Non-nested tests for competing U.S. narrow money demand functions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990.
"An encompassing approach to conditional mean tests with applications to testing nonnested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 331-350.
- Wooldridge, J.M, 1989. "An Encompassing Approach To Conditional Mean Tests With Applications To Testing Nonnested Hypotheses," Working papers 511, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Subramanian S Sriram, 1999. "Survey of Literature on Demand for Money; Theoretical and Empirical Work with Special Reference to Error-Correction Models," IMF Working Papers 99/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Cooley, Thomas F & LeRoy, Stephen F, 1981. "Identification and Estimation of Money Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 825-844, December.
- Heller, H Robert & Khan, Mohsin S, 1979. "The Demand for Money and the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 109-129, February.
- Milbourne, Ross, 1985. "Distinguishing between Australian Demand for Money Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(44), pages 154-168, June.
- McKenzie, C. R., 1992. "Money demand in an open economy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 176-198, June.
- Allan W. Gregory & Michael McAleer, 1983. "Testing Non-Nested Specifications of Money Demand for Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 593-602, November.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-793, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Friedman, Milton, 1977. " Time Perspective in Demand for Money," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(4), pages 397-416.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1984. "The 1981-82 Velocity Decline: A Structural Shift in Income or Money Demand?," NBER Working Papers 1343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1998.
"Indicator Properties Of The Paper-Bill Spread: Lessons From Recent Experience,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 34-44, February.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1994. "Indicator Properties of the Paper-Bill Spread: Lessons from Recent Experiences," NBER Working Papers 4969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin M. Friedman & Kenneth N. Kuttner, 1994. "Indicator properties of the paper-bill spread: lessons from recent experience," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 94-24, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Holmes, James M & Smyth, David J, 1972. "The Specification of the Demand for Money and the Tax Multiplier," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(1), pages 179-185, Jan.-Feb..
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Mizon, Grayham E & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1986. "The Encompassing Principle and Its Application to Testing Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 657-678, May.
- Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Money Demand Predictability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 611-641, November.
- Fisher, Gordon R. & McAleer, Michael, 1981.
"Alternative procedures and associated tests of significance for non-nested hypotheses,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 103-119, May.
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1981. "Alternative Procedures and Associated Tests of Significance for Non-Nested Hypotheses," Working Papers 420, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Zadeh, Ali H. M., 1999. "Econometric tests of alternative scale variables in money demand in open economies: International evidence from selected OECD countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 193-211.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1990. "A Unified Approach to Robust, Regression-Based Specification Tests," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 17-43, March.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1976. "The Case of the Missing Money," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 7(3), pages 683-740.
- Brissimis, Sophocles N & Leventakis, John A, 1985. "Specification Tests of the Money Demand Function in an Open Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 482-489, August.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1982. "Monetary Trends in the United States and United Kingdom: Their Relation to Income, Prices, and Interest Rates, 1867–1975," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie82-2, January.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Sichel, Daniel E., 1990. "The demand for money," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 299-356 Elsevier.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "Money Demand and the Effects of Fiscal Policies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(4), pages 415-429, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:23:y:2006:i:2:p:339-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.