Are Local Food Chains More Sustainable than Global Food Chains? Considerations for Assessment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jana Schwarz & Monica Schuster & Bernd Annaert & Miet Maertens & Erik Mathijs, 2016.
"Sustainability of Global and Local Food Value Chains: An Empirical Comparison of Peruvian and Belgian Asparagus,"
Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-1, April.
- Schwarz, Jana & Schuster, Monica & Annaert, Bernd & Maertens, Miet & Mathijs, Erik, 2016. "Sustainability of global and local food value chains. An empirical comparison of Peruvian and Belgian asparagus," Working Papers 232594, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Jean-Marc Touzard & Yuna Chiffoleau & Camille Maffezzoli, 2016. "What Is Local or Global about Wine? An Attempt to Objectivize a Social Construction," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-1, April.
- Kevin Morgan, 2010. "Local and Green, Global and Fair: The Ethical Foodscape and the Politics of Care," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 42(8), pages 1852-1867, August.
- Francesca Galli & Fabio Bartolini & Gianluca Brunori & Luca Colombo & Oriana Gava & Stefano Grando & Andrea Marescotti, 2015. "Sustainability assessment of food supply chains: an application to local and global bread in Italy," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Martinez, Stephen W. & Hand, Michael S. & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan L. & Ralston, Katherine L. & Smith, Travis A. & Vogel, Stephen J. & Clark, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah A. & Newman, , 2010.
"Local Food Systems: Concepts, Impacts, and Issues,"
Economic Research Report
96635, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Martinez, Steve & Hand, Michael & Da Pra, Michelle & Pollack, Susan & Ralston, Katherine & Smith, Travis & Vogel, Stephen & Clarke, Shellye & Lohr, Luanne & Low, Sarah & Newman, Constance, 2010. "Local food systems: concepts, impacts, and issues," MPRA Paper 24313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sala, Serenella & Ciuffo, Biagio & Nijkamp, Peter, 2015. "A systemic framework for sustainability assessment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 314-325.
- Hugh Campbell, 2009. "Breaking new ground in food regime theory: corporate environmentalism, ecological feedbacks and the ‘food from somewhere’ regime?," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 26(4), pages 309-319, December.
- Belletti, Giovanni & Marescotti, Andrea & Touzard, Jean-Marc, 2017. "Geographical Indications, Public Goods, and Sustainable Development: The Roles of Actors’ Strategies and Public Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 45-57.
- Julie A. Caswell & Mary E. Bredahl & Neal H. Hooker, 1998. "How Quality Management Metasystems Are Affecting the Food Industry," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 20(2), pages 547-557.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:417:d:69110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesca Galli & Fabio Bartolini & Gianluca Brunori, 2016. "Handling Diversity of Visions and Priorities in Food Chain Sustainability Assessment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-1, March.
- Henson, Spencer & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Private agri-food standards: Implications for food policy and the agri-food system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 241-253, June.
- Fulponi, Linda, 2006. "Private voluntary standards in the food system: The perspective of major food retailers in OECD countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Yuna Chiffoleau & Jean-Marc Touzard, 2014. "Understanding local agri-food systems through advice network analysis," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 31(1), pages 19-32, March.
- Lorenzo Sacconi, 2006. "A Social Contract Account for CSR as an Extended Model of Corporate Governance (I): Rational Bargaining and Justification," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 259-281, October.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:344:d:67774 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:305:d:66573 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordslocal; global; food supply chain; sustainability; assessment; reflexive governance; post-normal science;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:449-:d:69582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.