An analysis of the determinants of children’s weekend physical activity participation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:9:1509-1516_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2003. "Simulation estimation of mixed discrete choice models using randomized and scrambled Halton sequences," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 837-855, November.
- Colin Black & Alan Collins & Martin Snell, 2001. "Encouraging Walking: The Case of Journey-to-school Trips in Compact Urban Areas," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(7), pages 1121-1141, June.
- Sallis, James F. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Kraft, M. Katherine, 2004. "Active transportation and physical activity: opportunities for collaboration on transportation and public health research," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 249-268, May.
- Chandra Bhat & Frank Koppelman, 1999. "A retrospective and prospective survey of time-use research," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 119-139, May.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Srinivasan, Sivaramakrishnan & Sen, Sudeshna, 2006. "A joint model for the perfect and imperfect substitute goods case: Application to activity time-use decisions," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 827-850, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- van Loon, Josh & Frank, Lawrence D. & Nettlefold, Lindsay & Naylor, Patti-Jean, 2014. "Youth physical activity and the neighbourhood environment: Examining correlates and the role of neighbourhood definition," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 107-115.
- Elias, Wafa & Katoshevski-Cavari, Rachel, 2014. "The role of socio-economic and environmental characteristics in school-commuting behavior: A comparative study of Jewish and Arab children in Israel," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 79-87.
- Jäggi, Boris & Weis, Claude & Axhausen, Kay W., 2013. "Stated response and multiple discrete-continuous choice models: Analyses of residuals," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 44-59.
- Ipek Sener & Rachel Copperman & Ram Pendyala & Chandra Bhat, 2008. "An analysis of children’s leisure activity engagement: examining the day of week, location, physical activity level, and fixity dimensions," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(5), pages 673-696, August.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Sener, Ipek N. & Eluru, Naveen, 2010. "A flexible spatially dependent discrete choice model: Formulation and application to teenagers' weekday recreational activity participation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(8-9), pages 903-921, September.
- Pinjari, Abdul Rawoof & Bhat, Chandra R. & Hensher, David A., 2009. "Residential self-selection effects in an activity time-use behavior model," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 729-748, August.
- repec:eee:transa:v:103:y:2017:i:c:p:362-376 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chandra Bhat & Ipek Sener, 2009. "A copula-based closed-form binary logit choice model for accommodating spatial correlation across observational units," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 243-272, September.
- Bhat, Chandra R. & Pinjari, Abdul R. & Dubey, Subodh K. & Hamdi, Amin S., 2016. "On accommodating spatial interactions in a Generalized Heterogeneous Data Model (GHDM) of mixed types of dependent variables," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 240-263.
- Lin, Jen-Jia & Yu, Tzu-Pen, 2011. "Built environment effects on leisure travel for children: Trip generation and travel mode," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 246-258, January.
- Abdul Rawoof Pinjari & Chandra R. Bhat, 2011. "Activity-based Travel Demand Analysis," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tal, Gil & Handy, Susan L, 2008. "Childrenâ€™s Bicycling to After-School Activities: The Case of the Davis AYSO Bike-to-Soccer Program," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt9rm842st, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
More about this item
KeywordsChildren’s physical activity; Children’s time use; Weekend activity–travel behavior; Built environment; Non-motorized travel;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:34:y:2007:i:1:p:67-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .