On currency substitution and money demand instability
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
- Ortiz, Guillermo, 1983. "Currency Substitution in Mexico: The Dollarization Problem," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(2), pages 174-85, May.
- Farley, John U. & Hinich, Melvin & McGuire, Timothy W., 1975. "Some comparisons of tests for a shift in the slopes of a multivariate linear time series model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 297-318, August.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Understanding spurious regressions in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 311-340, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1985. "Understanding Spurious Regressions in Econometrics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 757, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Hamburger, Michael J., 1977. "The demand for money in an open economy : Germany and the United Kingdom," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 25-40, January.
- Frenkel, Jacob A & Levich, Richard M, 1979. "Covered Interest Arbitrage and Unexploited Profits? Reply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 418-22, April.
- Brittain, Bruce, 1981. "International Currency Substitution and the Apparent Instability of Velocity in Some Western European Economies and in the United States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 135-55, May.
- Ghosh, Sukesh K., 1989. "Currency substitution and demand for money in Canada: Further evidence," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 81-93.
- Yoshio Suzuki & Akio Kuroda & Hiromichi Shirakawa, 1988. "Monetary Control Mechanism in Japan," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 6(2), pages 1-27, November.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie, 1980. "Dummy variables and predictive tests for structural change," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 241-247.
- Stephen S. Poloz, 1980. "Simultaneity and the Demand for Money in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(3), pages 407-20, August.
- Cooley, Thomas F & LeRoy, Stephen F, 1981. "Identification and Estimation of Money Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 825-44, December.
- Paul Boothe, 1991. "Interest Parity, Cointegration, and the Term Structure in Canada and the United States," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 24(3), pages 595-603, August.
- Dallas S. Batten & R. W. Hafer, 1984. "Currency substitution: a test of its importance," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Aug, pages 5-11.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1976. "The Case of the Missing Money," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(3), pages 683-740.
- Cuddington, John T. & Cuddington, John T., 1983. "Currency substitution, capital mobility and money demand," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-133, August.
- Ramon Moreno & Sun Bae Kim, 1993. "Money, interest rates and economic activity: stylized facts for Japan," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 12-24.
- Bordo, Michael D & Choudhri, Ehsan U, 1982.
"Currency Substitution and the Demand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 48-57, February.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 1980. "Currency Substitution and the Semand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada," UCLA Economics Working Papers 190, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Melvin, Michael, 1985. "Currency Substitution and Western European Monetary Unification," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(205), pages 79-91, February.
- Joines, Douglas H., 1985. "International currency substitution and the income velocity of money," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 303-316, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:5:y:1996:i:3:p:321-334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.