Competition and Credibility of Private Third-party Certification in International Food Supply
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henson, Spencer & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Private agri-food standards: Implications for food policy and the agri-food system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 241-253, June.
- Spencer Henson & James Northen, 1998. "Economic determinants of food safety controls in supply of retailer own-branded products in United Kingdom," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 113-126.
- Fulponi, Linda, 2006. "Private voluntary standards in the food system: The perspective of major food retailers in OECD countries," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-13, February.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000.
"A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-9, April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 2000. "A Game Theoretic Approach To Organic Foods: An Analysis Of Asymmetric Information And Policy," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 29(1), pages 1-9, April.
- McCluskey, Jill J., 1999. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Organic Foods: An Analysis of Asymmetric Information and Policy," 2000 Conference (44th), January 23-25, 2000, Sydney, Australia 123706, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Hatanaka, Maki & Bain, Carmen & Busch, Lawrence, 2005. "Third-party certification in the global agrifood system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 354-369, June.
- Alan Barkema & Mark Drabenstott, 1995. "The many paths of vertical coordination: Structural implications for the us food system," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 483-492.
- Alessandro Lizzeri, 1999. "Information Revelation and Certification Intermediaries," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(2), pages 214-231, Summer.
- Miguel Carriquiry & Bruce A. Babcock & Roxana Carbone, 2003. "Optimal Quality Assurance Systems for Agricultural Outputs," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 03-wp328, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Hierarchies and Bureaucracies: On the Role of Collusion in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 181-214, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boys, Kathryn A. & Caswell, Julie A. & Hoffmann, Sandra A. & Colarusso, Samantha, 2015. "The Business of Safe Food: An Assessment of the Global Food Safety Certification Industry," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205870, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Nathalie Meißner & Etti Winter, 2019. "Design principles for protected area certificates: a case study on strategic investor groups," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 303-329, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anders, Sven M. & Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Rouviere, Elodie, 2007. "Objectiveness in the Market for Third-Party Certification: Does market structure matter?," 105th Seminar, March 8-10, 2007, Bologna, Italy 7894, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ivanova, Daniela, 2018. "Сертификацията – Инструмент За „Зелени“ Комуникации В Глобалната Търговия [Certification - a tool for “green” communications in global trade]," MPRA Paper 96038, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chloé Tankam & Dominique Vollet & Olivier Aznar, 2019. "Between information asymmetry and shared uncertainty, an analysis of organic certification systems for the Kenyan domestic market [Entre asymétrie d'information et incertitude partagée analyse des ," Post-Print hal-02534461, HAL.
- Elena Fagotto, 2014. "Private roles in food safety provision: the law and economics of private food safety," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 83-109, February.
- Alexander E. Saak, 2017. "The Value of Delegated Quality Control," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(2), pages 309-335, June.
- Belton, Ben & Haque, Mohammad Mahfujul & Little, David C. & Sinh, Le Xuan, 2011. "Certifying catfish in Vietnam and Bangladesh: Who will make the grade and will it matter?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 289-299, April.
- Hugh Campbell & Anne Murcott & Angela MacKenzie, 2011. "Kosher in New York City, halal in Aquitaine: challenging the relationship between neoliberalism and food auditing," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 28(1), pages 67-79, February.
- Eric Giraud-Héraud & Cristina Grazia & Abdelhakim Hammoudi, 2012. "Explaining the Emergence of Private Standards in Food Supply Chains," Working Papers hal-00749345, HAL.
- Bailey, Alison P. & Garforth, Chris, 2014. "An industry viewpoint on the role of farm assurance in delivering food safety to the consumer: The case of the dairy sector of England and Wales," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 14-24.
- Neda Trifkovi?, 2018. "Certification and business risk," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2018-80, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Valeria Sodano, 2006. "Food Safety and Social Capital: A Double Side Connection," Department of Economics University of Siena 488, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Jan Mei Soon & Richard N. Baines, 2013. "Public and Private Food Safety Standards: Facilitating or Frustrating Fresh Produce Growers?," Laws, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Neda Trifkovic, 2018. "Certification and business risk," WIDER Working Paper Series 80, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Andrea Marescotti & Alessandro Brazzini, 2014. "L’utilizzo degli standard privati di qualità nella gdo italiana. Il caso dello standard GlobalG.A.P," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 16(1), pages 63-83.
- Zheng, Yuqing & Bar, Talia, 2017. "Audit Grades in Food Safety Certification," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252714, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2009.
"Traceability adoption at the farm level: An empirical analysis of the Portuguese pear industry,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 94-101, February.
- Souza Monteiro, Diogo M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2006. "Traceability Adoption at the Farm Level: An Empirical Analysis of the Portuguese Pear Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21132, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fontaine, Damien & Gaspart, Frederic & Frahan, Bruno Henry de, 2008. "Modelling the impact of private quality standards on the fresh fruit and vegetable supply chains in developing countries," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44378, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Saak, Alexander E., 2016. "The Value of Delegated Quality Control and Market Size with an Application to Kyrgyzstan Dairy," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235707, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Russo, Carlo & Perito, Maria Angel & Di Fonzo, Antonella, 2014. "The Strategic Use of Private Food Safety Standards to Manage Complexity: a Moral Hazard Perspective," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182795, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bar, Talia & Zheng, Yuqing, 2015. "Strategic Selection of Certifiers: Evidence from the BRC Food Safety Standard," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205570, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsThird-party certification; market structure; international food marketing; EurepGAP;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-01323238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CCSD (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.