Estimating the demand for money in Canada: Does including an own rate of return matter?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Startz, .
"Implicit Interest on Demand Deposits,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
4-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Richard Startz, . "Implicit Interest on Demand Deposits," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 04-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Freedman, C, 1983. "Financial Innovation in Canada: Causes and Consequences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 101-06, May.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Scott Hendry & Charleen Adam, 2001. "The M1 Vector-Error-Correction Model: some Extensions and Applications," Money Affairs, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 145-175, July-Dece.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1976. "The Case of the Missing Money," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(3), pages 683-740.
- Cooley, Thomas F & LeRoy, Stephen F, 1981. "Identification and Estimation of Money Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 825-44, December.
- Edgar L. Feige, 1964. "The Demand For Liquid Assets: A Temporal Cross‐Section Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(1), pages 116-117, 03.
- Sherrill Shaffer, 1990.
"A test of competition in Canadian banking,"
90-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Haug, Alfred A & Lucas, Robert F, 1996.
"Long-Run Money Demand in Canada: In Search of Stability,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 345-48, May.
- Lucas, R.F. & Haug, A.A., 1992. "Long-Run Money Demand in Canada: In Search of Stability," Papers 92-4, Saskatchewan - Department of Economics.
- Barro, Robert J & Santomero, Anthony J, 1972. "Household Money Holdings and The Demand Deposit Rate," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 397-413, May.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Sichel, Daniel E., 1990. "The demand for money," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 299-356 Elsevier.
- David Laidler, 1966. "The Rate of Interest and the Demand for Money--Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 543.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Alli Nathan & Edwin H. Neave, 1989. "Competition and Contestability in Canada's Financial System: Empirical Results," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(3), pages 576-94, August.
- Scott Hendry, 1995. "Long-Run Demand for M1," Macroeconomics 9511001, EconWPA.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:46:y:2006:i:4:p:513-529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.