Local Polynomial Estimators of the Volatility Function in Nonparametric Autoregression
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Hardle, W. & Tsybakov, A., 1997. "Local polynomial estimators of the volatility function in nonparametric autoregression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 223-242, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory, Allan W, 1989. "A Nonparametric Test for Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity: A Markov-Chain Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 107-115, January.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1992. "Qualitative threshold ARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 159-199.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy, 2002. "Nonlinear Features of Realized FX Volatility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(4), pages 668-681, November.
- Bauer, Rob M M J & Nieuwland, Frederick G M C & Verschoor, Willem F C, 1994. "German Stock Market Dynamics," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 397-418.
- Filippo Altissimo & Giovanni L. Violante, 2001.
"The non-linear dynamics of output and unemployment in the U.S,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 461-486.
- Altissimo, Filippo & Violante, Giovanni L, 2000. "The Nonlinear Dynamics of Output and Unemployment in the US," CEPR Discussion Papers 2475, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juan Manuel Julio & Norberto Rodríguez & Héctor Manuel Zárate, 2005.
"Estimating the COP Exchange Rate Volatility Smile and the Market Effect of Central Bank Interventions: A CHARN Approach,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002605, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Juan Manuel Julio & Norberto Rodríguez & Hector Zárate, 2005. "Estimating the COP Exchange Rate Volatility Smile and the Market Effect of Central Bank Interventions: A CHARN Approach," Borradores de Economia 347, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Gonzalo Cortazar & Alejandro Bernales & Diether Beuermann, 2005. "Methodology and Implementation of Value-at-Risk Measures in Emerging Fixed-Income Markets with Infrequent Trading," Finance 0512030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adam Clements & Scott White, 2005. "Non-linear filtering with state dependant transition probabilities: A threshold (size effect) SV model," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 191, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- van Dijk, Dick & Franses, Philip Hans & Lucas, Andre, 1999.
"Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Additive Outliers,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 539-562, Sept.-Oct.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Lucas, A., 1996. "Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Additive Outliers," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9659-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- O. Linton & E. Mammen, 2005.
"Estimating Semiparametric ARCH(∞) Models by Kernel Smoothing Methods,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 771-836, May.
- Linton, Oliver & Mammen, Enno, 2003. "Estimating semiparametric ARCH (∞) models by kernel smoothing methods," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58068, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Linton, Oliver & Mammen, Enno, 2003.
"Estimating semiparametric ARCH (8) models by kernel smoothing methods,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2187, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Enno Mammen & Oliver Linton, 2004. "Estimating Semiparametric ARCH Models by Kernel Smoothing Methods," FMG Discussion Papers dp511, Financial Markets Group.
- Oliver Linton & Enno Mammen, 2003. "Estimating Semiparametric ARCH (8) Models by Kernel Smoothing Methods," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 453, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Shields, Kalvinder K, 1997.
"Threshold Modelling of Stock Return Volatility on Eastern European Markets,"
Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 30(2-3), pages 107-125.
- Kalvinder Shields, 1997. "Threshold Modelling of Stock Return Volatility on Eastern European Markets," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 107-125, May.
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2006. "The Copula-GARCH model of conditional dependencies: An international stock market application," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 827-853, August.
- Tim Bollerslev, 2008. "Glossary to ARCH (GARCH)," CREATES Research Papers 2008-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Lijian Yang & Wolfgang Hardle & Jens Nielsen, 1999.
"Nonparametric Autoregression with Multiplicative Volatility and Additive mean,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 579-604, September.
- Yang, L. & Härdle, Wolfgang, 1996. "Nonparametric Autoregression with Multiplicative Volatility and Additive Mean," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1996,62, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Yang, Lijian & Härdle, Wolfgang & Nielsen, Jens P., 1998. "Nonparametric autoregression with multiplicative volatility and additive mean," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,107, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Helmut Herwartz & Helmut Lütkepohl, 2000.
"Multivariate volatility analysis of VW stock prices,"
Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 35-54, March.
- Herwartz, H. & Lütkepohl, H., 1998. "Multivariate Volatility Analysis of VW Stock Prices," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,32, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Mak, T. K. & Wong, H. & Li, W. K., 1997. "Estimation of nonlinear time series with conditional heteroscedastic variances by iteratively weighted least squares," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 169-178, April.
- Tim Bollerslev & Ray Y. Chou & Narayanan Jayaraman & Kenneth F. Kroner - L, 1991. "es modéles ARCH en finance : un point sur la théorie et les résultats empiriques," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 24, pages 1-59.
- Heiler, Siegfried, 1999. "A Survey on Nonparametric Time Series Analysis," CoFE Discussion Papers 99/05, University of Konstanz, Center of Finance and Econometrics (CoFE).
- Klein, Tony & Walther, Thomas, 2017. "Fast fractional differencing in modeling long memory of conditional variance for high-frequency data," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 274-279.
- Rockinger, M. & Jondeau, E., 2001.
"Conditional Dependency of Financial Series: An Application of Copulas,"
82, Banque de France.
- Michael Rockinger & Eric Jondeau, 2001. "Conditional Dependency of Financial Series: An Application of Copulas," Working Papers hal-00601478, HAL.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 2001. "Conditional dependency of financial series : an application of copulas," HEC Research Papers Series 723, HEC Paris.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:sfb373:199542. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfhubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfhubde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.