Business models dynamics and business ecosystems in the emerging 3D printing industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Berman, Barry, 2012. "3-D printing: The new industrial revolution," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 155-162.
- Morris, Michael & Schindehutte, Minet & Allen, Jeffrey, 2005. "The entrepreneur's business model: toward a unified perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 726-735, June.
- Martin Kenney & Bryan Pon, 2011. "Structuring the Smartphone Industry: Is the Mobile Internet OS Platform the Key?," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 239-261, September.
- B. Demil & X. Lecocq, 2010. "Business model evolution : in search of dynamic consistency," Post-Print hal-00572915, HAL.
- Henry Chesbrough & Richard S. Rosenbloom, 2002. "The role of the business model in capturing value from innovation: evidence from Xerox Corporation's technology spin-off companies," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 529-555, June.
- Parente, Ronaldo C. & Geleilate, José-Mauricio G. & Rong, Ke, 2018. "The Sharing Economy Globalization Phenomenon: A Research Agenda," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 52-64.
- Nicolas Dahan & Jonathan P. Doh & Jennifer Oetzel & Michael Yaziji, 2010. "Corporate-NGO Collaboration: Co-creating New Business Models for Developing Markets," Post-Print hal-00565517, HAL.
- West, Joel & Kuk, George, 2016. "The complementarity of openness: How MakerBot leveraged Thingiverse in 3D printing," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 169-181.
- Rong, Ke & Wu, Jinxi & Shi, Yongjiang & Guo, Liang, 2015. "Nurturing business ecosystems for growth in a foreign market: Incubating, identifying and integrating stakeholders," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 293-308.
- Kenney, Martin & Pon, Bryan, 2011. "Structuring the Smartphone Industry. Is the Mobile Internet OS Platform the Key?," Discussion Papers 1238, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Christoph Zott & Raphael Amit, 2007. "Business Model Design and the Performance of Entrepreneurial Firms," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(2), pages 181-199, April.
- Rong, Ke & Hu, Guangyu & Lin, Yong & Shi, Yongjiang & Guo, Liang, 2015. "Understanding business ecosystem using a 6C framework in Internet-of-Things-based sectors," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 41-55.
- Michael A. Cusumano & Steven J. Kahl & Fernando F. Suarez, 2015. "Services, industry evolution, and the competitive strategies of product firms," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 559-575, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chammassian, Raffi Gabriel & Sabatier, Valerie, 2020. "The role of costs in business model design for early-stage technology startups," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 157(C).
- Kapoor, Kawaljeet & Ziaee Bigdeli, Ali & Dwivedi, Yogesh K. & Schroeder, Andreas & Beltagui, Ahmad & Baines, Tim, 2021. "A socio-technical view of platform ecosystems: Systematic review and research agenda," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 94-108.
- Phillips, Mark A. & Ritala, Paavo, 2019. "A complex adaptive systems agenda for ecosystem research methodology," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marko Peric & Jelena Durkin & Vanja Vitezic, 2017. "The Constructs of a Business Model Redefined: A Half-Century Journey," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(3), pages 21582440177, September.
- Xuerong Li & Han Qiao & Shouyang Wang, 2017. "Exploring evolution and emerging trends in business model study: a co-citation analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 111(2), pages 869-887, May.
- Randhawa, Krithika & Wilden, Ralf & Gudergan, Siegfried, 2021. "How to innovate toward an ambidextrous business model? The role of dynamic capabilities and market orientation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 618-634.
- Clinton, Eric & McAdam, Maura & Gamble, Jordan Robert, 2018. "Transgenerational entrepreneurial family firms: An examination of the business model construct," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 269-285.
- Arash Rezazadeh & Ana Carvalho, 2018. "A value-based approach to business model innovation: Defining the elements of the concept," NIPE Working Papers 12/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Rayna, Thierry & Striukova, Ludmila, 2021. "Assessing the effect of 3D printing technologies on entrepreneurship: An exploratory study," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 164(C).
- Anna-Greta Nyström & Miia Mustonen, 2017. "The dynamic approach to business models," AMS Review, Springer;Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 7(3), pages 123-137, December.
- Belussi, Fiorenza & Orsi, Luigi & Savarese, Maria, 2019. "Mapping Business Model Research: A Document Bibliometric Analysis," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(3).
- Sarel Gronum & John Steen & Martie-Louise Verreynne, 2016. "Business model design and innovation: Unlocking the performance benefits of innovation," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 41(3), pages 585-605, August.
- Matthias Filser & Sascha Kraus & Matthias Breier & Ioanna Nenova & Kaisu Puumalainen, 2021. "Business model innovation: Identifying foundations and trajectories," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(2), pages 891-907, February.
- Harry Bouwman & Mark Reuver & Marikka Heikkilä & Erwin Fielt, 2020. "Business model tooling: where research and practice meet," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 30(3), pages 413-419, September.
- Ales Novak, 2014. "Business Model Literature Overview," FINANCIAL REPORTING, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(1), pages 79-130.
- Raphaël Maucuer & Alexandre Renaud, 2019. "Business Model Research: A Bibliometric Analysis of Origins and Trends," Post-Print hal-01918188, HAL.
- Burmeister, & Lüttgens, & Piller,, 2016. "Business Model Innovation for Industrie 4.0: Why the "Industrial Internet" Mandates a New Perspective on Innovation," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 70(2), pages 124-152.
- Payam Hanafizadeh & Mohammad Mehrabioun & Kambiz Badie & Jahanyar Bamdad Soofi, 2018. "A Systemic Framework for Business Model Design and Development -Part A: Theorizing Perspective," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 437-461, August.
- Mark Loon & Roy Chik, 2019. "Efficiency-centered, innovation-enabling business models of high tech SMEs: Evidence from Hong Kong," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 87-111, March.
- Rong, Ke & Shi, Yongjiang & Shang, Tianjiao & Chen, Yantai & Hao, Han, 2017. "Organizing business ecosystems in emerging electric vehicle industry: Structure, mechanism, and integrated configuration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 234-247.
- Harry Bouwman & Mark Reuver & Marikka Heikkilä & Erwin Fielt, 0. "Business model tooling: where research and practice meet," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 0, pages 1-7.
- Ke Rong & Yong Lin & Boyi Li & Thommie Burström & Lynne Butel & Jiang Yu, 2018. "Business ecosystem research agenda: more dynamic, more embedded, and more internationalized," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(3), pages 167-182, July.
- Sandro Montresor & Antonio Vezzani, 2017. "Design, innovation and performance in European firms," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2017-01, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness model dynamics; 3D printing; Business ecosystems; Capabilities; Platform;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:134:y:2018:i:c:p:234-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.