Evolutionary Patterns of Renewable Energy Technology Development in East Asia (1990–2010)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juan Alcácer & Michelle Gittelman, 2006. "Patent Citations as a Measure of Knowledge Flows: The Influence of Examiner Citations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 774-779, November.
- Lee, Keun & Lim, Chaisung, 2001. "Technological regimes, catching-up and leapfrogging: findings from the Korean industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 459-483, March.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Pianta, Mario, 1992. "Specialization and size of technological activities in industrial countries: The analysis of patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 79-93, February.
- Qiu, Yueming & Ortolano, Leonard & David Wang, Yi, 2013. "Factors influencing the technology upgrading and catch-up of Chinese wind turbine manufacturers: Technology acquisition mechanisms and government policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 305-316.
- Kyoo-Ho Park & Keun Lee, 2006. "Linking the technological regime to the technological catch-up: analyzing Korea and Taiwan using the US patent data," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 715-753, August.
- Horbach, Jens & Rammer, Christian & Rennings, Klaus, 2012.
"Determinants of eco-innovations by type of environmental impact — The role of regulatory push/pull, technology push and market pull,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 112-122.
- Horbach, Jens & Rammer, Christian & Rennings, Klaus, 2011. "Determinants of eco-innovations by type of environmental impact. The role of regulatory push/pull, technology push and market pull," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-027, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Noailly, Joëlle & Smeets, Roger, 2015.
"Directing technical change from fossil-fuel to renewable energy innovation: An application using firm-level patent data,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 15-37.
- Joelle Noailly & Roger Smeets, 2014. "Directing Technical Change from Fossil-Fuel to Renewable Energy Innovation: An Application using Firm Level Patent Data," CIES Research Paper series 24-2014, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Hall, B. & Jaffe, A. & Trajtenberg, M., 2001.
"The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools,"
2001-29, Tel Aviv.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citation Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," NBER Working Papers 8498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H & Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel, 2001. "The NBER Patent Citations Data File: Lessons, Insights and Methodological Tools," CEPR Discussion Papers 3094, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Lanzi, Elisa & Verdolini, Elena & Haščič, Ivan, 2011.
"Efficiency-improving fossil fuel technologies for electricity generation: Data selection and trends,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 7000-7014.
- Elisa Lanzi & Elena Verdolini & Ivan Hašcic, 2011. "Efficiency Improving Fossil Fuel Technologies for Electricity Generation: Data Selection and Trends," Working Papers 2011.10, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Deyle, Hanno-G. & Grupp, Hariolf, 2005. "Commuters and the regional assignment of innovative activities: A methodological patent study of German districts," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 221-234, March.
- Park, Eunil & Ohm, Jay Y., 2014. "Factors influencing the public intention to use renewable energy technologies in South Korea: Effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 198-211.
- Yeongjun Yeo & Dongnyok Shim & Jeong-Dong Lee & Jörn Altmann, 2015.
"Driving Forces of CO 2 Emissions in Emerging Countries: LMDI Decomposition Analysis on China and India’s Residential Sector,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-22, December.
- Yeongjun Yeo & Dongnyok Shim & Jeong-Dong Lee & Jorn Altmann, 2015. "Driving Forces of CO2 Emissions in Emerging Countries: LMDI Decomposition Analysis on China and India’s Residential Sector," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2015128, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Dec 2015.
- Dou, Henri & Bai, Ying, 2007. "A rapid analysis of Avian Influenza patents in the Esp@cenetÂ® database - R&D strategies and country comparisons," World Patent Information, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 26-32, March.
- Mayo, John W & Flynn, Joseph E, 1988. "The Effects of Regulation on Research and Development: Theory and Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(3), pages 321-336, July.
- Calderini, Mario & Garrone, Paola, 2001. "Liberalisation, industry turmoil and the balance of R&D activities," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 199-230, June.
- Godoe, Helge & Nygaard, Stian, 2006. "System failure, innovation policy and patents: Fuel cells and related hydrogen technology in Norway 1990-2002," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(13), pages 1697-1708, September.
- Coombs, R. & Narandren, P. & Richards, A., 1996. "A literature-based innovation output indicator," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 403-413, May.
- Malerba, Franco & Orsenigo, Luigi, 1996. "Schumpeterian patterns of innovation are technology-specific," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 451-478, May.
- Giovanni Dosi & Christopher Freeman & Richard Nelson & Gerarld Silverberg & Luc Soete (ed.), 1988. "Technical Change and Economic Theory," LEM Book Series, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy, number dosietal-1988, August.
- Jan Fagerberg & Manuel Godinho, 2003. "Innovation and catching-up," Working Papers 24, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Acs, Zoltan J. & Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila, 2002. "Patents and innovation counts as measures of regional production of new knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1069-1085, September.
- Hyundo Choi & Sangook Park & Jeong-dong Lee, 2011. "Government-driven knowledge networks as precursors to emerging sectors: a case of the hydrogen energy sector in Korea," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 751-787, June.
- Hirschey, Mark & Richardson, Vernon J., 2001. "Valuation effects of patent quality: A comparison for Japanese and U.S. firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 65-82, January.
- Lee, Kyungpyo & Lee, Sungjoo, 2013. "Patterns of technological innovation and evolution in the energy sector: A patent-based approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 415-432.
- Chen, Tser-Yieth & Yu, Oliver S. & Hsu, George Jyh-yih & Hsu, Fang-Ming & Sung, Wei-Nown, 2009. "Renewable energy technology portfolio planning with scenario analysis: A case study for Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2900-2906, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:862-:d:99174 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:425-434 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsrenewable energy; patent citation analysis; network analysis; technological catching-up;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:8:p:721-:d:74906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: http://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.