Engaging Simplifications: Community-Based Resource Management, Market Processes and State Agendas in Upland Southeast Asia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C., 1999. "Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 629-649, April.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1995. "Shifting cultivation and "deforestation": A study from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1713-1729, October.
- Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian, 1999. "Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 225-247, February.
- Current, Dean & Lutz, Ernst & Scherr, Sara J, 1995. "The Costs and Benefits of Agroforestry to Farmers," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 151-180, August.
- Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh, 2001. "Social Capital and the Environment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Wainwright, Carla & Wehrmeyer, Walter, 1998. "Success in integrating conservation and development? A study from Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 933-944, June.
- Agarwal, Bina, 1997. "Editorial: Re-sounding the alert--gender, resources and community action," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1373-1380, September.
- Guevara, Milwida,M., 2000. "Decentralization and Economic Development: The Philippine Experience," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 41(2), pages 97-109, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnson, Craig & Forsyth, Timothy, 2002. "In the Eyes of the State: Negotiating a "Rights-Based Approach" to Forest Conservation in Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1591-1605, September.
- Jyotsna Krishnakumar & John Yanagida & V. Anitha & Rajeev Balakrishnan & Theodore Radovich, 2015. "Non-timber forest products certification and management: a socioeconomic study among the Kadars in Kerala, India," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 837-858, August.
- Thorp, Rosemary & Stewart, Frances & Heyer, Amrik, 2005. "When and how far is group formation a route out of chronic poverty?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 907-920, June.
- Nunan, Fiona, 2006. "Empowerment and institutions: Managing fisheries in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1316-1332, July.
- repec:bla:tvecsg:v:108:y:2017:i:5:p:540-553 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ojha, Hemant R. & Ford, Rebecca & Keenan, Rodney J. & Race, Digby & Carias Vega, Dora & Baral, Himlal & Sapkota, Prativa, 2016. "Delocalizing Communities: Changing Forms of Community Engagement in Natural Resources Governance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 274-290.
- Tanya Richardson, 2015. "On the Limits of Liberalism in Participatory Environmental Governance: Conflict and Conservation in Ukraine's Danube Delta," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 46(3), pages 415-441, May.
- Zhan, Shaohua, 2015. "From Privatization to Deindustrialization: Implications of Chinese Rural Industry and the Ownership Debate Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 108-122.
- McDuie-Ra, Duncan & Kikon, Dolly, 2016. "Tribal communities and coal in Northeast India: The politics of imposing and resisting mining bans," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 261-269.
- Fernández-Giménez, María E. & Batkhishig, Baival & Batbuyan, Batjav & Ulambayar, Tungalag, 2015. "Lessons from the Dzud: Community-Based Rangeland Management Increases the Adaptive Capacity of Mongolian Herders to Winter Disasters," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 48-65.
- McCarthy, John F., 2004. "Changing to Gray: Decentralization and the Emergence of Volatile Socio-Legal Configurations in Central Kalimantan, Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1199-1223, July.
- Cochran, Jaquelin & Ray, Isha, 2009. "Equity Reexamined: A Study of Community-Based Rainwater Harvesting in Rajasthan, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 435-444, February.
- Smits, Mattijs & Bush, Simon R., 2010. "A light left in the dark: The practice and politics of pico-hydropower in the Lao PDR," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 116-127, January.
- García-López, Gustavo A. & Arizpe, Nancy, 2010. "Participatory processes in the soy conflicts in Paraguay and Argentina," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 196-206, December.
- Vandergeest, Peter, 2007. "Certification and Communities: Alternatives for Regulating the Environmental and Social Impacts of Shrimp Farming," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1152-1171, July.
- Sarah Milne & Bill Adams, 2012. "Market Masquerades: Uncovering the Politics of Community-level Payments for Environmental Services in Cambodia," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(1), pages 133-158, January.
- Wiggins, Steve & Marfo, Kofi & Anchirinah, Vincent, 2004. "Protecting the Forest or the People? Environmental Policies and Livelihoods in the Forest Margins of Southern Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1939-1955, November.
- Belsky, Jill M., 2015. "Community forestry engagement with market forces: A comparative perspective from Bhutan and Montana," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 29-36.
- Spiegel, Samuel J., 2012. "Governance Institutions, Resource Rights Regimes, and the Informal Mining Sector: Regulatory Complexities in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 189-205.
- Sikor, Thomas, 2006. "Analyzing community-based forestry: Local, political and agrarian perspectives," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 339-349, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:2:p:265-283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .