Which factors determine academic performance of Economics freshers? Some Spanish evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1995.
"Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 227-246, August.
- Eric A. Hanushek, "undated". "Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries," Wallis Working Papers WP3, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1999. "School Inputs and Educational Outcomes in South Africa," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 1047-1084.
- Glewwe, Paul & Kremer, Michael, 2006.
"Schools, Teachers, and Education Outcomes in Developing Countries,"
Handbook of the Economics of Education,
- Paul Glewwe & Michael Kremer, 2005. "Schools, Teachers, and Education Outcomes in Developing Countries," CID Working Papers 122, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Lorraine Dearden & Javier Ferri & Costas Meghir, 2002.
"The Effect Of School Quality On Educational Attainment And Wages,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Lorraine Dearden & Javier Ferri & Costas Meghir, 1998. "The effect of school quality on educational attainment and wages," IFS Working Papers W98/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Lorraine Dearden & Javier Ferri & Costas Meghir, 2000. "The effect of school quality on educational attainment and wages," IFS Working Papers W00/22, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Morales, Eduardo, 2007.
"Which Factors Determine Academic Performance of Undergraduate Students in Economics? Some Spanish Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6237, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juan José Dolado & E. Morales, 2007. "Which Factors Determine Academic Performance of Undergraduate Students in Economics?: Some Spanish Evidence," Working Papers 2007-23, FEDEA.
- Jesse Levin, 2001. "For whom the reductions count: A quantile regression analysis of class size and peer effects on scholastic achievement," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 221-246.
- Johan N. M. Lagerlöf & Andrew J. Seltzer, 2009.
"The Effects of Remedial Mathematics on the Learning of Economics: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
The Journal of Economic Education,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 115-137, April.
- Lagerlöf, Johan N. M. & Seltzer, Andrew J, 2008. "The Effects of Remedial Mathematics on the Learning of Economics: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6895, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smith, Jeremy & Naylor, Robin, 2001. " Determinants of Degree Performance in UK Universities: A Statistical Analysis of the 1993 Student Cohort," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(1), pages 29-60, February.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 3-33, February.
- Stéphane Bonhomme & Ulrich Sauder, 2009. "Accounting for Unobservables in Comparing Selective and Comprehensive Schooling," Working Papers wp2009_0906, CEMFI.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dino Alves & Ana Balcao Reis & Carmo Seabra & Luis Catela-Nunes, 2015. "Determinants of Academic Success in Economics and Management," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 10,in: Marta Rahona López & Jennifer Graves (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 10, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 17, pages 335-356 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Cristina Lopez-Mayan, 2013. "Performance in Post-compulsory Education: Evidence from Vocational and Academic Tracks," Working Papers wpdea1302, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
More about this item
KeywordsAcademic performance; pre-university determinants; selection biases; quantile regressions.;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I29 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iec:inveco:v:33:y:2009:i:2:p:179-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Isabel Sánchez-Seco). General contact details of provider: http://www.fundacionsepi.es/ .