The Willingness to Pay to Keep a Football Club in a City: How Important are the Methodological Issues?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin B. Schmidt & David J. Berri, 2001. "Competitive Balance and Attendance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(2), pages 145-167, May.
- La Croix, Sumner J & Kawaura, Akihiko, 1999. "Rule Changes and Competitive Balance in Japanese Professional Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 353-368, April.
- Martin B. Schmidt & David J. Berri, 2004. "The Impact of Labor Strikes on Consumer Demand: An Application to Professional Sports," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 344-357, March.
- Eckard, E Woodrow, 2001. "Free Agency, Competitive Balance, and Diminishing Returns to Pennant Contention," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(3), pages 430-443, July.
- Gwartney, James & Haworth, Charles, 1974. "Employer Costs and Discrimination: The Case of Baseball," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 873-881, July/Aug..
- Leo Kahane & Stephen Shmanske, 1997. "Team roster turnover and attendance in major league baseball," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 425-431.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
- Martin Schmidt & David Berri, 2002. "The impact of the 1981 and 1994-1995 strikes on Major League Baseball attendance: a time-series analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 471-478.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162.
- Hoang, Ha & Rascher, Dan, 1999. "The NBA, Exit Discrimination, and Career Earnings," MPRA Paper 3542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Whitney, James D, 1988. "Winning Games versus Winning Championships: The Economics of Fan Interest and Team Performance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 703-724, October.
- Glenn Knowles & Keith Sherony & Mike Haupert, 1992. "The Demand for Major League Baseball: A Test of the Uncertainty of Outcome Hypothesis," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 36(2), pages 72-80, October.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pamela Wicker & John C. Whitehead & Bruce K. Johnson & Daniel S. Mason, 2016.
"Willingness-To-Pay For Sporting Success Of Football Bundesliga Teams,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 446-462, July.
- Pamela Wicker & John C. Whitehead & Bruce K. Johnson & Daniel S. Mason, 2015. "Willingness-To-Pay For Sporting Success of Football Bundesliga Teams," Working Papers 15-05, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Wicker, Pamela & Kiefer, Stephanie & Dilger, Alexander, 2013. "The value of sporting success to Germans: Comparing the 2012 UEFA Championships with the 2012 Olympics," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 11/2013, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- repec:spr:schmbr:v:70:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s41464-017-0044-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Lucy Lee & Jeffrey D. James, 2015. "Assessing sport brand value through use of the contingent valuation method," Journal of Economic and Financial Studies (JEFS), LAR Center Press, vol. 3(6), pages 33-44, December.
- Pamela Wicker & John C. Whitehead & Daniel S. Mason & Bruce K. Johnson, 2015. "Public support for hosting the Olympic Summer Games in Germany: The CVM approach," Working Papers 15-06, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Huang, Haifang & Humphreys, Brad, 2012. "Do New Sports Facilities Revitalize Urban Neighborhoods? Evidence from Residential Mortgage Applications," Working Papers 2012-5, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Bakkenbüll, Linn-Brit & Dilger, Alexander, 2015. "The willigness to pay for a German win of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 11/2015, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- O. Ashton Morgan & John C. Whitehead, 2015. "Willingness to Pay for Soccer Player Development in the United States," Working Papers 15-03, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
More about this item
Keywordswillingness to pay; protest zero; Tobit model; double hurdle model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:12:y:2011:i:4:p:464-486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .