Development Spur Export Performance? Evidence from Turkish Firm-Level Data," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 434-440.
- Betul Gur, 2020. "The Effect of Foreign Trade on Innovation: The Case of Brics-T Countries," EconWorld Working Papers 20003, WERI-World Economic Research Institute, revised May 2020.
- Halunga, Andreea G. & Orme, Chris D. & Yamagata, Takashi, 2017.
"A heteroskedasticity robust Breusch–Pagan test for Contemporaneous correlation in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 198(2), pages 209-230.
- Andreea Halunga & Chris D. Orme & Takashi Yamagata, 2011. "A Heteroskedasticity Robust Breusch-Pagan Test for Contemporaneous Correlation in Dynamic Panel Data Models," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1118, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Adnan KHURSHID & Yin KEDONG & Adrian Cantemir CĂLIN & Zhaosu MENG & Naila NAZIR, 2018. "Remittances Inflows, Gain of Foreign Exchange or Trade Loss? New Evidence from Low, Lower-Middle and Middle-Income Groups," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 20-41, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; Tourism receipts; Asymmetric panel causality test;
All these keywords.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:empiri:v:45:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10663-016-9345-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.