Collecting as luxury consumption: Effects on individuals and households
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Belk, Russell W, 1985. " Materialism: Trait Aspects of Living in the Material World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Belk, Russell W, 1988. " Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 139-168, September.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Mick, David Glen & DeMoss, Michelle, 1990. " Self-Gifts: Phenomenological Insights from Four Contexts," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(3), pages 322-332, December.
- O'Guinn, Thomas C & Faber, Ronald J, 1989. " Compulsive Buying: A Phenomenological Exploration," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 147-157, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miriam Tatzel, 2003. "The Art of Buying: Coming to Terms with Money and Materialism," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 405-435, December.
- Benjamin J. Burton & Joyce P. Jacobsen, 1999. "Measuring Returns on Investments in Collectibles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 193-212, Fall.
- Giles, David C. & Pietrzykowski, Stephen & Clark, Kathryn E., 2007. "The psychological meaning of personal record collections and the impact of changing technological forms," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 429-443, August.
- Dimson, Elroy & Spaenjers, Christophe, 2011.
"Ex post: The investment performance of collectible stamps,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 443-458, May.
- Dimson, E. & Spaenjers, C., 2009. "Ex-Post : The Investment Performance of Collectible Stamps," Discussion Paper 2009-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Elroy Dimson & Christophe Spaenjers, 2011. "Ex post: The investment performance of collectible stamps," Post-Print hal-00623442, HAL.
- Eric Primm & Nicole Leeper Piquero & Robert M. Regoli & Alex R. Piquero, 2010. "The Role of Race in Football Card Prices," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(1), pages 129-142.
- repec:eee:aumajo:v:22:y:2014:i:4:p:325-334 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olander, Folke, 1995. "In search of missing links: Comments on three papers on spending and consumption," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 531-539, September.
- Jain, Arvind K. & Joy, Annamma, 1997. "Money matters: An exploratory study of the socio-cultural context of consumption, saving, and investment patterns," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 649-675, November.
- Guido Candela & Massimiliano Castellani & Pierpaolo Pattitoni, 2012. "Tribal art market: signs and signals," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 36(4), pages 289-308, November.
- repec:eee:touman:v:48:y:2015:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carey, Catherine, 2008. "Modeling collecting behavior: The role of set completion," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 336-347, June.
- Erdős, Péter & Ormos, Mihály, 2012. "Pricing of collectibles: Baedeker guidebooks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1968-1978.
- Spaenjers, C., 2011. "Essays in alternative investments," Other publications TiSEM 8c51041f-6a63-451f-b7f4-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Michael Mutz, 2016. "Christmas and Subjective Well-Being: a Research Note," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 1341-1356, December.
- Dittmar, Helga & Drury, John, 2000. "Self-image - is it in the bag? A qualitative comparison between "ordinary" and "excessive" consumers," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 109-142, April.
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno S. Frey & Magnus Resch, 2014. "Who Collects Art? An International Empirical Assessment," CREMA Working Paper Series 2014-03, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- John E. Grable & Kimberly Watkins, 2016. "Quantifying the Value of Collecting: Implications for Financial Advisers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 639-648, December.
- Tatzel, Miriam, 2002. ""Money worlds" and well-being: An integration of money dispositions, materialism and price-related behavior," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 103-126, February.
- repec:kap:mktlet:v:28:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11002-017-9432-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koford, Kenneth & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1998. "The market value of rarity," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 445-457, March.
- Fabian O. Ugwu & Chidi Ugwu, 2013. "Anointing Without Money: Exploring the Relationships between Materialism, Happiness and Daily Spiritual Experience in a Nigerian Sample," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(5), pages 1196-1207, May.
- McClure, James & Kumcu, Erdogan, 2008. "Promotions and product pricing: Parsimony versus Veblenesque demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 105-117, January.
- Marco Galvagno & Sonia C. Giaccone, 2015. "Second-hand shopping. analisi delle motivazioni d’acquisto e implicazioni per la distribuzione," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 123-147.
- Rimple Manchanda & Srikant Manchiraju & Naseem Abidi & Jitendra Kumar Mishra, 2015. "A study of interaction of materialism and money attitude and its impact on car purchase," Management & Marketing, De Gruyter Open, vol. 10(3), pages 245-269, October.
- Apostolou, Menelaos, 2011. "Why men collect things? A case study of fossilised dinosaur eggs," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 410-417, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:16:y:1995:i:3:p:477-490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.