The Effects of Remedial Mathematics on the Learning of Economics: Evidence from a Natural Experiment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lagerlöf, Johan N. M. & Seltzer, Andrew J, 2008. "The Effects of Remedial Mathematics on the Learning of Economics: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 6895, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- J. S. Butler & T. Aldrich Finegan & John J. Siegfried, 1998.
"Does more calculus improve student learning in intermediate micro- and macroeconomic theory?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 185-202.
- Butler, J S & Finegan, T Aldrich & Siegfried, John J, 1994. "Does More Calculus Improve Student Learning in Intermediate Micro and Macro Economic Theory?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 206-210, May.
- Eric P. Bettinger & Bridget Terry Long, 2009.
"Addressing the Needs of Underprepared Students in Higher Education: Does College Remediation Work?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 44(3).
- Eric P. Bettinger & Bridget Terry Long, 2005. "Addressing the Needs of Under-Prepared Students in Higher Education: Does College Remediation Work?," NBER Working Papers 11325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- E. Roy Weintraub & Evelyn L. Forget, 2007. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 39(5), pages 1-6, Supplemen.
- Eide, Eric & Showalter, Mark H., 1998. "The effect of school quality on student performance: A quantile regression approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 345-350, March.
- Dolton, Peter J & Makepeace, G H, 1990. "The Earnings of Economics Graduates," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 237-250, March.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, March.
- Massimiliano BRATTI & Luca MANCINI, 2003.
"Differences in Early Occupational Earnings of UK Male Graduates by Degree Subject: Evidence from the 1980-1993 USR,"
189, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Mancini, Luca, 2003. "Differences in Early Occupational Earnings of UK Male Graduates by Degree Subject: Evidence from the 1980-1993 USR," IZA Discussion Papers 890, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Charles L. Ballard & Marianne F. Johnson, 2004. "Basic Math Skills and Performance in an Introductory Economics Class," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Jane S. Lopus, 1997. "Effects of the High School Economics Curriculum on Learning in the College Principles Class," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 143-153, June.
- Harry W. Richardson & Peter Gordon & James E. Moore, 2007. "Introduction," Chapters,in: The Economic Costs and Consequences of Terrorism, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Morales, Eduardo, 2007.
"Which Factors Determine Academic Performance of Undergraduate Students in Economics? Some Spanish Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6237, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juan José Dolado & E. Morales, 2007. "Which Factors Determine Academic Performance of Undergraduate Students in Economics?: Some Spanish Evidence," Working Papers 2007-23, FEDEA.
- Durden, Garey C & Ellis, Larry V, 1995. "The Effects of Attendance on Student Learning in Principles of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 343-346, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos J. Asarta & Roger B. Butters & Andrew Perumal, 2013. "Success in Economics Major: Is it Path Dependent?," Working Papers 13-11, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Ann L. Owen, 2011. "Student Characteristics, Behavior, and Performance in Economics Classes," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Teaching and Learning Economics, chapter 32 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Maria Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2014.
"The effectiveness of remedial courses in Italy: a fuzzy regression discontinuity design,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 365-386, April.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2011. "The Effectiveness Of Remedial Courses In Italy: A Fuzzy Regression Discontinuity Design," Working Papers 201114, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Juan J. Dolado & Eduardo Morales, 2009. "Which factors determine academic performance of Economics freshers? Some Spanish evidence," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 33(2), pages 179-210, May.
- Dino Alves & Ana Balcao Reis & Carmo Seabra & Luis Catela-Nunes, 2015. "Determinants of Academic Success in Economics and Management," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 10,in: Marta Rahona López & Jennifer Graves (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 10, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 17, pages 335-356 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Tasnádi, Attila & Kánnai, Zoltán & Pintér, Miklós, 2010.
"Matematikaoktatás a bolognai típusú gazdasági képzésekben
[Maths instruction in Bologna-type economics tuition]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 261-277.
More about this item
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jeduce:v:40:y:2009:i:2:p:115-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/VECE20 .