When Fishery Rhymes with Poverty: A First Step Beyond the Old Paradigm on Poverty in Small-Scale Fisheries
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beck, Tony & Nesmith, Cathy, 2001. "Building on Poor People's Capacities: The Case of Common Property Resources in India and West Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 119-133, January.
- Trond Vedeld, 2000. "Village politics: Heterogeneity, leadership and collective action," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 105-134.
- Gasper, D.R., 1993. "Entitlements analysis : relating concepts and contexts," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18849, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Reardon, Thomas & Vosti, Stephen A., 1995. "Links between rural poverty and the environment in developing countries: Asset categories and investment poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1495-1506, September.
- Bailey, Conner & Jentoft, Svein, 1990. "Hard choices in fisheries development," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 333-344, July.
- Panayotou, Theodore, 1980. "Economic conditions and prospects of small-scale fishermen in Thailand," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 142-146, April.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124.
- Platteau, J.P., 1994.
"A Framework for the Analysis of Evolving Patron-Client Ties In Agrarian Economies,"
140, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1995. "A framework for the analysis of evolving patron-client ties in agrarian economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 767-786, May.
- Smith, I.R., 1979. "A research framework for traditional fisheries," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 12304, July.
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Heaps, Terry & Helliwell, John F., 1985. "The taxation of natural resources," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 421-472 Elsevier.
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh, 2001. "Social Capital and the Environment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Bailey, Conner & Cycon, Dean & Morris, Michael, 1986. "Fisheries development in the Third World: The role of international agencies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(10-11), pages 1269-1275.
- Cavendish, William, 2000. "Empirical Regularities in the Poverty-Environment Relationship of Rural Households: Evidence from Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1979-2003, November.
- Bromley, Daniel W., 1989. "Property relations and economic development: The other land reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 867-877, June.
- Botchway, Karl, 2001. "Paradox of Empowerment: Reflections on a Case Study from Northern Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 135-153, January.
- Toufique, Kazi Ali, 1997. "Some observations on power and property rights in the inland fisheries of Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 457-467, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:6:p:949-975. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.