Capitalization of BRT network expansions effects into prices of non-expansion areas
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Economides, 1997.
"The Economics of Networks,"
Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics,
Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 1(0), December.
- McDonald, John F. & Osuji, Clifford I., 1995. "The effect of anticipated transportation improvement on residential land values," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 261-278, June.
- Robert Armstrong & Daniel Rodríguez, 2006. "An Evaluation of the Accessibility Benefits of Commuter Rail in Eastern Massachusetts using Spatial Hedonic Price Functions," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 21-43, January.
- Bae, Chang-Hee Christine & Jun, Myung-Jin & Park, Hyeon, 2003. "The impact of Seoul's subway Line 5 on residential property values," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 85-94, April.
- Daniel P. McMillen & John McDonald, 2004. "Reaction of House Prices to a New Rapid Transit Line: Chicago's Midway Line, 1983-1999," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 463-486, September.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Ghebreegziabiher Debrezion & Eric Pels & Piet Rietveld, 2007.
"The Impact of Railway Stations on Residential and Commercial Property Value: A Meta-analysis,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 161-180, August.
- Ghebreegziabiher Debrezion & Eric Pels & Piet Rietveld, 2004. "The Impact of Railway Stations on Residential and Commercial Property Value: a Meta Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-023/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Anselin, Luc & Getis, Arthur, 1992. "Spatial Statistical Analysis and Geographic Information Systems," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(1), pages 19-33, April.
- Strange, William, 1992. "Overlapping neighborhoods and housing externalities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 17-39, July.
- Francisco Martínez & Claudio Araya, 2000. "Transport and land-use benefits under location externalities," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(9), pages 1611-1624, September.
- Juan Carlos Mendieta & Jorge Andrés Perdomo, 2007. "Especificación y estimación de un modelo de precios hedónico espacial para evaluar el impacto de Transmilenio sobre el valor de la propiedad en Bogotá," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 004280, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Stephen Malpezzi, "undated". "Hedonic Pricing Models: A Selective and Applied Review," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 02-05, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen, 2005.
"Valuing rail access using transport innovations,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 148-169, January.
- Steve Gibbons & Stephen Machin, 2004. "Valuing Rail Access Using Transport Innovations," CEP Discussion Papers dp0611, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen, 2004. "Valuing rail access using transport innovations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19989, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Martínez, Francisco J., 1995. "Access: The transport-land use economic link," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 457-470, December.
- Kennedy, Peter E, 1981. "Estimation with Correctly Interpreted Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations [The Interpretation of Dummy Variables in Semilogarithmic Equations]," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 801-801, September.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Cheshire, Paul & Sheppard, Stephen, 1998. "Estimating the Demand for Housing, Land, and Neighbourhood Characteristics," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(3), pages 357-382, August.
- John D. Benjamin & G. Stacy Sirmans, 1996. "Mass Transportation, Apartment Rent and Property Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(1), pages 1-8.
- Jin Kim & Ming Zhang, 2005. "Determining Transit’s Impact on Seoul Commercial Land Values: An Application of Spatial Econometrics," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 8(1), pages 1-26.
- Michael L. Katz & Carl Shapiro, 1994. "Systems Competition and Network Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 93-115, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodriguez, Daniel A. & Vergel-Tovar, Erik & Camargo, William F., 2016. "Land development impacts of BRT in a sample of stops in Quito and Bogotá," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 4-14.
- Dubé, Jean & Rosiers, François Des & Thériault, Marius & Dib, Patricia, 2011. "Economic impact of a supply change in mass transit in urban areas: A Canadian example," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 46-62, January.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:60:y:2016:i:c:p:54-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitra, Suman K. & Saphores, Jean-Daniel M., 2016. "The value of transportation accessibility in a least developed country city – The case of Rajshahi City, Bangladesh," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 184-200.
- Deng, Taotao & Nelson, John D., 2013. "Bus Rapid Transit implementation in Beijing: An evaluation of performance and impacts," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 108-113.
- Delmelle, Elizabeth Cahill & Casas, Irene, 2012. "Evaluating the spatial equity of bus rapid transit-based accessibility patterns in a developing country: The case of Cali, Colombia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 36-46.
- Dubé, Jean & Legros, Diègo & Thériault, Marius & Des Rosiers, François, 2014.
"A spatial Difference-in-Differences estimator to evaluate the effect of change in public mass transit systems on house prices,"
Transportation Research Part B: Methodological,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 24-40.
- Jean Dubé & Diego Legros & Marius Thériault & François Des Rosiers, 2014. "A Spatial Difference-in-Differences Estimator to Evaluate the Effect of Change in Public Mass Transit Systems on House Prices," Post-Print halshs-01227236, HAL.
- Luca D’Acci, 2014. "Monetary, Subjective and Quantitative Approaches to Assess Urban Quality of Life and Pleasantness in Cities (Hedonic Price, Willingness-to-Pay, Positional Value, Life Satisfaction, Isobenefit Lines)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 115(2), pages 531-559, January.
- McIntosh, James & Trubka, Roman & Newman, Peter, 2014. "Can value capture work in a car dependent city? Willingness to pay for transit access in Perth, Western Australia," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 320-339.
- Mathur, Shishir & Ferrell, Christopher, 2013. "Measuring the impact of sub-urban transit-oriented developments on single-family home values," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 42-55.
- Mulley, Corinne & Tsai, Chi-Hong (Patrick), 2016. "When and how much does new transport infrastructure add to property values? Evidence from the bus rapid transit system in Sydney, Australia," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 15-23.
- Papon, Francis & Nguyen-Luong, Dany & Boucq, Elise, 2015. "Should any new light rail line provide real estate gains, or not? The case of the T3 line in Paris," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 43-54.
- Thomas de Graaff & Ghebreegziabiher Debrezion & Piet Rietveld, 2012. "The impact of accessibility on house prices: an application to large urban planning and infrastructure projects in the Netherlands," Chapters,in: Accessibility Analysis and Transport Planning, chapter 9, pages 154-172 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Cervero, Robert & Dai, Danielle, 2014. "BRT TOD: Leveraging transit oriented development with bus rapid transit investments," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 127-138.
More about this item
KeywordsBus rapid transit Hedonic model Network expansion effects Mass transit Value capture;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:43:y:2009:i:5:p:560-571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.