Budget deficits, exchange rates and the current account: theory and U. S. evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1976. "The dynamics of fiscal policy in an open economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 115-142, May.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Charles Wyplosz, 1984. "Real Exchange Rate Effects of Fiscal Policy," NBER Working Papers 1255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael M. Hutchison, 1984. "Intervention, deficit finance and real exchange rates: the case of Japan," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Win, pages 27-44.
- Campbell, John Y & Shiller, Robert J, 1984.
"A Simple Account of the Behavior of Long-Term Interest Rates,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 44-48, May.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1983. "A Simple Account of the Behavior of Long-Term Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 1203, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiller, Robert & Campbell, John, 1984. "A Simple Account of the Behavior of Long-Term Interest Rates," Scholarly Articles 3208216, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert A. Mundell, 1962. "The Appropriate Use of Monetary and Fiscal Policy for Internal and External Stability," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(1), pages 70-79, March.
- Hodrick, Robert J., 1980. "Dynamic effects of government policies in an open economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 213-239, April.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- R. Dornbusch, 1975. "Exchange Rate Dynamics," Working papers 167, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- David, Paul A & Scadding, John L, 1974. "Private Savings: Ultrarationality, Aggregation, and "Denison's Law."," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 225-249, Part I, M.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmad Baharumshah & Evan Lau & Ahmed Khalid, 2006.
"Testing Twin Deficits Hypothesis using VARs and Variance Decomposition,"
Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 331-354.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Evan Lau & Ahmed M. Khalid, 2005. "Testing Twin Deficits Hypothesis: Using VARs and Variance Decomposition," International Finance 0504001, EconWPA.
- Evan Lau & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2009. "Twin deficits in Cambodia: An Empirical Study," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2783-2794.
- E Lau & S Abu Mansor & C-H Puah, 2010. "Revival of the Twin Deficits in Asian Crisis-affected Countries," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 15(1), pages 29-54, March.
- Owen F. Humpage, 1992. "An introduction to the international implications of U.S. fiscal policy," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q III, pages 27-39.
- G. Vamvoukas, 1997. "Have large budget deficits caused increasing trade deficits? Evidence from a developing country," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(1), pages 80-90, March.
- Nazma Latif-Zaman & Maria N. DaCosta, 1990. "The Budget Deficit and the Trade Deficit: Insights into This Relationship," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 349-354, Oct-Dec.
- Frederick T. Furlong, 1989. "International dimensions of U.S. economic policy in the 1980s," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 3-16.
- Reuven Glick, 1988. "Saving-investment determinants of Japan's external balance," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sum, pages 3-14.
- Evan Lau & Tuck Cheong Tang, 2009. "Twin deficits in Cambodia: Are there Reasons for Concern? An Empirical Study," Monash Economics Working Papers 11-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsBudget deficits ; Balance of payments ; Investments; Foreign - United States ; Dollar; American;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfer:y:1984:i:fall:p:5-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.