Non-nested tests for competing U.S. narrow money demand functions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McKenzie, C. R., 1992. "Money demand in an open economy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 176-198, June.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Wooldridge, J.M, 1989.
"An Encompassing Approach To Conditional Mean Tests With Applications To Testing Nonnested Hypotheses,"
511, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "An encompassing approach to conditional mean tests with applications to testing nonnested hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 331-350.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1994.
"Indicator Properties of the Paper-Bill Spread: Lessons from Recent Experiences,"
NBER Working Papers
4969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1998. "Indicator Properties Of The Paper-Bill Spread: Lessons From Recent Experience," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 34-44, February.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1994. "Indicator properties of the paper-bill spread: lessons from recent experience," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 94-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Cooley, Thomas F & LeRoy, Stephen F, 1981. "Identification and Estimation of Money Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 825-844, December.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Fisher, Gordon R. & McAleer, Michael, 1981.
"Alternative procedures and associated tests of significance for non-nested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 103-119, May.
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1981. "Alternative Procedures and Associated Tests of Significance for Non-Nested Hypotheses," Working Papers 420, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Subramanian S Sriram, 1999. "Survey of Literature on Demand for Money; Theoretical and Empirical Work with Special Reference to Error-Correction Models," IMF Working Papers 99/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-793, May.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119, December.
- Holmes, James M & Smyth, David J, 1972. "The Specification of the Demand for Money and the Tax Multiplier," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 179-185, Jan.-Feb..
- Brissimis, Sophocles N & Leventakis, John A, 1985. "Specification Tests of the Money Demand Function in an Open Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 482-489, August.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Sichel, Daniel E., 1990. "The demand for money," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 299-356 Elsevier.
- Heller, H Robert & Khan, Mohsin S, 1979. "The Demand for Money and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 109-129, February.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1982. "Monetary Trends in the United States and United Kingdom: Their Relation to Income, Prices, and Interest Rates, 1867–1975," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie82-2, Enero.
- Milbourne, Ross, 1985. "Distinguishing between Australian Demand for Money Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(44), pages 154-168, June.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Zadeh, Ali H. M., 1999. "Econometric tests of alternative scale variables in money demand in open economies: International evidence from selected OECD countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 193-211.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "Money Demand and the Effects of Fiscal Policies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 415-429, November.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1984. "The 1981-82 Velocity Decline: A Structural Shift in Income or Money Demand?," NBER Working Papers 1343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1976. "The Case of the Missing Money," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(3), pages 683-740.
- Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Money Demand Predictability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 611-641, November.
- Mizon, Grayham E & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1986. "The Encompassing Principle and Its Application to Testing Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 657-678, May.
- Allan W. Gregory & Michael McAleer, 1983. "Testing Non-Nested Specifications of Money Demand for Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 593-602, November.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Friedman, Milton, 1977. " Time Perspective in Demand for Money," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(4), pages 397-416.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:23:y:2006:i:2:p:339-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.