Measuring the social impacts associated with Super Bowl XLIII: Preliminary development of a psychic income scale
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2004.
"Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 515-526, Fall.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2002. "Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?," Working Papers 02-09, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Matthew Walker & Michael J. Mondello, 2007. "Moving Beyond Economic Impact: A Closer Look at the Contingent Valuation Method," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 2(3), pages 149-160, August.
- Victor Matheson & Robert Baade, 2004. "Padding Required: Assessing the Economic Impact of the Super Bowl," Working Papers 0403, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- John J. Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, 2000. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 95-114, Summer.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2001. "The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 6-21, February.
- Scitovsky, Tibor, 1981. "The Desire for Excitement in Modern Society," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 3-13.
- Mules, Trevor, 1998. "Taxpayer Subsidies for Major Sporting Events," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 25-43, November.
- BK. Johnson & JC. Whitehead, 2000. "Value of public goods from sports stadiums: the CVM approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 48-58, January.
- Christine Green, B., 2001. "Leveraging Subculture and Identity to Promote Sport Events," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-19, May.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2003. "Professional Sports Facilities, Franchises and Urban Economic Development," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 03-103, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Gibson, Heather J., 1998. "Sport Tourism: A Critical Analysis of Research," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 45-76, November.
- Bloch, Peter H & Sherrell, Daniel L & Ridgway, Nancy M, 1986. " Consumer Search: An Extended Framework," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 119-126, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:48:y:2015:i:c:p:21-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:tho:journl:v:23:y:2017:n:2:p:195-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- John E. Grable & Kimberly Watkins, 2016. "Quantifying the Value of Collecting: Implications for Financial Advisers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 639-648, December.
- repec:eee:touman:v:44:y:2014:i:c:p:113-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Dragin-Jensen, 2016. "Mutual Image Impacts of Events and Host Destinations: What We Know From Prior Research," Working Papers 122/16, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsSport mega event; Psychic income; Impact analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:15:y:2012:i:1:p:91-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.