Make or buy on the Russian railway? Coase, Williamson, and Tsar Nicholas II
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ivaldi Marc & Mccullough Gerard, 2008.
"Subadditivity Tests for Network Separation with an Application to U.S. Railroads,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Ivaldi, Marc & McCullough, Gerard, 2004. "Subadditivity Tests for Network Separation with an Application to US Railroads," CEPR Discussion Papers 4392, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Wetzel, Heike & Growitsch, Christian, 2006.
"Economies of Scope in European Railways: An Efficiency Analysis,"
IWH Discussion Papers
5/2006, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Christian Growitsch & Heike Wetzel, 2006. "Economies of Scope in European Railways: An Efficiency Analysis," Working Paper Series in Economics 29, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Guido Friebel & Sergei Guriev & Russell Pittman & Elizaveta Shevyakhova & Anna Tomová, 2006.
"Railroad Restructuring in Russia and Central and Eastern Europe: One Solution for All Problems?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 251-271, August.
- Russell Pittman & Sergei Guriev & Guido Friebel & Anna Tomova & Elizaveta Cheviakhova, 2005. "Railroad Restructuring in Russia and Central and Eastern Europe: One Solution for All Problems?," Industrial Organization 0504021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joskow, Paul L, 1991. "The Role of Transaction Cost Economics in Antitrust and Public Utility Regulatory Policies," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 53-83, Special I.
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-162, April.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-641, June.
- S. Avdasheva., 2004. "Business-groups in Russian industries," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 5.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Crémer, Jacques & De Donder, Philippe, 2006.
"Legal vs Ownership Unbundling in Network Industries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Crémer, Jacques & De Donder, Philippe, 2006. "Legal vs Ownership Unbundling in Network Industries," IDEI Working Papers 405, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Russell Pittman & Oana Diaconu & Emanual Šip & Anna Tomová & Jerzy Wronka, 2007. "Will the Train Ever Leave the Station? The Private Provision of Freight Railway Service in Russia and Central and Eastern Europe," EAG Discussions Papers 200705, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Janusz A. Ordover & Russell W. Pittman & Paul Clyde, 1994.
"Competition policy for natural monopolies in a developing market economy 1,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 2(3), pages 317-343, September.
- Janusz Ordover & Russell Pittman & Paul Clyde, 2001. "Competition Policy for Natural Monopolies in a Developing Market Economy," Industrial Organization 0111004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Benjamin Pakula & Georg Götz, 2011. "Organisational Structures in Network Industries – An Application to the Railway Industry," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201109, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Pittman, Russell, 2011. "Risk-averse restructuring of freight railways in China," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 152-160.
- Pittman, Russell, 2016. "Reforming and Restructuring Ukrzaliznytsia: A Crucial Task for Ukrainian Reformers," MPRA Paper 76028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Ehrmann & Karl-Hans Hartwig & Torsten Marner & Hendrik Schmale, 2009. "Specific Investments and Ownership Structures in Railways – An Experimental Analysis," Working Papers 12, Institute of Transport Economics, University of Muenster.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic utilities; Restructuring; Vertical separation; Transactions cost economics; Railways; Russia; D23; L14; L22; L43; L51; L90; L92; N74;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- N74 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Europe: 1913-
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:40:y:2007:i:3:p:207-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.