Parameter Drifting in a DSGE Model Estimated on Czech Data
In this article, the authors investigate the possible time-varying structure of DSGE models. They follow the study of Andrle et al. (2009), which argues that models designed for monetary policy analysis and forecasting of an economy that is undergoing structural changes must include exogenous processes (technologies) capturing the specific characteristics of individual sectors. The authors conclude that the presence of structural changes and the convergence process in the data imply drifting of structural parameters in the model without technologies. Incorporating technologies causes the structural parameters to be relatively stable. From the perspective of monetary policy analysis and forecasting, it seems more convenient to assume that the structural parameters are stable and use sectoral technologies owing to their aggregate form.
Volume (Year): 61 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2002.
"Closing Small Open Economy Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3096, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2002. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," NBER Working Papers 9270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2001. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," Departmental Working Papers 200115, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Burriel & Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2009.
"MEDEA: A DSGE Model for the Spanish Economy,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
09-017, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Pablo Burriel & Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan Rubio-Ramírez, 2010. "MEDEA: a DSGE model for the Spanish economy," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 175-243, March.
- Pablo Burriel & Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramírez, 2009. "MEDEA: A DSGE Model for the Spanish Economy," Working Papers 2009-17, FEDEA.
- Burriel, Pablo & Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Rubio-Ramírez, Juan Francisco, 2009. "MEDEA: A DSGE Model for the Spanish Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7297, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson & Andrew T. Levin, 1999.
"Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
640, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Erceg, Christopher J. & Henderson, Dale W. & Levin, Andrew T., 2000. "Optimal monetary policy with staggered wage and price contracts," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-313, October.
- Andrew Levin & Christopher J. Erceg & Dale W. Henderson, 1999. "Optimal Monetary Policy with Staggered Wage and Price Contracts," Computing in Economics and Finance 1999 1151, Society for Computational Economics.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Bruha, Jan & Podpiera, Jirí, 2011.
"The dynamics of economic convergence: The role of alternative investment decisions,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1032-1044, July.
- Jan Brůha & Jiří Podpiera, 5/14. "The dynamics of economic convergence: The role of alternative investment decisions," Post-Print hal-00822060, HAL.
- Michal Andrle & Tibor Hledik & Ondra Kamenik & Jan Vlcek, 2009. "Implementing the New Structural Model of the Czech National Bank," Working Papers 2009/2, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Camilo E Tovar, 2008.
"DSGE models and central banks,"
BIS Working Papers
258, Bank for International Settlements.
- Tovar, Camilo Ernesto, 2009. "DSGE Models and Central Banks," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-31.
- Roberto Perotti, 2008.
"In Search of the Transmission Mechanism of Fiscal Policy,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2007, Volume 22, pages 169-226
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Perotti, 2007. "In Search of the Transmission Mechanism of Fiscal Policy," NBER Working Papers 13143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramírez, 2007.
"How Structural Are Structural Parameters?,"
NBER Working Papers
13166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:61:y:2011:i:5:p:510-524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.