Infrastructure Provision, Gender, and Poverty in Indian Slums
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Straub, Stephane, 2008.
"Infrastructure and growth in developing countries : recent advances and research challenges,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4460, The World Bank.
- Stephane Straub, 2008. "Infrastructure and Growth in Developing Countries: Recent Advances and Research Challenges," ESE Discussion Papers 179, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Paul Strassmann, W., 1984. "The timing of urban infrastructure and housing improvements by owner occupants," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(7), pages 743-753, July.
- Kocher, Martin & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2012.
"Social background, cooperative behavior, and norm enforcement,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 341-354.
- Kocher, Martin & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Social Background, Cooperative Behavior, and Norm Enforcement," Discussion Papers dp-09-21-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2012. "Social background, cooperative behavior, and norm enforcement," Munich Reprints in Economics 18163, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kocher, Martin & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Social Background, Cooperative Behavior, and Norm Enforcement," Working Papers in Economics 385, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Prabhu, Vimalanand S., 2010. "Tests of Intrahousehold Resource Allocation Using a CV Framework: A Comparison of Husbands' and Wives' Separate and Joint WTP in the Slums of Navi-Mumbai, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 606-619, April.
- Parikh, Priti & Chaturvedi, Sankalp & George, Gerard, 2012. "Empowering change: The effects of energy provision on individual aspirations in slum communities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 477-485.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2004.
"The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
270, Central Bank of Chile.
- César Calderón & Luis Servén, 2005. "The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and Income Distribution," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_056, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Calderon, Cesar & Serven, Luis, 2004. "The effects of infrastructure development on growth and income distribution," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3400, The World Bank.
- Adato, Michelle & Lund, Francie & Mhlongo, Phakama, 2007. "Methodological Innovations in Research on the Dynamics of Poverty: A Longitudinal Study in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 247-263, February.
- Howe, Gerard & McKay, Andrew, 2007. "Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Methods in Assessing Chronic Poverty: The Case of Rwanda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 197-211, February.
- Parker, Barbara & Kozel, Valerie, 2007. "Understanding Poverty and Vulnerability in India's Uttar Pradesh and Bihar: A Q-squared Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 296-311, February.
- Malte Lübker & Graham Smith & John Weeks, 2002. "Growth and the poor: a comment on Dollar and Kraay," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 555-571.
- London, Andrew S. & Schwartz, Saul & Scott, Ellen K., 2007. "Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Data in Welfare Policy Evaluations in the United States," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 342-353, February.
- Fay, Marianne & Leipziger, Danny & Wodon, Quentin & Yepes, Tito, 2005. "Achieving child-health-related Millennium Development Goals: The role of infrastructure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1267-1284, August.
- Easterly, William, 2001.
"The Effect of IMF and World Bank Programmes on Poverty,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
102, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- William Easterly, 2010. "The Effect of IMF and World Bank Programmes on Poverty," Working Papers id:3193, eSocialSciences.
- Feler, Leo & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2011. "Exclusionary policies in urban development: Under-servicing migrant households in Brazilian cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 253-272, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1999. "Commodities and Capabilities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195650389.
- Aiga, Hirotsugu & Umenai, Takusei, 2002. "Impact of improvement of water supply on household economy in a squatter area of Manila," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 627-641, August.
- Schillebeeckx, Simon J.D. & Parikh, Priti & Bansal, Rahul & George, Gerard, 2012. "An integrated framework for rural electrification: Adopting a user-centric approach to business model development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 687-697.
- Gerard George & Anita M. McGahan & Jaideep Prabhu, 2012. "Innovation for Inclusive Growth: Towards a Theoretical Framework and a Research Agenda," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 661-683, June.
- Dercon, Stefan & Singh, Abhijeet, 2013. "From Nutrition to Aspirations and Self-Efficacy: Gender Bias over Time among Children in Four Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 31-50.
- Asthana, Sheena, 1995. "Variations in poverty and health between slum settlements: Contradictory findings from Visakhapatnam, India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 177-188, January.
- Lall, Somik V. & Lundberg, Mattias K.A. & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2008. "Implications of alternate policies on welfare of slum dwellers: Evidence from Pune, India," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 56-73, January.
- Gulyani, Sumila & Talukdar, Debabrata, 2008. "Slum Real Estate: The Low-Quality High-Price Puzzle in Nairobi's Slum Rental Market and its Implications for Theory and Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1916-1937, October.
- Butala, Neel M. & VanRooyen, Michael J. & Patel, Ronak Bhailal, 2010. "Improved health outcomes in urban slums through infrastructure upgrading," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(5), pages 935-940, September.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi & Ramirez, Maria Teresa, 2003. "Institutions, infrastructure, and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 443-477, April.
- Floro, Maria Sagrario & Bali Swain, Ranjula, 2013.
"Food Security, Gender, and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 89-99.
- Maria Floro & Ranjula Bali Swain, 2010. "Food Security, Gender and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households," Working Papers 2010-06, American University, Department of Economics.
- Maria S. Floro & Ranjula Bali Swain, 2010. "Food Security, Gender and Occupational Choice among Urban Low-Income Households," Working Papers 2010-20, American University, Department of Economics.
- Whittington, Dale & Mu, Xinming & Roche, Robert, 1990. "Calculating the value of time spent collecting water: Some estimates for Ukunda, Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 269-280, February.
- Luis Serven & CÃ©sar Calderon, 2004. "The Effects of Infrastructure Development on Growth and income," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 173, Econometric Society.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raul F. C. Miranda & Carolina Grottera & Mario Giampietro, 2016. "Understanding slums: analysis of the metabolic pattern of the Vidigal favela in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(5), pages 1297-1322, October.
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2017.
"Does Large-Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda’s Electricity Access Roll-Out Program,"
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 88-110.
- Lenz, Luciane & Munyehirwe, Anicet & Peters, Jörg & Sievert, Maximiliane, 2015. "Does Large Scale Infrastructure Investment Alleviate Poverty? Impacts of Rwanda's Electricity Access Roll-Out Program," Ruhr Economic Papers 555, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:109:y:2018:i:c:p:42-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:106:y:2018:i:c:p:99-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Birhanu, Mulugeta Y. & Ambaw, Birhanu & Mulu, Yohannis, 2017. "Dynamics of multidimensional child poverty and its triggers: Evidence from Ethiopia using Multilevel Mixed Effect Model," MPRA Paper 79377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Taha Zaghdoudi & Abdelaziz Hakimi, 2017. "Does external debt- poverty relationship confirm the debtoverhang hypothesis for developing counties?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 37(2), pages 653-665.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; slums; infrastructure; gender; poverty; health;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:66:y:2015:i:c:p:468-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.