Forecasting the demand for an employee Park and Ride service using commuters' stated choices
This paper uses Stated Choice (SC) data to forecast the demand for an employee Park and Ride service. Since it is well known that SC data contain sources of variation not present in Revealed Preference data we pay special attention to the scaling of the SC model. The results show that the modal shift away from parking-on site will be small unless the new service is accompanied by measures aimed at making parking on-site less attractive such as introducing parking charges.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, November.
- Johnson, Eric J & Meyer, Robert J, 1984. " Compensatory Choice Models of Noncompensatory Processes: The Effect of Varying Context," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 528-41, June.
- Kenneth Train, 2003.
"Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation,"
Online economics textbooks,
SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number emetr2, December.
- Shoup, Donald C., 1997. "The High Cost of Free Parking," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt25w617n7, University of California Transportation Center.
- Shoup, Donald C., 1997. "The High Cost of Free Parking," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4vz087cc, University of California Transportation Center.
- Arne R. Hole & Felix R. FitzRoy, 2003. "Commuting in small towns in rural areas: the case of St Andrews," Urban/Regional 0312001, EconWPA, revised 12 Apr 2004.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:11:y:2004:i:4:p:355-362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.