The ability of current statistical classifications to separate services and manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeremy Howells, 2004. "Innovation, consumption and services: encapsulation and the combinatorial role of services," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 19-36, January.
- Magnus Lodefalk, 2013.
"Servicification of manufacturing - evidence from Sweden,"
International Journal of Economics and Business Research,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 87-113.
- Lodefalk, Magnus, 2010. "Servicification of Manufacturing - Evidence from Swedish Firm and Enterprise Group Level Data," Working Papers 2010:3, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Hicks, Diana, 2011. "Structural change and industrial classification," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 93-105, June.
- Dirk Pilat & Anita Wölfl, 2005. "Measuring the Interaction Between Manufacturing and Services," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2005/5, OECD Publishing.
- Kahle, Kathleen M. & Walkling, Ralph A., 1996. "The Impact of Industry Classifications on Financial Research," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(03), pages 309-335, September.
- Guerrieri, Paolo & Meliciani, Valentina, 2005. "Technology and international competitiveness: The interdependence between manufacturing and producer services," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 489-502, December.
- Vandermerwe, Sandra & Rada, Juan, 1988. "Servitization of business: Adding value by adding services," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 314-324, December.
- Kathleen M. Kahle & Ralph A. Walkling, "undated". "The Impact of Industry Classifications on Financial Research," Research in Financial Economics 9607, Ohio State University.
- Dahlstedt, Roy & Salmi, Timo & Luoma, Martti & Laakkonen, Arto, 1994. "On the usefulness of standard industrial classifications in comparative financial statement analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 230-238, December.
- Michael Peneder, 2003. "Industry Classifications: Aim, Scope and Techniques," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 109-129, March.
- Dalziel, Margaret, 2007. "A systems-based approach to industry classification," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1559-1574, December.
- Guenther, David A. & Rosman, Andrew J., 1994. "Differences between COMPUSTAT and CRSP SIC codes and related effects on research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 115-128, July.
- Leiponen, Aija & Drejer, Ina, 2007. "What exactly are technological regimes?: Intra-industry heterogeneity in the organization of innovation activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1221-1238, October.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1965. "Introduction to "The Growing Importance of the Service Industries"," NBER Chapters,in: The Growing Importance of the Service Industries, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dirk Pilat & Agnès Cimper & Karsten Bjerring Olsen & Colin Webb, 2006. "The Changing Nature of Manufacturing in OECD Economies," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2006/9, OECD Publishing.
- Schettkat, Ronald & Yocarini, Lara, 2006. "The shift to services employment: A review of the literature," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 127-147, June.
- Sanjeev Bhojraj & Charles M. C. Lee & Derek K. Oler, 2003. "What's My Line? A Comparison of Industry Classification Schemes for Capital Market Research," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 745-774, December.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1965. "The Growing Importance of the Service Industries," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number fuch65-1.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2001.
"Patterns of innovation organisation in service firms: postal survey results and theoretical models,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 57-67, February.
- Faridah Djellal & FaÏz Gallouj, 2001. "Patterns of innovation organisation in service firms: postal survey results and theoretical models," Post-Print halshs-01133139, HAL.
- Clarke, Richard N, 1989. "SICs as Delineators of Economic Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(1), pages 17-31, January.
- McCarthy, Ian & Anagnostou, Angela, 2004. "The impact of outsourcing on the transaction costs and boundaries of manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 61-71, March.
- Peter Carroll & Eduardo Pol & Paul Robertson, 2000. "Classification of Industries by Level of Technology: An Appraisal and some Implications," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 417-436.
- Hildegunn Kyvik Nordås & Yunhee Kim, 2013. "The Role of Services for Competitiveness in Manufacturing," OECD Trade Policy Papers 148, OECD Publishing.
- Fertuck, Leonard, 1975. "A Test of Industry Indices Based on SIC Codes," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 837-848, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- D’Adamo, Gaetano & Rovelli, Riccardo, 2015.
"The role of the exchange rate regime in the process of real and nominal convergence,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 21-37.
- D'Adamo, Gaetano & Rovelli, Riccardo, 2013. "The Role of the Exchange Rate Regime in the Process of Real and Nominal Convergence," IZA Discussion Papers 7627, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gaetano D’Adamo & Riccardo Rovelli, 2013. "The role of the Exchange Rate Regime in the process of Real and Nominal Convergence," Working Papers 1314, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- D'Adamo, Gaetano & Rovelli, Riccardo, 2013. "Labor Market Institutions and the Response of Inflation to Macro Shocks in the EU: A Two-Sector Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 7616, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- D'Adamo, Gaetano & Rovelli, Riccardo, 2015. "Labour Market Institutions and Inflation Differentials in the EU," IZA Discussion Papers 9389, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsIndustry classification; Services; Industrial dynamics;
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:26:y:2013:i:c:p:47-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/525148 .