Logistics and economic development: Experience from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Lars-Hendrik Roller & Leonard Waverman, 2001.
"Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 909-923, September.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Leonard Waverman, 1996. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CIG Working Papers FS IV 96-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Röller, Lars-Hendrik & Waverman, Leonard, 2000. "Telecommunications Infrastructure And Economic Development: A Simultaneous Approach," CEPR Discussion Papers 2399, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fleisher, Belton M. & Chen, Jian, 1997. "The Coast-Noncoast Income Gap, Productivity, and Regional Economic Policy in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 220-236, October.
- Rietveld, Piet, 1989. "Infrastructure and Regional Development: A Survey of Multiregional Economic Models," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 23(4), pages 255-274.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie, 2008. "Regional road development, rural and urban poverty: Evidence from China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 305-314, September.
- Hong, Junjie, 2007. "Transport and the location of foreign logistics firms: The Chinese experience," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 597-609, July.
- Bloch, Harry & Rafiq, Shuddhasattwa & Salim, Ruhul, 2012. "Coal consumption, CO2 emission and economic growth in China: Empirical evidence and policy responses," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 518-528.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Cadot, Olivier & Roller, Lars-Hendrik & Stephan, Andreas, 2006.
"Contribution to productivity or pork barrel? The two faces of infrastructure investment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1133-1153, August.
- Olivier Cadot & Lars-Hendrik Röller & Andreas Stephan, 2002. "Contribution to Productivity or Pork Barrel? The Two Faces of Infrastructure Investment," CIG Working Papers FS IV 02-09, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Olivier Cadot & Lars-Hendrik Röller & Andreas Stephan, 2004. "Contribution to Productivity or Pork Barrel?: The Two Faces of Infrastructure Investment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 458, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- John G. Fernald, 1999.
"Roads to Prosperity? Assessing the Link between Public Capital and Productivity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 619-638, June.
- John G. Fernald, 1997. "Roads to prosperity? assessing the link between public capital and productivity," International Finance Discussion Papers 592, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ciccone, Antonio & Hall, Robert E, 1996.
"Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 54-70, March.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1993. "Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 4313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1995. "Productivity and the density of economic activity," Economics Working Papers 120, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Rosina Moreno Serrano & Manuel Artis Ortuno & Enrique Lopez Bazo & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1997. "Evidence on the complex link between infrastructure and regional growth," Working Papers in Economics 19, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Joseph Berechman & Dilruba Ozmen & Kaan Ozbay, 2006. "Empirical analysis of transportation investment and economic development at state, county and municipality levels," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(6), pages 537-551, November.
- Gunasekera, Kumudu & Anderson, William & Lakshmanan, T.R., 2008. "Highway-Induced Development: Evidence from Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2371-2389, November.
- Shuanglin Lin, 2001. "Public Infrastructure Development in China," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 83-109, July.
- Baldwin, Richard E & Forslid, Rikard, 2000. "The Core-Periphery Model and Endogenous Growth: Stabilizing and Destabilizing Integration," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(267), pages 307-324, August.
- Sturm, Jan-egbert & Jacobs, Jan & Groote, Peter, 1999. "Output Effects of Infrastructure Investment in the Netherlands, 1853-1913," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 355-380, April.
- Canning, David & Bennathan, Esra, 2000. "The social rate of return on infrastructure investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2390, The World Bank.
- Junjie Hong & Zhaofang Chu & Qiang Wang, 2011. "Transport infrastructure and regional economic growth: evidence from China," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(5), pages 737-752, September.
- Yamaguchi, Katsuhiro, 2007. "Inter-regional air transport accessibility and macro-economic performance in Japan," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 247-258, May.
- Demurger, Sylvie, 2001. "Infrastructure Development and Economic Growth: An Explanation for Regional Disparities in China?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-117, March.
- Andrzej Cieślik & Magdalena Kaniewska, 2004. "Telecommunications Infrastructure and Regional Economic Development: The Case of Poland," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 713-725.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Schwartz, Amy Ellen, 1995.
"Infrastructure in a structural model of economic growth,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 131-151, April.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Amy Ellen Schwartz, 1994. "Infrastructure in a Structural Model of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 4824, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shirley, Chad & Winston, Clifford, 2004. "Firm inventory behavior and the returns from highway infrastructure investments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 398-415, March.
- Seitz, Helmut, 1994. "Public capital and the demand for private inputs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 287-307, June.
- Oh, Wankeun & Lee, Kihoon, 2004. "Causal relationship between energy consumption and GDP revisited: the case of Korea 1970-1999," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 51-59, January.
- Somik Lall, 2007. "Infrastructure and regional growth, growth dynamics and policy relevance for India," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(3), pages 581-599, September.
- Alice Shiu & Pun-Lee Lam, 2008. "Causal Relationship between Telecommunications and Economic Growth in China and its Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 705-718.
- Otto, Glenn & Voss, Graham, 1996. "Public Capital and Private Production in Australia," MPRA Paper 52110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mody, Ashoka & Wang, Fang-Yi, 1997. "Explaining Industrial Growth in Coastal China: Economic Reforms . . . and What Else?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 293-325, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arvin, Mak B. & Pradhan, Rudra P. & Norman, Neville R., 2015. "Transportation intensity, urbanization, economic growth, and CO2 emissions in the G-20 countries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 50-66.
- Rehman Khan, Syed Abdul & Qianli, Dong & SongBo, Wei & Zaman, Khalid & Zhang, Yu, 2017. "Travel and tourism competitiveness index: The impact of air transportation, railways transportation, travel and transport services on international inbound and outbound tourism," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 125-134.
- Özceylan, Eren & Çetinkaya, Cihan & Erbaş, Mehmet & Kabak, Mehmet, 2016. "Logistic performance evaluation of provinces in Turkey: A GIS-based multi-criteria decision analysis," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 323-337.
- Lun, Y.H. Venus & Shang, Kuo-chung & Lai, Kee-hung & Cheng, T.C.E., 2016. "Examining the influence of organizational capability in innovative business operations and the mediation of profitability on customer satisfaction: An application in intermodal transport operators in ," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P2), pages 179-188.
- Fan Xiao & Zhi-Hua Hu & Ke-Xin Wang & Pei-Hua Fu, 2015. "Spatial Distribution of Energy Consumption and Carbon Emission of Regional Logistics," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-20, July.
- Önsel Ekici, Şule & Kabak, Özgür & Ülengin, Füsun, 2016. "Linking to compete: Logistics and global competitiveness interaction," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 117-128.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:73:y:2018:i:c:p:120-130 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2018:i:1:p:67-:d:192688 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:retrec:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:69-82 is not listed on IDEAS
- Venus Lun, Y.H. & Lai, Kee-hung & Wong, Christina W.Y. & Cheng, T.C.E., 2015. "Greening propensity and performance implications for logistics service providers," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 50-62.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:61:y:2018:i:c:p:17-25 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLogistics; Economic development; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:32:y:2014:i:c:p:96-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.