Environmentally-driven community entrepreneurship: Mapping the link between natural environment, local community and entrepreneurship
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Li, Tania Murray, 2002. "Engaging Simplifications: Community-Based Resource Management, Market Processes and State Agendas in Upland Southeast Asia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 265-283, February.
- Anne Pierre & Yvonne Friedrichs & Joakim Wincent, 2014. "Entrepreneurship in Society: A Review and Definition of Community-Based Entrepreneurship Research," International Studies in Entrepreneurship, in: Anders Lundström & Chunyan Zhou & Yvonne von Friedrichs & Elisabeth Sundin (ed.), Social Entrepreneurship, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 239-257, Springer.
- Elisabeth Sundin, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and social and community care," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 212-222, August.
- A. Lindgreen & M. Antioco & D. Harness & R. van Der Sloot, 2009. "Purchasing and marketing of social and environmental sustainability for high-tech medical equipment," Post-Print hal-00387043, HAL.
- Ingebjørg Vestrum, 2016. "Integrating multiple theoretical approaches to explore the resource mobilization process of community ventures," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 123-134, March.
- Jean-Michel Sahut & Marta Peris-Ortiz, 2014. "Small business, innovation, and entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 663-668, April.
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Elisabeth Sundin, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and social and community care," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(2), pages 212-222, April.
- Vanessa Ratten & Isabell M. Welpe, 2011. "Special issue: Community-based, social and societal entrepreneurship," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5-6), pages 283-286, June.
- Adam Lindgreen & Michael Antioco & David Harness & Remi Sloot, 2009. "Purchasing and Marketing of Social and Environmental Sustainability for High-Tech Medical Equipment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 445-462, April.
- Corus, Canan & Ozanne, Julie L., 2012. "Stakeholder engagement: Building participatory and deliberative spaces in subsistence markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(12), pages 1728-1735.
- Leo Paul Dana & Teresa E. Dana, 2005. "Expanding the scope of methodologies used in entrepreneurship research," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(1), pages 79-88.
- Anne Pierre & Yvonne Friedrichs & Joakim Wincent, 2014. "A Review of Social Entrepreneurship Research," International Studies in Entrepreneurship, in: Anders Lundström & Chunyan Zhou & Yvonne von Friedrichs & Elisabeth Sundin (ed.), Social Entrepreneurship, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 43-69, Springer.
- Leo Paul Dana & Robert Brent Anderson, 2011. "The evolution of entrepreneurship in Arviat: the southernmost community of mainland Nunavut," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 14(4), pages 508-532.
- Odd Jarl Borch & Anniken Førde & Lars Rønning & Ingebjørg Kluken Vestrum & Gry Agnete Alsos, 2008. "Resource configuration and creative practices of community entrepreneurs," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 100-123, May.
- Andrew L. Friedman & Samantha Miles, 2002. "Developing Stakeholder Theory," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 1-21, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haugh, Helen M., 2021. "The governance of entrepreneurial community ventures: How do conflicting community interests influence opportunity exploitation?," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 16(C).
- Milena Nedeljković Knežević & Marko D. Petrović & Slađana Nedeljković & Maja Mijatov & Milan M. Radovanović & Mirjana Gajić & Miroslav Škoda, 2019. "Changes in Traditional Activities of Industrial Area toward Sustainable Tourism Development," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(22), pages 1-16, November.
- Matthew M. Mars, 2022. "Community and Cultural Entrepreneurship and Value Co-Creation in the Local Food Marketscape," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(24), pages 1-20, December.
- Khanh Hung DOAN, 2022. "The Swot Analysis Of Community-Based Enterpreneurship Development In Vietnam," Management Strategies Journal, Constantin Brancoveanu University, vol. 56(2), pages 79-90.
- Matti Grosse & Hendrik Send & Thomas Schildhauer, 2019. "Lessons Learned from Establishing the Energy-Informatics Business Model: Case of a German Energy Company," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(3), pages 1-18, February.
- Del Giudice, Manlio & Garcia-Perez, Alexeis & Scuotto, Veronica & Orlando, Beatrice, 2019. "Are social enterprises technological innovative? A quantitative analysis on social entrepreneurs in emerging countries," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 148(C).
- Huasheng Zhu & Yawei Chen & Kebi Chen, 2019. "Vitalizing Rural Communities: China’s Rural Entrepreneurial Activities from Perspective of Mixed Embeddedness," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(6), pages 1-21, March.
