Economic Evaluation of Large-Scale Biorefinery Deployment: A Framework Integrating Dynamic Biomass Market and Techno-Economic Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holmgren, Kristina M. & Berntsson, Thore S. & Andersson, Eva & Rydberg, Tomas, 2016. "Comparison of integration options for gasification-based biofuel production systems – Economic and greenhouse gas emission implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 272-294.
- Eskandarpour, Majid & Dejax, Pierre & Miemczyk, Joe & Péton, Olivier, 2015. "Sustainable supply chain network design: An optimization-oriented review," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 11-32.
- Sylvain Caurla & Philippe Delacote & Franck Lecocq & Ahmed Barkaoui, 2013. "Stimulating fuelwood consumption through public policies: an assessment of economic and resource impacts based on the french forest sector model," Post-Print hal-01072295, HAL.
- Britz, Wolfgang & Delzeit, Ruth, 2013. "The impact of German biogas production on European and global agricultural markets, land use and the environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1268-1275.
- Connolly, D. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Ridjan, I., 2014. "A comparison between renewable transport fuels that can supplement or replace biofuels in a 100% renewable energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 110-125.
- Jeannette Eggers & Ylva Melin & Johanna Lundström & Dan Bergström & Karin Öhman, 2020. "Management Strategies for Wood Fuel Harvesting—Trade-Offs with Biodiversity and Forest Ecosystem Services," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-20, May.
- Cambero, Claudia & Sowlati, Taraneh, 2014. "Assessment and optimization of forest biomass supply chains from economic, social and environmental perspectives – A review of literature," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 62-73.
- Suttles, Shellye A. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Shively, Gerald & Sands, Ronald D. & Sohngen, Brent, 2014. "Economic effects of bioenergy policy in the United States and Europe: A general equilibrium approach focusing on forest biomass," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 428-436.
- Alamia, Alberto & Magnusson, Ingemar & Johnsson, Filip & Thunman, Henrik, 2016. "Well-to-wheel analysis of bio-methane via gasification, in heavy duty engines within the transport sector of the European Union," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 445-454.
- Deane, J.P. & Chiodi, Alessandro & Gargiulo, Maurizio & Ó Gallachóir, Brian P., 2012. "Soft-linking of a power systems model to an energy systems model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 303-312.
- Sultana, Arifa & Kumar, Amit, 2014. "Development of tortuosity factor for assessment of lignocellulosic biomass delivery cost to a biorefinery," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 288-295.
- Čuček, Lidija & Varbanov, Petar Sabev & Klemeš, Jiří Jaromír & Kravanja, Zdravko, 2012. "Total footprints-based multi-criteria optimisation of regional biomass energy supply chains," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 135-145.
- Caurla, Sylvain & Delacote, Philippe & Lecocq, Franck & Barkaoui, Ahmed, 2013. "Stimulating fuelwood consumption through public policies: An assessment of economic and resource impacts based on the French Forest Sector Model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 338-347.
- Cambero, Claudia & Sowlati, Taraneh, 2016. "Incorporating social benefits in multi-objective optimization of forest-based bioenergy and biofuel supply chains," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 178(C), pages 721-735.
- Golecha, Rajdeep & Gan, Jianbang, 2016. "Biomass transport cost from field to conversion facility when biomass yield density and road network vary with transport radius," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 321-331.
- Bryngemark, Elina, 2019. "Second generation biofuels and the competition for forest raw materials: A partial equilibrium analysis of Sweden," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- De Meyer, Annelies & Cattrysse, Dirk & Rasinmäki, Jussi & Van Orshoven, Jos, 2014. "Methods to optimise the design and management of biomass-for-bioenergy supply chains: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 657-670.
- Kangas, Hanna-Liisa & Lintunen, Jussi & Pohjola, Johanna & Hetemäki, Lauri & Uusivuori, Jussi, 2011. "Investments into forest biorefineries under different price and policy structures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1165-1176.
