Legal vs Ownership Unbundling in Network Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cremer, Helmuth & Crémer, Jacques & De Donder, Philippe, 2006. "Legal vs Ownership Unbundling in Network Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 5767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1986.
"The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 691-719, August.
- Oliver Hart & Sanford Grossman, 1985. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Working papers 372, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver, 1985. "The Cost and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 70, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Hart, Oliver D., 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Scholarly Articles 3450060, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B. Willems & E. Ehlers, 2008. "Cross-Subsidies in the Electricity Sector," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 9(3), pages 201-228, September.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2008.
"The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 704-713, February.
- Pollitt, M., 2007. "The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0737, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Michael Pollitt, 2007. "The arguments for and against ownership unbundling of energy transmission networks," Working Papers EPRG 0714, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Elena Argentesi & Albert Banal-Estanol & Jo Seldeslachts & Meagan Andrews, 2017.
"A Retrospective Evaluation of the GDF/Suez Merger: Effects on Gas Hub Prices,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1664, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Elena Argentesi & Albert Banal-Estañol & Jo Seldeslachts & Meagan Andrews, 2017. "A retrospective evaluation of the GDF/Suez merger: Effects on gas hub prices," Working Papers of Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven 582764, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven.
- Raffaele Fiocco, 2012.
"Competition and regulation with product differentiation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 287-307, December.
- Raffaele Fiocco, 2011. "Competition and regulation in a differentiated good market," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-084, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Isabel Soares & Paula Sarmento, 2012. "Unbundling in the Telecommunications and the Electricity Sectors: How Far should it Go?," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 157-194.
- Höffler, Felix & Kranz, Sebastian, 2011. "Legal unbundling can be a golden mean between vertical integration and ownership separation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 576-588, September.
- Bastian Henze & Charles Noussair & Bert Willems, 2012.
"Regulation of network infrastructure investments: an experimental evaluation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 1-38, August.
- Henze, B. & Noussair, C.N. & Willems, Bert, 2011. "Regulation of Network Infrastructure Investments : An Experimental Evaluation," Discussion Paper 2011-035, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tangerås, Thomas P., 2012.
"Optimal transmission regulation of an integrated energy market,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1644-1655.
- Tangerås, Thomas P., 2010. "Optimal Transmission Regulation in an Integrated Energy Market," Working Paper Series 838, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Ray REES & Sebastian SCHOLZ, 2010. "Electricity Market Design for Germany," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 2010-EN.
- Benjamin Pakula & Georg Götz, 2011. "Organisational Structures in Network Industries – An Application to the Railway Industry," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201109, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Höffler, Felix & Kranz, Sebastian, 2007. "Imperfect Legal Unbundling of Monopolistic Bottlenecks," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 16/2007, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- Felix Höffler & Sebastian Kranz, 2011. "Imperfect legal unbundling of monopolistic bottlenecks," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 273-292, June.
- Heim, Sven & Krieger, Bastian & Liebensteiner, Mario, 2018. "Unbundling, regulation and pricing: Evidence from electricity distribution," ZEW Discussion Papers 18-050, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- repec:ers:journl:v:xv:y:2012:i:sie:p:157-194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibarra-Yunez, Alejandro, 2015. "Energy reform in Mexico: Imperfect unbundling in the electricity sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 19-27.
- Nardi, Paolo, 2012. "Transmission network unbundling and grid investments: Evidence from the UCTE countries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 50-58.
- Russell Pittman, 2007. "Make or buy on the Russian railway? Coase, Williamson, and Tsar Nicholas II," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 207-221, September.
- Nikogosian, Vigen & Veith, Tobias, 2011. "Vertical integration, separation and non-price discrimination: An empirical analysis of German electricity markets for residential customers," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-069, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
More about this item
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2006-09-30 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-NET-2006-09-30 (Network Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-09-30 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ide:wpaper:5853. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idtlsfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.