Quantifying the Value of Collecting: Implications for Financial Advisers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Robinson & Steven Martin, 2008. "What Do Happy People Do?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 89(3), pages 565-571, December.
- Belk, Russell W., 1995. "Collecting as luxury consumption: Effects on individuals and households," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 477-490, September.
- Scott Fuess, 2012. "Leisure in Japan, 1986–2006: A Revival?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 250-260, June.
- Dimson, Elroy & Spaenjers, Christophe, 2011.
"Ex post: The investment performance of collectible stamps,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 443-458, May.
- Dimson, E. & Spaenjers, C., 2009. "Ex-Post : The Investment Performance of Collectible Stamps," Discussion Paper 2009-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Elroy Dimson & Christophe Spaenjers, 2011. "Ex post: The investment performance of collectible stamps," Post-Print hal-00623442, HAL.
- Kim, Woosoon & Walker, Matthew, 2012. "Measuring the social impacts associated with Super Bowl XLIII: Preliminary development of a psychic income scale," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 91-108.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2004. "Art as an investment: risk, return and portfolio diversification in major painting markets," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(2), pages 257-271, July.
- Inmaculada García & José Molina & María Navarro, 2007.
"How Satisfied are Spouses with their Leisure Time? Evidence from Europe,"
Journal of Family and Economic Issues,
Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 546-565, December.
- Inmaculada García & José Alberto Molina Chueca & María Navarro, 2006. "How satisfied are spouses with their Leisure Time?. Evidence from Europe," Documentos de Trabajo dt2006-05, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Thurow, Lester C, 1978. "Psychic Income: Useful or Useless?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 142-145, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCollecting; Stamps; Life cycle hypothesis; Hobby;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:37:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s10834-015-9471-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.