Exploring the Organizational Culture’s Moderating Role of Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) on Firm Performance: Focused on Corporate Contributions in Korea
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ming Jia & Zhe Zhang, 2013. "Critical Mass of Women on BODs, Multiple Identities, and Corporate Philanthropic Disaster Response: Evidence from Privately Owned Chinese Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 303-317, December.
- David E. Guest & Jonathan Michie & Neil Conway & Maura Sheehan, 2003. "Human Resource Management and Corporate Performance in the UK," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 41(2), pages 291-314, June.
- Robert E. Quinn & Kim Cameron, 1983. "Organizational Life Cycles and Shifting Criteria of Effectiveness: Some Preliminary Evidence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Julia I. Lane & John C. Haltiwanger & James Spletzer, 1999. "Productivity Differences across Employers: The Roles of Employer Size, Age, and Human Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 94-98, May.
- Kristopher J. Preacher & Patrick J. Curran & Daniel J. Bauer, 2006. "Computational Tools for Probing Interactions in Multiple Linear Regression, Multilevel Modeling, and Latent Curve Analysis," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 31(4), pages 437-448, December.
- Pascual Berrone & Jordi Surroca & Josep TribÃ³, 2007.
"Corporate Ethical Identity as a Determinant of Firm Performance: A Test of the Mediating Role of Stakeholder Satisfaction,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(1), pages 35-53, November.
- Tribo Gine, José Antonio & Surroca Aguilar, Jorge & Berrone, Pascual Alberto, 2005. "Corporate ethical identity as determinant of firm performance : a test of the mediating role of stakeholder satisfaction," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb053108, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Maignan, Isabelle & Ferrell, O. C., 2001. "Antecedents and benefits of corporate citizenship: an investigation of French businesses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 37-51, January.
- Duygu Turker, 2009. "Measuring Corporate Social Responsibility: A Scale Development Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(4), pages 411-427, April.
- Brown, William O. & Helland, Eric & Smith, Janet Kiholm, 2006. "Corporate philanthropic practices," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 855-877, December.
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategic Implications," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Robert E. Quinn & John Rohrbaugh, 1983. "A Spatial Model of Effectiveness Criteria: Towards a Competing Values Approach to Organizational Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 363-377, March.
- R. A. Schwartz, 1968. "Corporate Philanthropic Contributions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 479-497, June.
- Dev R. Mishra, 2017. "Post-innovation CSR Performance and Firm Value," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 140(2), pages 285-306, January.
- Bindu Arya & Gaiyan Zhang, 2009. "Institutional Reforms and Investor Reactions to CSR Announcements: Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(7), pages 1089-1112, November.
- Dong‐Sung Cho & Jootae Kim, 2007. "Outside Directors, Ownership Structure and Firm Profitability in Korea," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 239-250, March.
- Casey Ichniowski, 1990. "Human Resource Management Systems and the Performance of U.S. Manufacturing Businesses," NBER Working Papers 3449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beata Zatwarnicka-Madura & Dariusz Siemieniako & Ewa Glińska & Yauheniya Sazonenka, 2019. "Strategic and Operational Levels of CSR Marketing Communication for Sustainable Orientation of a Company: A Case Study from Bangladesh," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-19, January.
- Yung Chang Wu & Yenchun Jim Wu & Shiann Ming Wu, 2018. "Development and Challenges of Social Enterprises in Taiwan—From the Perspective of Community Development," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-17, May.
- Giovanna Centorrino, 2020. "Covid-19 and the Search for the Common Good: The Case of Parmon Spa (Italy)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-23, August.
- Jee Young Lee & Yumi Seo, 2019. "Are There Differences in the Effects of P-O and P-T Cultural Fits on Work Attitudes and Task Performance? The Moderating Effect of Supportive Leadership," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-19, September.
- Minseok Kim & Boyoung Kim & Sungho Oh, 2018. "Relational Benefit on Satisfaction and Durability in Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-18, April.
- Mingzhe Qiao & Shiwei Xu & Guangdong Wu, 2018. "Corporate Social Responsibility and the Long-Term Performance of Mergers and Acquisitions: Do Regions and Related-Party Transactions Matter?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-15, July.
- Woo Jae Lee & Seung Uk Choi, 2018. "Effects of Corporate Life Cycle on Corporate Social Responsibility: Evidence from Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-17, October.
- Muddassar Sarfraz & Wang Qun & Li Hui & Muhammad Ibrahim Abdullah, 2018. "Environmental Risk Management Strategies and the Moderating Role of Corporate Social Responsibility in Project Financing Decisions," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Eglė Stonkutė & Jolita Vveinhardt & Włodzimierz Sroka, 2018. "Training the CSR Sensitive Mind-Set: The Integration of CSR into the Training of Business Administration Professionals," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-14, March.
- Encarna Guillamon-Saorin & Magdalena Kapelko & Spiro E. Stefanou, 2018. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Operational Inefficiency: A Dynamic Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-26, July.
- Nadežda Jankelová & Zuzana Skorková & Zuzana Joniaková & Ildikó Némethová, 2021. "A Diverse Organizational Culture and Its Impact on Innovative Work Behavior of Municipal Employees," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(6), pages 1-16, March.
- Juan Herrera & Carlos de las Heras-Rosas, 2020. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resource Management: Towards Sustainable Business Organizations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-24, January.
- Zhi Chen & Shenglan Huang & Chong Liu & Min Min & Liying Zhou, 2018. "Fit between Organizational Culture and Innovation Strategy: Implications for Innovation Performance," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-18, September.
- Byung-Jik Kim & Mohammad Nurunnabi & Tae-Hyun Kim & Taejoong Kim, 2018. "Doing Good Is Not Enough, You Should Have Been Authentic: Organizational Identification, Authentic Leadership and CSR," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-16, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luis Enrique Valdez-Juárez & Dolores Gallardo-Vázquez & Elva Alicia Ramos-Escobar, 2019. "Organizational Learning and Corporate Social Responsibility Drivers of Performance in SMEs in Northwestern Mexico," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-23, October.
- Zhe Zhang & Xin Wang & Ming Jia, 2021. "Echoes of CEO Entrepreneurial Orientation: How and When CEO Entrepreneurial Orientation Influences Dual CSR Activities," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 169(4), pages 609-629, April.
- Rong-Tsu Wang, 2013. "Modeling Corporate Social Performance and Job Pursuit Intention: Mediating Mechanisms of Corporate Reputation and Job Advancement Prospects," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 569-582, October.
- Frederik Plewnia & Edeltraud Guenther, 2017. "The benefits of doing good: a meta-analysis of corporate philanthropy business outcomes and its implications for management control," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 347-376, October.
- Abdullahi Hassan Gorondutse, 2013. "An Examination of Business Social Responsibility (BSR) On the Local Environment: A Proposed Framework on the Relationship between BSR and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Performance," Information Management and Business Review, AMH International, vol. 5(2), pages 66-72.
- Yuan-Hui Tsai & Sheng-Wuu Joe & Chieh-Peng Lin & Rong-Tsu Wang, 2014. "Modeling Job Pursuit Intention: Moderating Mechanisms of Socio-Environmental Consciousness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(2), pages 287-298, December.
- Hao Liang & Luc Renneboog, 2017.
"Corporate donations and shareholder value,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 278-316.
- Liang, H. & Renneboog, Luc, 2017. "Corporate Donations and Shareholder Value," Other publications TiSEM d118849c-1502-442b-a66e-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Liang, H. & Renneboog, Luc, 2017. "Corporate Donations and Shareholder Value," Discussion Paper 2017-013, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Saeidi, Sayedeh Parastoo & Sofian, Saudah & Saeidi, Parvaneh & Saeidi, Sayyedeh Parisa & Saaeidi, Seyyed Alireza, 2015. "How does corporate social responsibility contribute to firm financial performance? The mediating role of competitive advantage, reputation, and customer satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 341-350.
- Aneta Oniszczuk-Jastrząbek & Ernest Czermański & Giuseppe T. Cirella, 2020. "Sustainable Supply Chain of Enterprises: Value Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Hoje Jo & Maretno Harjoto, 2011. "Corporate Governance and Firm Value: The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 103(3), pages 351-383, October.
- Eleanor O’Higgins, 2010. "Corporations, Civil Society, and Stakeholders: An Organizational Conceptualization," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(2), pages 157-176, June.
- Yongqiang Gao & Haibin Yang & Taïeb Hafsi, 2019. "Corporate giving and corporate financial performance: the S-curve relationship," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 687-713, September.
- Faisal Mahmood & Faisal Qadeer & Usman Sattar & Antonio Ariza-Montes & Maria Saleem & Jaffar Aman, 2020. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Firms’ Financial Performance: A New Insight," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-19, May.
- Fadi Alshannag & Mohamad Yazis Ali Basah & Khairil Faizal Khairi, 2017. "The Relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Financial Performance A Survey of Literature," International Journal of Business and Administrative Studies, Professor Dr. Bahaudin G. Mujtaba, vol. 3(1), pages 8-14.
- Sadia Cheema & Bilal Afsar & Basheer M. Al‐Ghazali & Ahsen Maqsoom, 2020. "Retracted: How employee's perceived corporate social responsibility affects employee's pro‐environmental behaviour? The influence of organizational identification, corporate entrepreneurship, and envi," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(2), pages 616-629, March.
- Mónica Santana & Rafael Morales-Sánchez & Susana Pasamar, 2020. "Mapping the Link between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Human Resource Management (HRM): How Is This Relationship Measured?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-28, February.
- Ralph Hamann & Paresha Sinha & Farai Kapfudzaruwa & Christoph Schild, 2009. "Business and Human Rights in South Africa: An Analysis of Antecedents of Human Rights Due Diligence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 453-473, August.
- Gregory, A., 1996. "The road to integration. Reflections on the development of organizational evaluation theory and practice," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 295-307, June.
- Aegean Leung & Maw Der Foo & Sankalp Chaturvedi, 2013. "Imprinting Effects of Founding Core Teams on HR Values in New Ventures," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 37(1), pages 87-106, January.
- Dolores Gallardo-Vázquez & Luis Enrique Valdez-Juárez & Ángela María Castuera-Díaz, 2019. "Corporate Social Responsibility as an Antecedent of Innovation, Reputation, Performance, and Competitive Success: A Multiple Mediation Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-28, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCSR; firm performance; organizational culture; Korea; path analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1883-:d:115599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.