Econometric Fine Art Valuation by Combining Hedonic and Repeat-Sales Information
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jiang, Liang & Phillips, Peter C.B. & Yu, Jun, 2015. "New methodology for constructing real estate price indices applied to the Singapore residential market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(S2), pages 121-131.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Douglas Hodgson & Keith Vorkink, 2004. "Asset pricing theory and the valuation of Canadian paintings," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(3), pages 629-655, August.
- Douglas Hodgson & Barrett Slade & Keith Vorkink, 2006. "Constructing Commercial Indices: A Semiparametric Adaptive Estimator Approach," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 151-168, March.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, December.
- Christiane Hellmanzik, 2009. "Artistic styles: revisiting the analysis of modern artists’ careers," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 33(3), pages 201-232, August.
- Hellmanzik, Christiane, 2010. "Location matters: Estimating cluster premiums for prominent modern artists," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 199-218, February.
- David Galenson, 2000. "The Careers of Modern Artists," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 24(2), pages 87-112, May.
- Galbraith, John W. & Hodgson, Douglas J., 2012.
"Dimension reduction and model averaging for estimation of artists' age-valuation profiles,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 422-435.
- John W. Galbraith & Douglas James Hodgson, 2009. "Dimension Reduction and Model Averaging for Estimation of Artists' Age-Valuation Profiles," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-41, CIRANO.
- David W. Galenson & Bruce A. Weinberg, 2000.
"Age and the Quality of Work: The Case of Modern American Painters,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 761-777, August.
- David W. Galenson & Bruce A. Weinberg, 1999. "Age and the Quality of Work: The Case of Modern American Painters," NBER Working Papers 7122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Shiller, 2008. "Derivatives Markets for Home Prices," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1648, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Clemen, Robert T., 1989. "Combining forecasts: A review and annotated bibliography," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 559-583.
- Douglas James Hodgson, 2011. "Age-Price Profiles for Canadian Painters at Auction," CIRANO Working Papers 2011s-15, CIRANO.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Age and Experience Profiles of Earnings," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 64-82, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erdal Atukeren & Aylin Seckin, 2009. "An analysis of the price dynamics between the Turkish and the international paintings markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(21), pages 1705-1714.
- John M. Clapp & Carmelo Giaccotto, 2002. "Evaluating House Price Forecasts," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 24(1), pages 1-26.
- David W. Galenson & Bruce A. Weinberg, 2001. "Creating Modern Art: The Changing Careers of Painters in France from Impressionism to Cubism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1063-1071, September.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 2007. "Least Squares Model Averaging," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(4), pages 1175-1189, July.
- Meese, Richard A & Wallace, Nancy E, 1997. "The Construction of Residential Housing Price Indices: A Comparison of Repeat-Sales, Hedonic-Regression and Hybrid Approaches," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 51-73, Jan.-Marc.
More about this item
Keywordsart market; auction prices; hedonic model; model averaging; repeat sales;
- B23 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Econometrics; Quantitative and Mathematical Studies
- C - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
- C00 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - General
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jecnmx:v:6:y:2018:i:3:p:32-:d:154105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.