- Carlsson, Mattias, 2012. "Bioenergy from the Swedish Forest Sector - A Partial Equilibrium Analysis of Supply Costs and Implications for the Forest Product Markets," Working Paper Series 2012:3, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Sedjo, Roger A., 1997. "The economics of forest-based biomass supply," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 559-566, May.
- Natarajan, Karthikeyan & Leduc, Sylvain & Pelkonen, Paavo & Tomppo, Erkki & Dotzauer, Erik, 2014. "Optimal locations for second generation Fischer Tropsch biodiesel production in Finland," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 319-330.
- Budzianowski, Wojciech M. & Postawa, Karol, 2016. "Total Chain Integration of sustainable biorefinery systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1432-1446.
- Andersen, Kristoffer S. & Termansen, Lars B. & Gargiulo, Maurizio & Ó Gallachóirc, Brian P., 2019. "Bridging the gap using energy services: Demonstrating a novel framework for soft linking top-down and bottom-up models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 277-293.
- Martinsen, Thomas, 2011. "Introducing technology learning for energy technologies in a national CGE model through soft links to global and national energy models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3327-3336, June.
- Zetterholm, Jonas & Pettersson, Karin & Leduc, Sylvain & Mesfun, Sennai & Lundgren, Joakim & Wetterlund, Elisabeth, 2018. "Resource efficiency or economy of scale: Biorefinery supply chain configurations for co-gasification of black liquor and pyrolysis liquids," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 230(C), pages 912-924.
- Geijer, Erik & Bostedt, Göran & Brännlund, Runar, 2011. "Damned if you do, damned if you do not--Reduced Climate Impact vs. Sustainable Forests in Sweden," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 94-106, January.
- Lauri, Pekka & Havlík, Petr & Kindermann, Georg & Forsell, Nicklas & Böttcher, Hannes & Obersteiner, Michael, 2014. "Woody biomass energy potential in 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 19-31.
- Axelsson, E. & Harvey, S. & Berntsson, T., 2009. "A tool for creating energy market scenarios for evaluation of investments in energy intensive industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2069-2074.
- Rickard Arvidsson & Anne‐Marie Tillman & Björn A. Sandén & Matty Janssen & Anders Nordelöf & Duncan Kushnir & Sverker Molander, 2018. "Environmental Assessment of Emerging Technologies: Recommendations for Prospective LCA," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 22(6), pages 1286-1294, December.
- Tromborg, Erik & Bolkesjo, Torjus Folsland & Solberg, Birger, 2007. "Impacts of policy means for increased use of forest-based bioenergy in Norway--A spatial partial equilibrium analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5980-5990, December.
- Nico Bauer & Ottmar Edenhofer & Socrates Kypreos, 2008. "Linking energy system and macroeconomic growth models," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 95-117, February.
- He, Lixia & English, Burton C. & De La Torre Ugarte, Daniel G. & Hodges, Donald G., 2014. "Woody biomass potential for energy feedstock in United States," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 174-191.
- Börjesson Hagberg, Martin & Pettersson, Karin & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2016. "Bioenergy futures in Sweden – Modeling integration scenarios for biofuel production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 1026-1039.
- Parajuli, Ranjan & Dalgaard, Tommy & Jørgensen, Uffe & Adamsen, Anders Peter S. & Knudsen, Marie Trydeman & Birkved, Morten & Gylling, Morten & Schjørring, Jan Kofod, 2015. "Biorefining in the prevailing energy and materials crisis: a review of sustainable pathways for biorefinery value chains and sustainability assessment methodologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 244-263.
- Kaushal, Priyanka & Tyagi, Rakesh, 2017. "Advanced simulation of biomass gasification in a fluidized bed reactor using ASPEN PLUS," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 629-636.
More about this item
Keywordssupply chain; partial equilibrium; biofuel; soft-linking; price formation;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:12:y:2020:i:17:p:7126-:d:407168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.