Currency boards: once and future monetary regimes?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Williamson, 1995. "What Role of Currency Boards?," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa40, January.
- Geoffrey M.B. Tootell, 1990. "Central bank flexibility and the drawbacks to currency unification," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 3-18.
- Wayne W. Camard, 1996. "Discretion with Rules? Lessons from the Currency Board Arrangement in Lithuania," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 96/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Gerald Caprio & Michael Dooley & Danny Leipziger & Carl Walsh, 1996.
"The lender of last resort function under a currency board: The case of Argentina,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 625-650, March.
- Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Dooley, Michael & Leipziger, Danny & Walsh, Carl, 1996. "The lender of last resort function under a currency board : the case of Argentina," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1648, The World Bank.
- Yum K. Kwan & Francis Lui, 1999.
"Hong Kong's Currency Board and Changing Monetary Regimes,"
NBER Chapters,in: Changes in Exchange Rates in Rapidly Developing Countries: Theory, Practice, and Policy Issues (NBER-EASE volume 7), pages 403-436
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yum K. Kwan & Francis T. Lui, 1996. "Hong Kong's Currency Board and Changing Monetary Regimes," NBER Working Papers 5723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Veerathai Santiprabhob, 1997. "Bank Soundness and Currency Board Arrangements: Issues and Experience," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 97/11, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Gavin & Roberto Perotti, 1997. "Fiscal Policy in Latin America," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1997, Volume 12, pages 11-72 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos E. Zarazaga, 1995. "Argentina, Mexico, and currency boards: another case of rules versus discretion," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q IV, pages 14-24.
- Norman S. Fieleke, 1992. "The quest for sound money: currency boards to the rescue," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Nov, pages 14-24.
- Schwartz, Anna J., 1993. "Currency boards: their past, present, and possible future role," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 147-187, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alain Raybaut & Dominique Torre, 2004. "Unions monétaires, caisses d'émission et dollarisation : les fondements analytiques des systèmes de change « ultra-fixes »," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 75(2), pages 37-54.
- Aloy M. & Moreno B. & Nancy G., "undated". "Does Fiscal Policy Matter in a Currency Board Regime? The Case of Argentina," EcoMod2003 330700005, EcoMod.
- de Haan, Jakob & Berger, Helge & van Fraassen, Erik, 2001.
"How to reduce inflation: an independent central bank or a currency board? The experience of the Baltic countries,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 218-243, September.
- Jacob De Haan & Helge Berger & Erik Van Fraassen, 2001. "How to Reduce Inflation: An Independent Central Bank or A Currency Board? The Experience of the Baltic Countries," LICOS Discussion Papers 9601, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- LeClair, Mark S., 2007. "Currency regimes and currency crises: What about cocoa money?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 42-57, February.
- Sophie Chauvin, 2001. "Exit Options for Argentina with a Special Focus on Their Impact on External Trade," Working Papers 2001-07, CEPII research center.
- Neven Valev & John A. Carlson, 2002. "Tenuous Financial Stability," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0210, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Neven Valev, 2000. "Building Monetary Credibility in a Transforming Economy," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0212, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
KeywordsCurrency boards ; Money ; Monetary policy ; Foreign exchange;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbne:y:1999:i:may:p:21-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.