Stadium Construction and Minor League Baseball Attendance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Seth R. Gitter & Thomas A. Rhoads, 2014. "Stadium Construction And Minor League Baseball Attendance," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 144-154, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2001. "The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 6-21, February.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2005. "Novelty Effects Of New Facilities On Attendance At Professional Sporting Events," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(3), pages 436-455, July.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008.
"Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Subsidies for Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and Mega-Events?,"
Econ Journal Watch,
Econ Journal Watch, vol. 5(3), pages 294-315, September.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2008. "Do Economists Reach a Conclusion on Subsidies for Sports Franchises, Stadiums, and Mega-Events?," Working Papers 0818, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Michael C. Davis, 2006. "Called up to the Big Leagues: An Examination of the Factors Affecting the Location of Minor League Baseball Teams," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 1(4), pages 253-264, November.
- Seth R. Gitter & Thomas A. Rhoads, 2010. "Determinants of Minor League Baseball Attendance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(6), pages 614-628, December.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2004.
"Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 515-526, Fall.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2002. "Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?," Working Papers 02-09, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- John J. Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, 2000. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 95-114, Summer.
- Michael Davis, 2007. "Income and the Locations of AAA Minor League Baseball Teams," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 35(3), pages 371-372, September.
- Christopher M. Clapp & Jahn K. Hakes, 2005. "How Long a Honeymoon? The Effect of New Stadiums on Attendance in Major League Baseball," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(3), pages 237-263, August.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Honey Moon is Over in Lancaster
by Seth Gitter in the blog of diminishing returns on 2010-06-24 19:04:00
- Why Sports and Sports Economics Matter
by Seth Gitter in The Blog of Diminishing Returns on 2012-06-20 00:08:00
- Hagerstown Stadium Construction
by Seth Gitter in The Blog of Diminishing Returns on 2012-08-07 18:38:00
- How Academic Publishing is like a Football Drive
by Seth Gitter in The Blog of Diminishing Returns on 2012-09-12 18:40:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Feddersen, Arne, 2015. "Grundlagen der Sportnachfrage: Theorie und Empirie der Einflussfaktoren auf die Zuschauernachfrage," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 94, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Agha, Nola & Rascher, Daniel, 2013. "When can economic impact be positive? Nine conditions that explain why smaller sports can have bigger impacts," MPRA Paper 48016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nola Agha & Thomas Rhoads, 2016. "The League Standing Effect: The Case of a Split Season in Minor League Baseball," Working Papers 2016-13, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Jul 2016.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2010-03-20 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2010-03-20 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-03-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tow:wpaper:2010-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juergen Jung). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.