Willingness to Pay for Downtown Public Goods Generated by Large, Sports-Anchored Development Projects: The CVM Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giles Atkinson & Susana Mourato & Stefan Szymanski & Ece Ozdemiroglu, 2008. "Are We Willing to Pay Enough to `Back the Bid'?: Valuing the Intangible Impacts of London's Bid to Host the 2012 Summer Olympic Games," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(2), pages 419-444, February.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2004.
"Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 515-526, Fall.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2002. "Public Funding of Professional Sports Stadiums: Public Choice or Civic Pride?," Working Papers 02-09, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2001. "The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 6-21, February.
- Dennis Coates, 2007. "Stadiums And Arenas: Economic Development Or Economic Redistribution?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 565-577, October.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Michael J. Mondello & John C. Whitehead, 2006. "Contingent Valuation of Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(3), pages 267-288, August.
- Fernando Diaz Orueta & Susan S. Fainstein, 2008. "The New Mega-Projects: Genesis and Impacts," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 759-767, December.
- BK. Johnson & JC. Whitehead, 2000. "Value of public goods from sports stadiums: the CVM approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 48-58, January.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2000. "“The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team: The CVM Approach,”," Working Papers 0014, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Baade, Robert A & Dye, Richard F, 1988. "An Analysis of the Economic Rationale for Public Subsidization of Sports Stadiums," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 22(2), pages 37-47, July.
- Paul F. Whiteley (ed.), 1998. "Economic Policy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 996.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vörös, Tünde, 2017.
"Költség-haszon elemzési keretrendszer sportberuházások társadalmi-gazdasági értékeléséhez
[An economic framework for cost-benefit analysis of sports facilities]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 394-420.
- See, Chan Ken, 2017. "Intangible value in preserving the Sports Arenas," MPRA Paper 81505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:225-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pamela Wicker & John C Whitehead & Daniel S Mason & Bruce K Johnson, 2017.
"Public support for hosting the Olympic Summer Games in Germany: The CVM approach,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 54(15), pages 3597-3614, November.
- Pamela Wicker & John C. Whitehead & Daniel S. Mason & Bruce K. Johnson, 2015. "Public support for hosting the Olympic Summer Games in Germany: The CVM approach," Working Papers 15-06, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- repec:spr:schmbr:v:70:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s41464-017-0044-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert, Ruszkowski, 2017. "The Contingent Valuation Method in assessing the value of sport’s stadium in developing nations. The case of Poland," MPRA Paper 80581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fanbin Kong & Kai Xiong & Ning Zhang, 2014. "Determinants of Farmers’ Willingness to Pay and Its Level for Ecological Compensation of Poyang Lake Wetland, China: A Household-Level Survey," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(10), pages 1-15, September.
- Wiker, Dagmara, 2017. "The valuation of publicly financed sport’s arenas," MPRA Paper 82913, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaitlyn Harger & Brad R. Humphreys & Amanda Ross, 2016. "Do New Sports Facilities Attract New Businesses?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 17(5), pages 483-500, June.
- Michael Spanbauer & Lindsay Johnson & Patrick Button, 2017. "How Valuable are National Parks? Evidence from a Proposed National Park Expansion in Alaska," Working Papers 1707, Tulane University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2018.
- Stephanie F. Stefanski & Jay P. Shimshack, 2016. "Valuing Marine Biodiversity in the Gulf of Mexico: Evidence from the Proposed Boundary Expansion of the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 211-232.
- su, chin, 2015. "Estimation of the Willingness to Pay for Preserving the Sports Arenas. The case of Poland," MPRA Paper 74182, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-PPM-2012-04-03 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SPO-2012-04-03 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2012-04-03 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2012-04-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:apl:wpaper:12-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (O. Ashton Morgan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deappus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.