A flexible spatially dependent discrete choice model: Formulation and application to teenagers' weekday recreational activity participation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Páez, 2007. "Spatial perspectives on urban systems: developments and directions," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 1-6, April.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2000. "A multi-level cross-classified model for discrete response variables," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 567-582, September.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Eluru, Naveen, 2009. "A copula-based approach to accommodate residential self-selection effects in travel behavior modeling," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 749-765, August.
- Cristiano Varin & Paolo Vidoni, 2009. "Pairwise Likelihood Inference for General State Space Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1-3), pages 170-185.
- N. Rao Chaganty & Harry Joe, 2004. "Efficiency of generalized estimating equations for binary responses," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(4), pages 851-860, November.
- Cristiano Varin, 2008. "On composite marginal likelihoods," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 92(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Cristiano Varin & Paolo Vidoni, 2005. "A note on composite likelihood inference and model selection," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(3), pages 519-528, September.
- repec:sae:ecolab:v:16:y:2006:i:2:p:1-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kurt J. Beron & James C. Murdoch & Wim P. M. Vijverberg, 2003. "Why Cooperate? Public Goods, Economic Power, and the Montreal Protocol," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(2), pages 286-297, May.
- Pinkse, Joris & Slade, Margaret E., 1998. "Contracting in space: An application of spatial statistics to discrete-choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 125-154, July.
- Robin Henderson, 2003. "A serially correlated gamma frailty model for longitudinal count data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(2), pages 355-366, June.
- Rachel Copperman & Chandra Bhat, 2007. "An analysis of the determinants of children’s weekend physical activity participation," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 67-87, January.
- Trivedi, Pravin K. & Zimmer, David M., 2007. "Copula Modeling: An Introduction for Practitioners," Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics, now publishers, vol. 1(1), pages 1-111, April.
- Kjersti Aas & Daniel Berg, 2009. "Models for construction of multivariate dependence - a comparison study," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7-8), pages 639-659.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Guo, Jessica Y., 2007. "A comprehensive analysis of built environment characteristics on household residential choice and auto ownership levels," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 506-526, June.
- Guan, Yongtao, 2006. "A Composite Likelihood Approach in Fitting Spatial Point Process Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1502-1512, December.
- Ipek Sener & Rachel Copperman & Ram Pendyala & Chandra Bhat, 2008. "An analysis of children’s leisure activity engagement: examining the day of week, location, physical activity level, and fixity dimensions," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 673-696, August.
- John J. Hanfelt, 2004. "Composite conditional likelihood for sparse clustered data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 259-273, February.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2003. "Simulation estimation of mixed discrete choice models using randomized and scrambled Halton sequences," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 837-855, November.
- Varin, Cristiano & Vidoni, Paolo, 2006. "Pairwise likelihood inference for ordinal categorical time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2365-2373, December.
- Varin, Cristiano & Host, Gudmund & Skare, Oivind, 2005. "Pairwise likelihood inference in spatial generalized linear mixed models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1173-1191, June.
- de Leon, A.R., 2005. "Pairwise likelihood approach to grouped continuous model and its extension," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 49-57, November.
- Chandra Bhat & Ipek Sener, 2009. "A copula-based closed-form binary logit choice model for accommodating spatial correlation across observational units," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 243-272, September.
- Nils Lid Hjort & Cristiano Varin, 2008. "ML, PL, QL in Markov Chain Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 35(1), pages 64-82, March.
- A S Fotheringham, 1983. "Some theoretical aspects of destination choice and their relevance to production-constrained gravity models," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 15(8), pages 1121-1132, August.
- Caragea, Petruta C. & Smith, Richard L., 2007. "Asymptotic properties of computationally efficient alternative estimators for a class of multivariate normal models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(7), pages 1417-1440, August.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Srinivasan, Sivaramakrishnan & Sen, Sudeshna, 2006. "A joint model for the perfect and imperfect substitute goods case: Application to activity time-use decisions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 827-850, December.
- D. R. Cox, 2004. "A note on pseudolikelihood constructed from marginal densities," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 91(3), pages 729-737, September.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2008. "The multiple discrete-continuous extreme value (MDCEV) model: Role of utility function parameters, identification considerations, and model extensions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 274-303, March.
More about this item
KeywordsSpatial econometrics Copula Composite marginal likelihood (CML) inference approach Children's activity Public health Physical activity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transb:v:44:y::i:8-9:p:903-921. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/548/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.