The money-GNP link: assessing alternative transaction measures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Bronfenbrenner, 1945. "Some Fundamentals in Liquidity Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 405-426.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1983. "M1 or M2: which is the better monetary target?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 36-42.
- R. W. Hafer, 1980. "The new monetary aggregates," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Feb, pages 25-32.
- Barro, Robert J & Santomero, Anthony J, 1972. "Household Money Holdings and The Demand Deposit Rate," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 397-413, May.
- Meltzer, A.H. & Heinemann, H.E. & Jordan, J.L. & Levy, M.D. & Plosser, C.I. & Poole, W. & Rasche, R.H. & Schwartz, A.J., 1991. "Shadow Open Market Committee; Policy Statement and Position Papers," Papers ip_91-01, Rochester, Business - Industry Policy Studies.
- Frodin, Joanna H. & Startz, Richard, 1982.
"The NOW account experiment and the demand for money,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 179-193, June.
- Joanna H. Frodin & Richard Startz, "undated". "The NOW Account Experiment and the Demand for Money," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 11-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Keith M. Carlson & Scott E. Hein, 1980. "Monetary aggregates as monetary indicators," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 12-21.
- Lawrence S. Davidson & R. W. Hafer, 1983. "Some evidence on selecting an intermediate target of monetary policy," Working Papers 1982-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "Competitive Interest Payments on Bank Deposits and the Long-Run Demand for Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 931-949, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dallas S. Batten & R. W. Hafer, 1984. "Currency substitution and the link between money and GNP in the U.S.: 1972-83," Working Papers 1984-024, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Visser, H., 1989. "The demand for money," Serie Research Memoranda 0073, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Choudhry Taufiq, 2002. "Financial Innovations And Demand For United States M1 And M2 Components," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 73-93.
- A. Steven Holland, 1984. "Real interest rates: what accounts for their recent rise?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Dec, pages 18-29.
- Gil-Alaña, Luis A., 2000. "Testing of fractional cointegration in macroeconomic time series," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,105, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Timothy Q. Cook & Timothy D. Rowe, 1985. "Are NOWs being used as savings accounts?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue May, pages 3-13.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney supply ; Gross national product;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1984:i:mar:p:19-27:n:v.66no.3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .