Estimating the Discount Rate Policy Reaction Function of the Monetary Authority
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon H. Sellon, 1994. "Measuring monetary policy," Research Working Paper 94-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1996. "The information content of discount rate announcements: what's behind the announcement effect?," Working Papers 1994-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Cook, Timothy & Hahn, Thomas, 1988. "The Information Content of Discount Rate Announcements and Their Effect on Market Interest Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 167-180, May.
- Pesaran, M Hashem & Timmermann, Allan, 1992.
"A Simple Nonparametric Test of Predictive Performance,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 10(4), pages 561-565, October.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Timmermann, A., 1990. "A Simple, Non-Parametric Test Of Predictive Performance," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9021, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Timmermann, A., 1990. "A Simple Non-Parametric Test Of Predictive Performance," Papers 29, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hakes, David R & Gamber, Edward N, 1992. "Does the Federal Reserve Respond to Errant Money Growth? Evidence from Three Monetary Regimes," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(1), pages 127-134, February.
- Feinman, Joshua N, 1993. "Estimating the Open Market Desk's Daily Reaction Function," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 231-247, May.
- Thornton, Daniel L, 1994.
"Why Do T-Bill Rates React to Discount Rate Changes?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 839-850, November.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1992. "Why do T-bill rates react to discount rate changes?," Working Papers 1992-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gauger, Jean, 1989. "The generated regressor correction: Impacts upon inferences in hypothesis testing," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 383-395.
- Karamouzis, Nicholas & Lombra, Raymond, 1989.
"Federal reserve policymaking: an overview and analysis of the policy process,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 7-62, January.
- Karamouzis, N. & Lombra, R., 1988. "Federal Reserve Policy Making: An Overview And Analysis Of The Policy Process," Papers 0-88-8, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Raymond E. Lombra & Raymond G. Torto, 1977. "Discount Rate Changes and Announcement Effects," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(1), pages 171-176.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1985. "The discount rate, interest rates and foreign exchange rates: an analysis with daily data," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Feb, pages 22-30.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Robert G. & Rebelo, Sergio T., 1993. "Low frequency filtering and real business cycles," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 207-231.
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A. & Trognon, A., 1985. "A General Approach to Serial Correlation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 315-340, December.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1982. "The discount rate and market interest rates: what's the connection?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 3-14.
- Lung-Fei Lee, 1982. "Some Approaches to the Correction of Selectivity Bias," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 355-372.
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Pearce, Douglas K., 1992. "Discount rate policy under alternative operating procedures: An empirical investigation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 55-72.
- Hamilton, James D., 1988. "Rational-expectations econometric analysis of changes in regime : An investigation of the term structure of interest rates," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 385-423.
- Pesaran, M Hashem & Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J, 1999. "Analysis of Exchange-Rate Target Zones Using a Limited-Dependent Rational-Expectations Model with Jumps," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(1), pages 50-66, January.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D., 1995.
"Federal Reserve interest rate targeting, rational expectations, and the term structure,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 245-274, April.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1995. "Federal Reserve interest rate targeting, rational expectations, and the term structure," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 95-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1984. "Econometric Issues in the Analysis of Regressions with Generated Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 221-247, February.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Timmermann, Allan G., 1994.
"A generalization of the non-parametric Henriksson-Merton test of market timing,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 1-7.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Timmermann, A.G., 1992. "A Generalisation of the Non-Parametric Henriksson-Merton Test of Market Timing," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9218, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Smirlock, Michael J & Yawitz, Jess B, 1985. " Asset Returns, Discount Rate Changes, and Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1141-1158, September.
- Michael J. Dueker, 1992. "The response of market interest rates to discount rate changes," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 78-91.
- Barth, James & Sickles, Robin & Wiest, Philip, 1982. "Assessing the impact of varying economic conditions on federal reserve behavior," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 47-70.
- Harvey, A C & Jaeger, A, 1993. "Detrending, Stylized Facts and the Business Cycle," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 231-247, July-Sept.
- Abrams, Richard K & Froyen, Richard & Waud, Roger N, 1980. "Monetary Policy Reaction Functions, Consistent Expectations, and the Burns Era," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(1), pages 30-42, February.
- Waud, Roger N, 1970. "Public Interpretation of Federal Reserve Discount Rate Changes: Evidence on the 'Announcement Effect'," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 231-250, March.
- Forbes, Shawn M. & Mayne, Lucille S., 1989. "A friction model of the prime," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 127-135, March.
- Stephen K. McNees, 1992. "A forward-looking monetary policy reaction function: continuity and change," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Nov, pages 3-13.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:58:y:2018:i:c:p:308-317 is not listed on IDEAS
- Woon Gyu Choi, 2007.
"Measuring Interest Rates as Determined by Thrift and Productivity,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 8(1), pages 167-195, May.
- Choi, Woon Gyu & Wen, Yi, 2000. "Measuring Interest Rates as Determined by Thrift and Productivity," Working Papers 00-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Woon Gyu Choi & Yi Wen, 2005. "Measuring interest rates as determined by thrift and productivity," Working Papers 2005-037, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Podpiera, Jirí, 2008. "The role of ad hoc factors in policy rate settings," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1003-1010, September.
- Jiri Podpiera, 2006. "The Role of Policy Rule Misspecification in Monetary Policy Inertia Debate," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp315, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Yongseung Jung & Woon Gyu Choi, 2003. "Optimal Monetary Policy in a Small Open Economy with Habit Formation and Nominal Rigidities," IMF Working Papers 03/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Woon Gyu Choi & Yi Wen, 2010. "Dissecting Taylor rules in a structural VAR," Working Papers 2010-005, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Muhammad Yasir, 2015. "Investigating the Real Shocks in the Discount Rate of Pakistan," South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS), Iqra University, Iqra University, vol. 9(1), pages 10-14, Spring.
- Jiri Podpiera, 2008. "Policy Rate Decisions and Unbiased Parameter Estimation in Conventionally Estimated Monetary Policy Rules," Working Papers 2008/2, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Jesus Otero & Manuel Ramirez, 2009.
"Modelling the monetary policy reaction function of the Colombian Central Bank,"
Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 3-11.
- Jesús Otero & Manuel Ramírez Gómez, 2008. "Modeling the monetary policy reaction function of the colombian central bank," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 004650, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Kai Carstensen, 2006. "Estimating the ECB Policy Reaction Function," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7, pages 1-34, February.
- Fred IKLAGA, "undated". "Are Gap Models Policy Consistent? A Quarterly Prediction Model for Monetary Policy In Nigeria," EcoMod2009 21500042, EcoMod.
- Bayar Omer, 2015. "An ordered probit analysis of monetary policy inertia," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(2), pages 705-726, July.
- Horváth, Roman, 2009.
"The time-varying policy neutral rate in real-time: A predictor for future inflation?,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 71-81, January.
- Roman Horvath, 2007. "The Time-Varying Policy Neutral Rate in Real Time: A Predictor for Future Inflation?," Working Papers 2007/4, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Roman Horváth, 2007. "Estimating Time-Varying Policy Neutral Rate in Real Time," Working Papers IES 2007/01, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jan 2007.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:14:y:1999:i:4:p:379-401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.