Transportation planning and quality of life: Where do they intersect?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Yingling & Guthrie, Andrew E & Levinson, David M, 2012.
"Impact of light rail implementation on labor market accessibility: A transportation equity perspective,"
The Journal of Transport and Land Use,
Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 5(3), pages 28-39.
- Yingling Fan & Andrew Guthrie & David Levinson, 2010. "Impact of Light Rail Implementation on Labor Market Accessibility: A Transportation Equity Perspective," Working Papers 000079, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- André Duarte & Camila Garcia & Grigoris Giannarakis & Susana Limão & Amalia Polydoropoulou & Nikolaos Litinas, 2010. "New approaches in transportation planning: happiness and transport economics," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 5-32, April.
- Farquhar, Morag, 1995. "Elderly people's definitions of quality of life," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 1439-1446, November.
- Alois Stutzer & Bruno S. Frey, 2008.
"Stress that Doesn't Pay: The Commuting Paradox,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(2), pages 339-366, June.
- Alois Stutzer & Bruno S. Frey, "undated". "Stress That Doesn't Pay: The Commuting Paradox," IEW - Working Papers 151, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Stutzer, Alois & Frey, Bruno S., 2004. "Stress That Doesn't Pay: The Commuting Paradox," IZA Discussion Papers 1278, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Sirgy & Alex Michalos & Abbott Ferriss & Richard Easterlin & Donald Patrick & William Pavot, 2006. "The Qualityity-of-Life (QOL) Research Movement: Past, Present, and Future," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 76(3), pages 343-466, May.
- Louise Reardon & Saamah Abdallah, 2013. "Well-being and Transport: Taking Stock and Looking Forward," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 634-657, November.
- Almedom, Astier M., 2005. "Social capital and mental health: An interdisciplinary review of primary evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(5), pages 943-964, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2012.301043_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ettema, Dick & Gärling, Tommy & Olsson, Lars E. & Friman, Margareta, 2010. "Out-of-home activities, daily travel, and subjective well-being," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 723-732, November.
- Oswald, Andrew J. & Wu, Stephen, 2010. "Objective Confirmation of Subjective Measures of Human Well-being: Evidence from the USA," IZA Discussion Papers 4695, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stanley, John K. & Hensher, David A. & Stanley, Janet R. & Vella-Brodrick, Dianne, 2011. "Mobility, social exclusion and well-being: Exploring the links," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 789-801, October.
- M. Sirgy & Terri Cornwell, 2002. "How Neighborhood Features Affect Quality of Life," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 59(1), pages 79-114, July.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2009.189324_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sonja Drobnič & Barbara Beham & Patrick Präg, 2010. "Good Job, Good Life? Working Conditions and Quality of Life in Europe," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 205-225, November.
- Lars Olsson & Tommy Gärling & Dick Ettema & Margareta Friman & Satoshi Fujii, 2013. "Happiness and Satisfaction with Work Commute," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 111(1), pages 255-263, March.
- Sener, Ipek N. & Reeder, Phillip R., 2014. "An integrated analysis of workers’ physically active activity and active travel choice behavior," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 381-393.
- Jason Cao, 2013. "The association between light rail transit and satisfactions with travel and life: evidence from Twin Cities," Transportation, Springer, vol. 40(5), pages 921-933, September.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:19:y:2011:i:5:p:1037-1045 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:31:y:2013:i:c:p:113-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Georg Gottholmseder & Klaus Nowotny & Gerald J. Pruckner & Engelbert Theurl, 2009. "Stress perception and commuting," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 559-576.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2013.301696_0 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:66:y:2018:i:c:p:116-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:trapol:v:57:y:2017:i:c:p:79-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:trapol:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:174-180 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsQuality of life; Long-range transportation planning; Metropolitan planning organizations; Health; Well-being;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:48:y:2016:i:c:p:146-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.