Trends in financial market concentration and their implications for market stability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicoló, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Elijah Brewer & William Jackson, 2000. "Requiem for a Market Maker: The Case of Drexel Burnham Lambert and Junk Bonds," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 17(3), pages 209-235, September.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2003. "Bank concentration and crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3041, The World Bank.
- Stiroh, Kevin J., 2006. "A Portfolio View of Banking with Interest and Noninterest Activities," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1351-1361, August.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995.
"The decline of traditional banking: implications for financial stability and regulatory policy,"
Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 1(Jul), pages 27-45.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995. "The Decline of Traditional Banking: Implications for Financial Stabilityand Regulatory Policy," NBER Working Papers 4993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Astrid A. Dick, 2006. "Nationwide Branching and Its Impact on Market Structure, Quality, and Bank Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 567-592, March.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Mary G Zephirin & Philip F. Bartholomew & Jahanara Zaman, 2003. "Bank Consolidation, Internationalization, and Conglomeration; Trends and Implications for Financial Risk," IMF Working Papers 03/158, International Monetary Fund.
- Ludger Hentschel & Clifford W. Smith, 1994. "Risk And Regulation In Derivatives Markets," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 7(3), pages 8-22, September.
- Slovin, Myron B & Sushka, Marie E & Polonchek, John A, 1993. "The Value of Bank Durability: Borrowers as Bank Stakeholders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 247-266, March.
- Benveniste Lawrence M. & Singh Manoj & Wilhelm Jr. , William J., 1993. "The Failure of Drexel Burnham Lambert: Evidence on the Implications for Commercial Banks," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 104-137, October.
- Demsetz, Rebecca S & Strahan, Philip E, 1997. "Diversification, Size, and Risk at Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 300-313, August.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elyas Elyasiani & Elena Kalotychou & Sotiris Staikouras & Gang Zhao, 2015. "Return and Volatility Spillover among Banks and Insurers: Evidence from Pre-Crisis and Crisis Periods," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 21-52, August.
- Daniel Stefan ARMEANU & Sorin-Iulian CIOACA & Mihail BUSU, 2015. "Analyzing The Market Concentration Of The Romanian Capital Market," Proceedings of the INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 9(1), pages 548-554, November.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009.
"Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: Empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1299-1311, July.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009. "Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: empirical evidence," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 02/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Hankir, Yassin & Rauch, Christian & Umber, Marc P., 2011. "Bank M&A: A market power story?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2341-2354, September.
- Claudio Agostini & Eduardo Saavedra & Manuel Willington, 2012.
"Economies of Scale and Merger Efficiencies: Empirical Evidence from the Chilean Pension Funds Market,"
wp_027, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Claudio Agostini & Eduardo Saavedra & Manuel Willington, 2012. "Economies of Scale and Merger Efficiencies: Empirical Evidence from the Chilean Pension Funds Market," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv285, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- Shijaku, Gerti, 2016. "Does concentration matter for bank stability - evidence from Albanian Banking System," MPRA Paper 79086, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fu, Xiaoqing (Maggie) & Lin, Yongjia (Rebecca) & Molyneux, Philip, 2014. "Bank competition and financial stability in Asia Pacific," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 64-77.
- Jordan Kjosevski & Mihail Petkovski, 2017. "Determinants of Bank Profitability in the Republic of Macedonia – a Panel Data Analysis," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 41-65.
- Sergio SANFILIPPO AZOFRA & Maria CANTERO SAIZ & Begona TORRE OLMO & Carlos LOPEZ GUTIERREZ, 2013. "Financial Crises, Concentration and Efficiency: Effects on Performance and Risk of Banks," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(6), pages 537-558, December.
- Lev Ratnovski, 2013. "Competition Policy for Modern Banks," IMF Working Papers 13/126, International Monetary Fund.
- Huang, Yan & Wan, Jiansong & Huang, Xin, 2019. "Quantitative analysis of financial system fragility based on manifold curvature," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 523(C), pages 1276-1285.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial markets; Capital market; Theory of the firm;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednep:y:2007:i:mar:p:33-51:n:v.13no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.