Regional road development, rural and urban poverty: Evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Canning, David & Bennathan, Esra, 2000. "The social rate of return on infrastructure investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2390, The World Bank.
- Fan, Shenggan & Pardey, Philip G., 1997. "Research, productivity, and output growth in Chinese agriculture," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 115-137, June.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 177-200.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Khandker, Shahidur R. & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1993.
"How infrastructure and financial institutions affect agricultural output and investment in India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 337-366, August.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Khandker, Shahidur R & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1989. "How infrastructure and financial institutions affect agricultural output and investment in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 163, The World Bank.
- Fan, Shenggen & Fang, Cheng & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001.
"How Agricultural Research Affects Urban Poverty In Developing Countries? The Case Of China,"
2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL
20636, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fan, Shenggen & Fang, Cheng & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001. "How agricultural research affects urban poverty in developing countries: the case of China," EPTD discussion papers 83, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Demurger, Sylvie, 2001. "Infrastructure Development and Economic Growth: An Explanation for Regional Disparities in China?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-117, March.
- Shuanglin Lin & Shunfeng Song, 2002. "Urban Economic Growth in China: Theory and Evidence," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(12), pages 2251-2266, November.
- World Bank, 2000. "China," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22901, The World Bank.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2002. "Growth, inequality, and poverty in rural China: the role of public investments," Research reports 125, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Khan, Azizur Rahman & Riskin, Carl, 2001. "Inequality and Poverty in China in the Age of Globalization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195136494.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sergio, 1993.
"Fiscal policy and economic growth: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 417-458, December.
- William Easterly & Sergio Rebelo, 1993. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 4499, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Easterly, William & Rebelo, Sérgio, 1994. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation," CEPR Discussion Papers 885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antle, John M, 1983. "Infrastructure and Aggregate Agricultural Productivity: International Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 609-619, April.
- Binswanger, Hans & Yang, Maw-Cheng & Bowers, Alan & Mundlak, Yair, 1987.
"On the determinants of cross-country aggregate agricultural supply,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 111-131.
- Ratner, Jonathan B., 1983. "Government capital and the production function for U.S. private output," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 213-217.
- Benziger, Vincent, 1993. "China's rural road system during the reform period," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:152:y:2017:i:c:p:119-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Winters, L. Alan, 2014. "Globalization, Infrastructure, and Inclusive Growth," ADBI Working Papers 464, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Sevgi Sezer & Tezcan Abasiz, 2017. "The Impact Of Logistics Industry On Economic Growth: An Application In Oecd Countries," Eurasian Journal of Social Sciences, Eurasian Publications, vol. 5(1), pages 11-23.
- Hooi Lean, Hooi & Huang, Wei & Hong, Junjie, 2014. "Logistics and economic development: Experience from China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 96-104.
- repec:eee:transa:v:100:y:2017:i:c:p:319-336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khalid Sekkat, 2013. "Does Infrastructure Mitigate the Effect of Urban Concentration on Poverty in Developing Countries?," Working Papers 800, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2013.
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 2014.
"Food security policy options for China: Lessons from other countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 50-58.
- Kym Anderson & Anna Strutt, 2014. "Food security policy options for China: lessons from other countries," Departmental Working Papers 2014-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Muhammad Halley Yudhistira & Yusuf Sofyandi, 2016. "Seaport Status, Access, and Regional Development in Indonesia," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201601, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised May 2016.
- Lindy Charlery & Martin R. Nielsen & Henrik Meilby & Carsten Smith-Hall, 2016. "Effects of New Roads on Environmental Resource Use in the Central Himalaya," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-20, April.
- Tsun Se Cheong & Yanrui Wu, 2013. "Globalization and Regional Inequality," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 13-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Kelly, Charlotte & Laird, James & Costantini, Stefano & Richards, Phil & Carbajo, José & Nellthorp, John, 2015. "Ex post appraisal: What lessons can be learnt from EU cohesion funded transport projects?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 83-91.
- Xu, Meng & Grant-Muller, Susan & Gao, Ziyou, 2015. "Evolution and assessment of economic regulatory policies for expressway infrastructure in China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 42-49.
- Komarek, Adam M. & Waldron, Scott A. & Brown, Colin G., 2012. "An exploration of livestock-development policies in western China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 12-20.
- Sun, Zhentian & Li, Xuhong & Qiao, Wenxin & Haghani, Ali, 2013. "Entropy-based performance evaluation on institutional structures of trunk highway management—Case study in China," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 85-91.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:24-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:363:d:68149 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRural roads Urban roads Economic growth Poverty China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:15:y:2008:i:5:p:305-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.