Monetary unions and the transaction cost savings of a single currency
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rodriguez Mendizabal, Hugo, 2002. "Monetary Union and the Transaction Cost Savings of a Single Currency," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 263-277, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guidotti, Pablo E, 1993. "Currency Substitution and Financial Innovation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 109-124, February.
- Barro, Robert J & Santomero, Anthony J, 1972. "Household Money Holdings and The Demand Deposit Rate," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 397-413, May.
- Lieberman, Charles, 1977. "The Transactions Demand for Money and Technological Change," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(3), pages 307-317, August.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr., 1994. "On the welfare cost of inflation," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 94-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Boyan Jovanovic, 1980.
"On Transactions and Precautionary Demand for Money,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 95(1), pages 25-43.
- Jacob A. Frenkel & Boyan Jovanovic, 1978. "On Transactions and Precautionary Demand For Money," NBER Working Papers 0288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baumol, William J & Tobin, James, 1989. "The Optimal Cash Balance Proposition: Maurice Allais' Priority," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 27(3), pages 1160-1162, September.
- Chang, Fwu-Ranq, 1999. "Homogeneity and the Transactions Demand for Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(4), pages 720-730, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1998.
" Open-Economy Macroeconomics: Developments in Theory and Policy,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(1), pages 247-275, March.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1997. "Open-Economy Macroeconomics: Developments in Theory and Policy," Working Papers 958, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1999. "Open-Economy Macroeconomics, Developments in Theory and Policy," NBER Working Papers 6319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bonpasse, Morrison, 2007. "The Single Global Currency - Common Cents for Business," MPRA Paper 6199, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0489 is not listed on IDEAS
- Timo Baas, 2014. "Estonia and the European Monetary Union – Are there Benefi ts from a “Late” Accession?," Ruhr Economic Papers 0489, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Paul R. Bergin & Reuven Glick, 2005.
"Tradability, productivity, and understanding international economic integration,"
Working Paper Series
2005-13, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Paul R. Bergin & Reuven Glick, 2005. "Tradability, Productivity, and Understanding International Economic Integration," NBER Working Papers 11637, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Bergin & Reuven Glick, 2005. "Tradability, Productivity, and Understanding International Economic Integration," Working Papers 514, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Bonpasse, Morrison, 2008. "The Single Global Currency - Common Cents for Commerce," MPRA Paper 7002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hugo Rodríguez, 1998. "The variability of money velocity in a generalized cash-in-advance model," Economics Working Papers 320, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary Union; demand for money; single currency; multivariate brownian motion;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .