L1 geometric ergodicity of a multivariate nonlinear AR model with an ARCH term
In this note, the condition to ensure the L1 geometric ergodicity of a multivariate nonlinear AR model mixed with an ARCH term (also called conditional heteroscedastic autoregressive nonlinear model) is investigated. Under some mild conditions on the white noise process with first absolute moment, a sufficient condition much weaker than that by Ango Nze (C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris 315 ser. 1 (1992) 1301-1304) is derived. As an application, the L1 geometric ergodicity of an additive AR model mixed with a multiplicative ARCH term is studied. Our condition expands the application of the result in Ango Nze (C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris 315 ser. 1 (1992) 1301-1304) and is interesting for robust modeling when the white noise is fat-tailed with infinite variance. Some additional remarks are also made.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 51 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A., 1997.
"Local polynomial estimators of the volatility function in nonparametric autoregression,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 223-242, November.
- Wolfgang HÄRDLE & A. TSYBAKOV, 1995. "Local Polynomial Estimators of the Volatility Function in Nonparametric Autoregression," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,42, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Bhattacharya, Rabi & Lee, Chanho, 1995. "On geometric ergodicity of nonlinear autoregressive models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 311-315, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Tweedie, Richard L., 1975. "Sufficient conditions for ergodicity and recurrence of Markov chains on a general state space," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 385-403, October.
- Lu, Zudi, 1996. "A note on geometric ergodicity of autoregressive conditional heteroscedasticity (ARCH) model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 305-311, November.
- Yang, Lijian & Härdle, Wolfgang & Nielsen, Jens P., 1998.
"Nonparametric autoregression with multiplicative volatility and additive mean,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1998,107, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- L. YANG & Wolfgang HÄRDLE, 1996. "Nonparametric Autoregression with Multiplicative Volatility and Additive Mean," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1996,62, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Baillie, R.T. & Degennaro, R.P., 1988.
"Stock Returns And Volatility,"
8803, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- P. BOSSAERTS & Wolfgang HÄRDLE & C. HAFNER, 1995. "A New Method for Volatility Estimation with Applications in Foreign Exchange Rate Series," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,45, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:51:y:2001:i:2:p:121-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.