The Careers of Modern Artists
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006. "Handbook of the Eonomics of Art and Culture," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/152412, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nauro F. Campos & Renata Leite Barbosa, 2009.
"Paintings and numbers: an econometric investigation of sales rates, prices, and returns in Latin American art auctions,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(1), pages 28-51, January.
- Barbosa, Renata Leite & Campos, Nauro F, 2008. "Paintings and Numbers: An Econometric Investigation of Sales Rates, Prices and Returns in Latin American Art Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 6806, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Campos, Nauro F & Leite Barbosa, Renata, 2008. "Paintings and Numbers: An Econometric Investigation of Sales Rates, Prices and Returns in Latin American Art Auctions," IZA Discussion Papers 3445, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bertacchini Enrico & Friel Martha, 2013.
"Understanding creativity and innovation in industrial design: an historical and empirical assessment,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201311, University of Turin.
- Bertacchini, Enrico & Friel, Martha, 2013. "Understanding Creativity and Innovation in Industrial Design: an Historical and Empirical Assessment," EBLA Working Papers 201301, University of Turin.
- BOONE, Christophe & DECLERCK, Carolyn H. & RAO, Hayagreeva & VAN DEN BUYS, Kristin, 2009. "Dissonance and harmony: A study of the recognition of artists in modernistic music in Brussels; 1919-1939," ACED Working Papers 2009006, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Caballer Mellado, V. & De La Poza, E., 2010. "La Numismática como objeto de inversión y valoración/Numismatics as an object of investment and valuation," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 475(22á.)-4, Agosto.
- Ventura Charlin & Arturo Cifuentes, 2013. "A new financial metric for the art market," Papers 1309.6929, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2015.
- John Galbraith & Douglas Hodgson, 2015. "Innovation, experience and artists’ age-valuation profiles: evidence from eighteenth-century rococo and neoclassical painters," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 39(3), pages 259-275, August.
- David W. Galenson, 2004. "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young or Old Innovator: Measuring the Careers of Modern Novelists," NBER Working Papers 10213, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Sheila Weyers, 2006. "Creativity and Life Cycles of Artists," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 30(2), pages 91-107, September.
- Olav Velthuis, 2011. "Art Markets," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Galbraith, John W. & Hodgson, Douglas J., 2012.
"Dimension reduction and model averaging for estimation of artists' age-valuation profiles,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 422-435.
- John Galbraith & Douglas James Hodgson, 2009. "Dimension Reduction and Model Averaging for Estimation of Artists' Age-Valuation Profiles," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-41, CIRANO.
- David W. Galenson, 2004. "A Portrait of the Artist as a Very Young or Very Old Innovator: Creativity at the Extremes of the Life Cycle," NBER Working Papers 10515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Hodgson, 2011. "Age–price profiles for Canadian painters at auction," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 35(4), pages 287-308, November.
- Merijn Rengers & Olav Velthuis, 2002. "Determinants of Prices for Contemporary Art in Dutch Galleries, 1992–1998," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 26(1), pages 1-28, February.
- R. Ekelund & Rand Ressler & John Watson, 2000. "The ``Death-Effect'' in Art Prices: A Demand-Side Exploration," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 24(4), pages 283-300, November.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2004. "The Economics of Latin American Art: Creativity Patterns and Rates of Return," NBER Working Papers 10302, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elena Stepanova, 2017. "The impact of color palettes on the prices of paintings," LEM Papers Series 2017/25, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Karol Jan BOROWIECKI, 2011. "War and Creativity: Solving the War-Art Puzzle for Classical Music Composition," Trinity Economics Papers tep0711, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Olav Velthuis, 2008. "Michael Hutter and David Throsby (eds): Beyond Price. Value in Culture, Economics and the Arts," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(4), pages 321-324, December.
More about this item
Keywordscontemporary art; age-price profiles;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:24:y:2000:i:2:p:87-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .