Economies of Scale and Merger Efficiencies: Empirical Evidence from the Chilean Pension Funds Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Claudio Agostini & Eduardo Saavedra & Manuel Willington, 2012. "Economies of Scale and Merger Efficiencies: Empirical Evidence from the Chilean Pension Funds Market," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv285, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1990.
"Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(1), pages 107-126, March.
- Farrell, J. & Shapiro, C., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Papers 17, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Farrell, Joseph & Shapiro, Carl, 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt0tp305nx, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Carl Shapiro., 1988. "Horizontal Mergers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics Working Papers 8880, University of California at Berkeley.
- Oliver Budzinski & Isabel Ruhmer, 2010.
"Merger Simulation In Competition Policy: A Survey,"
Journal of Competition Law and Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 277-319.
- Oliver Budzinski & Isabel Ruhmer, 2008. "Merger Simulation in Competition Policy: A Survey," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200807, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Oliver Budzinski & Isabel Ruhmer, 2009. "Merger Simulation in Competition Policy: A Survey," Working Papers 82/09, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Beverly Hirtle & Donald P. Morgan & Stavros Peristiani & João Santos, 2007. "Trends in financial market concentration and their implications for market stability," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Mar, pages 33-51.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Mary G Zephirin & Philip F. Bartholomew & Jahanara Zaman, 2003. "Bank Consolidation, Internationalization, and Conglomeration; Trends and Implications for Financial Risk," IMF Working Papers 03/158, International Monetary Fund.
- James, Estelle & Edwards, Alejandra Cox & Iglesias, Augusto, 2009. "The impact of private participation and countervailing information on disability costs: evidence from Chile," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 291-320, July.
- Claudio Agostini & Eduardo Saavedra & Manuel Willington, 2009. "Fusión Procompetitiva y Economías de escala en el Mercado de AFPs," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv238, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Gelos, R. G. & Roldos, Jorge, 2004.
"Consolidation and market structure in emerging market banking systems,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 39-59, March.
- R. G Gelos & Jorge Roldos, 2002. "Consolidation and Market Structure in Emerging Market Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 02/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Werden, Gregory J & Froeb, Luke M, 1994. "The Effects of Mergers in Differentiated Products Industries: Logit Demand and Merger Policy," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 407-426, October.
- Roy J. Epstein & Daniel L. Rubinfeld, 2002. "Merger Simulation: A Simplified Approach with New Applications," Industrial Organization 0201002, EconWPA.
- Patricio Arrau & Rómulo Chumacero, 1998. "Tamaño de los Fondos de Pensiones en Chile y su Desempeño Financiero," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 35(105), pages 205-236.
- McAfee, R Preston & Williams, Michael A, 1992. "Horizontal Mergers and Antitrust Policy," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 181-187, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karen A. Tumanyants & Eugenia V. Gulyaeva, 2016. "Individual Choice of a Pension Fund in Russia: Are the Investment Results of the Fund Important?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1328-1337.
More about this item
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uai:wpaper:wp_027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio A Agostini). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipuaicl.html .