- Hertel, Christina & Binder, Julia & Fauchart, Emmanuelle, 2021. "Getting more from many—A framework of community resourcefulness in new venture creation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 36(3).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sikor, Thomas, 2006. "Analyzing community-based forestry: Local, political and agrarian perspectives," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 339-349, June.
- Johnson, Craig & Forsyth, Timothy, 2002. "In the Eyes of the State: Negotiating a "Rights-Based Approach" to Forest Conservation in Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1591-1605, September.
- Nunan, Fiona, 2006. "Empowerment and institutions: Managing fisheries in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1316-1332, July.
- Ojha, Hemant R. & Ford, Rebecca & Keenan, Rodney J. & Race, Digby & Carias Vega, Dora & Baral, Himlal & Sapkota, Prativa, 2016. "Delocalizing Communities: Changing Forms of Community Engagement in Natural Resources Governance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 274-290.
- Millner, Naomi & Peñagaricano, Irune & Fernandez, Maria & Snook, Laura K., 2020. "The politics of participation: Negotiating relationships through community forestry in the Maya Biosphere Reserve, Guatemala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- So-Min Cheong, 2005. "Korean Fishing Communities in Transition: Limitations of Community-Based Resource Management," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 37(7), pages 1277-1290, July.
- Zhan, Shaohua, 2015. "From Privatization to Deindustrialization: Implications of Chinese Rural Industry and the Ownership Debate Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 108-122.
- Reinout Kleinhans & Maarten Van Ham, 2017.
"The support paradox in community enterprise experiments in the Netherlands,"
International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 31(4), pages 570-589.
- Kleinhans, Reinout & van Ham, Maarten, 2016. "The Support Paradox in Community Enterprise Experiments in The Netherlands," IZA Discussion Papers 9625, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- R. V. ShabbirHusain, 2022. "Green offering: more the centrality, greater the scepticism," International Review on Public and Nonprofit Marketing, Springer;International Association of Public and Non-Profit Marketing, vol. 19(4), pages 819-834, December.
- Abbas El‐Zein & Rola Nasrallah & Iman Nuwayhid & Lea Kai & Jihad Makhoul, 2006. "Why Do Neighbors Have Different Environmental Priorities? Analysis of Environmental Risk Perception in a Beirut Neighborhood," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(2), pages 423-435, April.
- Bene, Christophe, 2003. "When Fishery Rhymes with Poverty: A First Step Beyond the Old Paradigm on Poverty in Small-Scale Fisheries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 949-975, June.
- Lane, Marcus, 2001. "Looking After Country: Institutional Arrangements For Indigenous Lands Management In Australia," Working Papers 12779, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Land Tenure Center.
- Rudra Prasad GHIMIRE, 2022. "Role of pedagogical internship for educational transformation," Access Journal, Access Press Publishing House, vol. 3(3), pages 240-252, July.
- De La Cruz S., Marco & Dessein, Joost, 2021. "Beyond institutional bricolage: An ‘intertwining approach’ to understanding the transition towards agroecology in Peru," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Resosudarmo, Ida Aju Pradnja & Tacconi, Luca & Sloan, Sean & Hamdani, Faridh Almuhayat Uhib & Subarudi, & Alviya, Iis & Muttaqin, Muhammad Zahrul, 2019. "Indonesia's land reform: Implications for local livelihoods and climate change," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 1-1.
- Brobbey, Lawrence Kwabena & Hansen, Christian Pilegaard & Kyereh, Boateng, 2021. "The dynamics of property and other mechanisms of access: The case of charcoal production and trade in Ghana," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C).
- Kahlil Hassanali, 2013. "Towards sustainable tourism: The need to integrate conservation and development using the Buccoo Reef Marine Park, Tobago, West Indies," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 90-102, May.
- Van Hecken, Gert & Bastiaensen, Johan & Windey, Catherine, 2015. "The frontiers of the debate on Payments for Ecosystem Services: a proposal for innovative future research," IOB Discussion Papers 2015.05, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Jesse R. Catlin & Michael Gerhard Luchs & Marcus Phipps, 2017. "Consumer Perceptions of the Social Vs. Environmental Dimensions of Sustainability," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 245-277, September.
- Mani, Venkatesh & Gunasekaran, Angappa & Papadopoulos, Thanos & Hazen, Benjamin & Dubey, Rameshwar, 2016. "Supply chain social sustainability for developing nations: Evidence from India," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 42-52.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental protection and management; Community entrepreneurship; Natural habitat; Stakeholders; Sustainability; Success factors;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:129:y:2018:i:c:p:221-231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.