Assessing sport brand value through use of the contingent valuation method
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2001. "The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(1), pages 6-21, February.
- Harry Walton & Alberto Longo & Peter Dawson, 2008. "A Contingent Valuation of the 2012 London Olympic Games," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 9(3), pages 304-317, June.
- BK. Johnson & JC. Whitehead, 2000. "Value of public goods from sports stadiums: the CVM approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 48-58, January.
- Bernd Süssmuth & Malte Heyne & Wolfgang Maennig, 2010. "Induced Civic Pride and Integration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(2), pages 202-220, April.
- Steffen Rätzel & Joachim Weimann, 2006. "Der Maradona Effekt: Wie viel Wohlfahrt schafft die deutsche Nationalmannschaft?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(2), pages 257-270, May.
- Giles Atkinson & Susana Mourato & Stefan Szymanski & Ece Ozdemiroglu, 2008. "Are We Willing to Pay Enough to `Back the Bid'?: Valuing the Intangible Impacts of London's Bid to Host the 2012 Summer Olympic Games," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(2), pages 419-444, February.
- Blomquist, Glenn C. & Whitehead, John C., 1998. "Resource quality information and validity of willingness to pay in contingent valuation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 179-196, June.
- Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead & Daniel S. Mason & Gordon J. Walker, 2007.
"Willingness To Pay For Amateur Sport And Recreation Programs,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 25(4), pages 553-564, October.
- Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead & Daniel S. Mason & Gordon J. Walker, 2006. "Willingness to Pay for Amateur Sport and Recreation Programs," Working Papers 06-14, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Peter A. Groothuis & John C. Whitehead, 2000. "“The Value of Public Goods Generated by a Major League Sports Team: The CVM Approach,”," Working Papers 0014, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Jaume García & Pablo Castellano & José M. Sánchez, 2005. "The willingness to pay to keep a fooball club in a city," IASE Conference Papers 0525, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Kevin Lane Keller & Donald R. Lehmann, 2006. "Brands and Branding: Research Findings and Future Priorities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 740-759, 11-12.
- Pablo Castellanos & Jaume GarcÃa & JosÃ© Manuel SÃ¡nchez, 2011. "The Willingness to Pay to Keep a Football Club in a City: How Important are the Methodological Issues?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 12(4), pages 464-486, August.
- Wicker, Pamela & Prinz, Joachim & von Hanau, Tassilo, 2012. "Estimating the value of national sporting success," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 200-210.
More about this item
KeywordsBrand equity measurements; Contingent valuation method (CVM); Sport brand value.;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- P42 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Productive Enterprises; Factor and Product Markets; Prices
- C83 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Survey Methods; Sampling Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lrc:lareco:v:3:y:2015:i:6:p:33-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (S Marjan). General contact details of provider: http://www.journalofeconomics.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.