Stadium Construction and Minor League Baseball Attendance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Seth R. Gitter & Thomas A. Rhoads, 2014. "Stadium Construction And Minor League Baseball Attendance," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 144-154, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2001. "The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 6-21, February.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2005. "Novelty Effects Of New Facilities On Attendance At Professional Sporting Events," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(3), pages 436-455, July.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008.
"Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Subsidies for Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and Mega-Events?,"
Econ Journal Watch,
Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(3), pages 294-315, September.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Subsidies for Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and Mega-Events?," Working Papers 0818, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Michael C. Davis, 2006. "Called up to the Big Leagues: An Examination of the Factors Affecting the Location of Minor League Baseball Teams," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 1(4), pages 253-264, November.
- Seth R. Gitter & Thomas A. Rhoads, 2010. "Determinants of Minor League Baseball Attendance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(6), pages 614-628, December.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2004.
"Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 515-526, Fall.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2002. "Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?," Working Papers 02-09, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- John J. Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, 2000. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 95-114, Summer.
- Michael Davis, 2007. "Income and the Locations of AAA Minor League Baseball Teams," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 35(3), pages 371-372, September.
- Christopher M. Clapp & Jahn K. Hakes, 2005. "How Long a Honeymoon? The Effect of New Stadiums on Attendance in Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(3), pages 237-263, August.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Honey Moon is Over in Lancaster
by Seth Gitter in the blog of diminishing returns on 2010-06-24 19:04:00
- Why Sports and Sports Economics Matter
by Seth Gitter in The Blog of Diminishing Returns on 2012-06-20 00:08:00
- Hagerstown Stadium Construction
by Seth Gitter in The Blog of Diminishing Returns on 2012-08-07 18:38:00
- How Academic Publishing is like a Football Drive
by Seth Gitter in The Blog of Diminishing Returns on 2012-09-12 18:40:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Feddersen, Arne, 2015. "Grundlagen der Sportnachfrage: Theorie und Empirie der Einflussfaktoren auf die Zuschauernachfrage," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 94, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Agha, Nola & Rascher, Daniel, 2013. "When can economic impact be positive? Nine conditions that explain why smaller sports can have bigger impacts," MPRA Paper 48016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nola Agha & Thomas Rhoads, 2016. "The League Standing Effect: The Case of a Split Season in Minor League Baseball," Working Papers 2016-13, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2016.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2010-03-20 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2010-03-20 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-03-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tow:wpaper:2010-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juergen Jung). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .