Non-nested tests for competing U.S. narrow money demand functions
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Subramanian S. Sriram, 1999. "Survey of Literatureon Demand for Money; Theoretical and Empirical Work with Special Reference to Error-Correction Models," IMF Working Papers 99/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
- Allan W. Gregory & Michael McAleer, 1983. "Testing Non-Nested Specifications of Money Demand for Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 593-602, November.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1982. "Monetary Trends in the United States and United Kingdom: Their Relation to Income, Prices, and Interest Rates, 1867–1975," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie82-2, August.
- Holmes, James M & Smyth, David J, 1972. "The Specification of the Demand for Money and the Tax Multiplier," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 179-85, Jan.-Feb..
- Fisher, Gordon R. & McAleer, Michael, 1981.
"Alternative procedures and associated tests of significance for non-nested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 103-119, May.
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1981. "Alternative Procedures and Associated Tests of Significance for Non-Nested Hypotheses," Working Papers 420, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Mizon, Grayham E & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1986. "The Encompassing Principle and Its Application to Testing Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 657-78, May.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, March.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Sichel, Daniel E., 1990. "The demand for money," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 299-356 Elsevier.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1994.
"Indicator Properties of the Paper-Bill Spread: Lessons from Recent Experiences,"
NBER Working Papers
4969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1998. "Indicator Properties Of The Paper-Bill Spread: Lessons From Recent Experience," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 34-44, February.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1994. "Indicator properties of the paper-bill spread: lessons from recent experience," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 94-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-93, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N & Leventakis, John A, 1985. "Specification Tests of the Money Demand Function in an Open Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 482-89, August.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1976. "The Case of the Missing Money," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(3), pages 683-740.
- Heller, H Robert & Khan, Mohsin S, 1979. "The Demand for Money and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 109-29, February.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990.
"An encompassing approach to conditional mean tests with applications to testing nonnested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 331-350.
- Wooldridge, J.M, 1989. "An Encompassing Approach To Conditional Mean Tests With Applications To Testing Nonnested Hypotheses," Working papers 511, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- McKenzie, C. R., 1992. "Money demand in an open economy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 176-198, June.
- Cooley, Thomas F & LeRoy, Stephen F, 1981. "Identification and Estimation of Money Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 825-44, December.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "Money Demand and the Effects of Fiscal Policies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 415-29, November.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Zadeh, Ali H. M., 1999. "Econometric tests of alternative scale variables in money demand in open economies: International evidence from selected OECD countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 193-211.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Friedman, Milton, 1977. " Time Perspective in Demand for Money," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(4), pages 397-416.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Money Demand Predictability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 611-41, November.
- Milbourne, Ross, 1985. "Distinguishing between Australian Demand for Money Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(44), pages 154-68, June.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1984. "The 1981-82 Velocity Decline: A Structural Shift in Income or Money Demand?," NBER Working Papers 1343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:23:y:2006:i:2:p:339-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.