The Support Paradox in Community Enterprise Experiments in The Netherlands
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Reinout Kleinhans & Maarten Van Ham, 2017. "The support paradox in community enterprise experiments in the Netherlands," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 31(4), pages 570-589.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ingmar van Meerkerk & Beitske Boonstra & Jurian Edelenbos, 2013. "Self-Organization in Urban Regeneration: A Two-Case Comparative Research," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(10), pages 1630-1652, October.
- Nick Williams & Colin C. Williams, 2012. "Evaluating the socio-spatial contingency of entrepreneurial motivations: A case study of English deprived urban neighbourhoods," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(7-8), pages 661-684, September.
- Peter Somerville & Gerard McElwee, 2011. "Situating community enterprise: A theoretical exploration," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(5-6), pages 317-330, June.
- Anne Pierre & Yvonne Friedrichs & Joakim Wincent, 2014. "Entrepreneurship in Society: A Review and Definition of Community-Based Entrepreneurship Research," International Studies in Entrepreneurship, in: Anders Lundström & Chunyan Zhou & Yvonne von Friedrichs & Elisabeth Sundin (ed.), Social Entrepreneurship, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 239-257, Springer.
- Elisabeth Sundin, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and social and community care," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(3), pages 212-222, August.
- Thomas S. Lyons, 2015. "Entrepreneurship and community development: what matters and why?," Community Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(5), pages 456-460, December.
- Scott Shane, 2009. "Why encouraging more people to become entrepreneurs is bad public policy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 141-149, August.
- Michael W-P Fortunato & Theodore Alter, 2015. "Community entrepreneurship development: an introduction," Community Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(5), pages 444-455, December.
- Lyons Thomas S. & Alter Theodore R. & Audretsch David & Augustine Darline, 2012. "Entrepreneurship and Community: The Next Frontier of Entrepreneurship Inquiry," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Justus Uitermark, 2015. "Longing for Wikitopia: The study and politics of self-organisation," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(13), pages 2301-2312, October.
- Colin Mason & Darja Reuschke & Stephen Syrett & Maarten van Ham (ed.), 2015. "Entrepreneurship in Cities," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 16132.
- Mats A. Lundqvist & Karen L. Williams Middleton, 2010. "Promises of societal entrepreneurship: Sweden and beyond," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 24-36, March.
- Robert Blackburn & Monder Ram, 2006. "Fix or fixation? The contributions and limitations of entrepreneurship and small firms to combating social exclusion," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 73-89, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- McKeever, Edward & Jack, Sarah & Anderson, Alistair, 2015. "Embedded entrepreneurship in the creative re-construction of place," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 50-65.
- David Urbano & Sebastian Aparicio & Victor Querol, 2016. "Social progress orientation and innovative entrepreneurship: an international analysis," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1033-1066, December.
- Robert Lee & Heinz TÃ¼selmann & Dilani Jayawarna & Julia Rouse, 2011. "Investigating the Social Capital and Resource Acquisition of Entrepreneurs Residing in Deprived Areas of England," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 29(6), pages 1054-1072, December.
- Efendic, Nedim & Andersson, Fredrik W. & Wennberg, Karl, 2015. "Growth in first- and second-generation immigrant firms in Sweden," Ratio Working Papers 265, The Ratio Institute.
- Catherine Laffineur & Saulo Dubard Barbosa & Alain Fayolle & Emeran Nziali, 2017. "Active labor market programs’ effects on entrepreneurship and unemployment," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 889-918, December.
- Ashish Vazirani & Titas Bhattacharjee, 2022. "Necessity or opportunity: A case of business venturing decision during COVID‐19 pandemic," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 43(3), pages 768-778, April.
- Nick Williams & Robert Huggins & Piers Thompson, 2020. "Entrepreneurship and Social Capital: Examining the Association in Deprived Urban Neighbourhoods," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 289-309, March.
- Caroline Bayart & Séverine Saleilles, 2019. "Rethinking the opportunity/necessity dichotomy with a risk management- based approach," Post-Print hal-02143039, HAL.
- Robert Lee & Eleanor Shaw, 2016. "Bourdieuâ€™s non-material forms of capital: Implications for start-up policy," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 34(8), pages 1734-1758, December.
- Jean-Philippe Berrou & Damien Girollet, 2019. "A la recherche des « gazelles » du secteur informel urbain africain. Entreprises et entrepreneurs à fort potentiel dans leur environnement socioéconomique et numérique," Working Papers hal-02507441, HAL.
- Salemink, Koen & Strijker, Dirk, 2018. "The participation society and its inability to correct the failure of market players to deliver adequate service levels in rural areas," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 757-765.
- David Urbano & Sebastian Aparicio & David Audretsch, 2019. "Twenty-five years of research on institutions, entrepreneurship, and economic growth: what has been learned?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 53(1), pages 21-49, June.
- Gurău, Călin & Dana, Léo-Paul, 2018. "Environmentally-driven community entrepreneurship: Mapping the link between natural environment, local community and entrepreneurship," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 221-231.
- Bacq, Sophie & Hertel, Christina & Lumpkin, G.T., 2022. "Communities at the nexus of entrepreneurship and societal impact: A cross-disciplinary literature review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 37(5).
- Alperovych, Yan & Hübner, Georges & Lobet, Fabrice, 2015.
"How does governmental versus private venture capital backing affect a firm's efficiency? Evidence from Belgium,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 508-525.
- Yan Alperovych & Georges Hubner & Fabrice Lobet, 2015. "How does governmental versus private venture capital backing affect a firm's efficiency? : Evidence from Belgium," Post-Print hal-02313248, HAL.
- Taelim Choi & John C. Robertson & Anil Rupasingha, 2013. "High-growth firms in Georgia," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2013-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Zhenping Zhang & Haiyan Yan & Jiayin Qi, 2020. "What Do Chinese Entrepreneurs Think about Entrepreneurship: A Case Study of Popular Essays on Zhisland," JOItmC, MDPI, vol. 6(3), pages 1-11, September.
- Piñeiro-Chousa, Juan & López-Cabarcos, M. Ángeles & Romero-Castro, Noelia María & Pérez-Pico, Ada María, 2020. "Innovation, entrepreneurship and knowledge in the business scientific field: Mapping the research front," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 475-485.
- R. Sandra Schillo & Ajax Persaud & Meng Jin, 2016. "Entrepreneurial readiness in the context of national systems of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 619-637, April.
- Cueto, Begona & Pruneda, Gabriel, 2015. "Job Satisfaction of Wage and Self-Employed workers. Do preferences make a difference?," MPRA Paper 65432, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscommunity enterprises; community entrepreneurship; active citizenship; support; urban regeneration; self-organisation; The Netherlands;
All these keywords.
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs; Social Entrepreneurship
- O35 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Social Innovation
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2016-02-17 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2016-02-17 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2016-02-17 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2016-02-17 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp9625. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/izaaade.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Holger Hinte (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/izaaade.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.