Ergodicity and existence of moments for local mixtures of linear autoregressions
We consider a class of nonlinear time series expressed as a local mixture of a finite number of linear autoregressions. The mixing weights are continuous functions of lagged observations while the densities of the innovation terms in each autoregression can be very general and are only assumed to possess finite moments of some order. We focus on the probabilistic properties of the model and provide mild sufficient conditions for geometric ergodicity and existence of moments.
Volume (Year): 71 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521779654 is not listed on IDEAS
- Markku Lanne & Pentti Saikkonen, 2001.
"Modeling the U.S. Short-Term Interest Rate by Mixture Autoregressive Processes,"
CeNDEF Workshop Papers, January 2001
PO5, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Markku Lanne & Pentti Saikkonen, 2003. "Modeling the U.S. Short-Term Interest Rate by Mixture Autoregressive Processes," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 1(1), pages 96-125.
- Lanne, Markku & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2000. "Modeling the US short-term interest rate by mixture autoregressive processes," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,76, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- LeBaron, Blake, 1992.
"Some Relations between Volatility and Serial Correlations in Stock Market Returns,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 199-219, April.
- Lu, Zudi & Jiang, Zhenyu, 2001. "L1 geometric ergodicity of a multivariate nonlinear AR model with an ARCH term," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 121-130, January.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521770415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Oesook & Shin, Dong Wan, 2000. "On geometric ergodicity of the MTAR process," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 229-237, July.
- An, Hongzhi & Chen, Min & Huang, Fuchun, 1997. "The geometric ergodicity and existence of moments for a class of non-linear time series model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 213-224, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:71:y:2005:i:4:p:313-322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.